Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say you are not alone! I think my order is jinxed as well.. EDD jumps were there but not so crazy as now to Jan-Apr 2023.
I wonder if they are just waiting to fulfil yours once Austin starts doing white seats. I read White paint is now coming out of Austin but I don't think white seats are. I bet if you switched to black seats you'd get your VIN. But I'm sure white seats will be at Austin soon.

I wonder if they are just waiting to fulfil yours once Austin starts doing white seats. I read White paint is now coming out of Austin but I don't think white seats are. I bet if you switched to black seats you'd get your VIN. But I'm sure white seats will be at Austin soon.
Possibly. White | white are shipping to Austin from Fremont. One of my friends got it recently ; another one got a VIN assigned yday... And both of them ordered in Jan 22. I dont mind a fremont build..

Elon must have heard my earlier rant today...

Alas, after 255 days I HAVE BEEN VINNED! Like Lana S. I am getting an Austin build (delivery to Idaho🤷🏼). It now seems rather ironic since I originally ordered in July of 21 and then put on hold until releasing the hold in December in hopes of getting the Model Y 2.0 with the promised 4680 batteries from the upcoming factory in Austin.

WELL...I DID get the Austin build, but still the same 2170 batteries. I would have probably accepted a horse and buggy with a touch screen at this point, so no hard feelings :cool: . I am glad I held strong...I was soooo tempted to upgrade to the performance or FSD to try and get my car earlier after watching dozens of my penpals on this site get their cars, many ordering well after I did.

So I will stick with my vanilla order (except for the hitch) and know that it was worth the 8 1/2 month wait and the bonus that I have now saved 12k over ordering today.

Hang in there fellow long timers - your day will come !

Last edited:

Alas, after 255 days I HAVE BEEN VINNED! Like Lana S. I am getting an Austin build (delivery to Idaho🤷🏼). It now seems rather ironic since I originally ordered in July of 21 and then put on hold until releasing the hold in December in hopes of getting the Model Y 2.0 with the promised 4680 batteries from the upcoming factory in Austin.

WELL...I DID get the Austin build, but still the same 2170 batteries. I would have probably accepted a horse and buggy with a touch screen at this point, so no hard feelings :cool: . I am glad I held strong...I was soooo tempted to upgrade to the performance or FSD to try and get my car earlier after watching dozens of my penpals on this site get their cars, many ordering well after I did.

So I will stick with my vanilla order (except for the hitch) and know that it was worth the 8 1/2 month wait and the bonus that I have now saved 12k over ordering today.

Good job hanging in there. I too am going to stick to my original order because I don't want to feel bullied into an order I was happy with a year ago. However, I've noticed a little drool from the corner of my mouth when I see a Performance.

Reactions: sundevil

Congratulations!
I have been watching yours and Lana’s posts as I have the same “plain” build, OD 02/01/22.
Maybe in the next 2 months or so for me..
Best of luck to you both on delivery day!

After adding FSD, how soon did you order reflect changee in EDD and/or you got the VIN?
I am tempted to go this route of adding FSD. My EDD got pushed out to Jan-Apr 2023 earlier in July with an OD 12/29/21. And my friends in Austin who ordered after me with the same car config are getting their cars delivered in august! So frustrated..
Finally got a two week window. Hopefully almost my turn. 9/2-9/16
Congrats! What’s your config?