Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debadged P3D on delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Performance Model 3 Dual Motor, no additional performance upgrade pack. That upgrade included 20” wheels, brakes, spoiler, etc. I believe that this package also had the red calipers.

I’ll have the “Dual Motor” badge provided separately and not applied to my car on delivery.

Performance Model 3 Dual Motor, no additional performance upgrade pack. That upgrade included 20” wheels, brakes, spoiler, etc. I believe that this package also had the red calipers.

I’ll have the “Dual Motor” badge provided separately and not applied to my car on delivery.

Curious to see if you get "Dual Motor" or "Dual Motor".

We think the red brakes only come with the Performance Upgrade Package... But we don't know for sure yet.
Only $5k package has the upgraded brake in red for sure, and it doesn't fit the 18" wheels (as reported by some members being told by ISA, supervisors etc. but who knows). However whether the "standard" brake on Performance model without $5k performance package comes with red caliper is unknown.

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
We think the red brakes only come with the Performance Upgrade Package... But we don't know for sure yet.
The calipers will NOT fit with the 18" wheels. Also it is clearly stated on the order site.

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 9.29.44 AM.png

So don’t understand why Tesla will make two tiers of performance 3 ...I understand the aesthetic stuff

Lots of reasons/theories about what happened - original mention of the performance version had all the now-$5k upgrades and the price was higher. Having a price < $78? or so fully optioned is one plausible reason. Having supply issues with the brakes, etc is another good reason to split them..

The $5k included 20"rim + brakes, trim bits and the +10 top speed but seriously outside a track (in the US anyway) 145 vs 155 is mostly bragging rights, yes?

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA