Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny Im near you in vacaville. Call the tesla 888 number, choose vehicle option, provide order # and request to remove financing to cash. Once it locks in a EDD you will get a vin# and you can request payment to financing.
The 888 number works if you select vehicle delivery, if you select sale they never pick up and goes to voice message. The person who pulled up my information said even if you change it to cash it doesn't do anything. I'm going to trust him on this, but I really wanted him to change it to cash. If the EDD change again, I'll just make sure they change it to cash.

**OD is 09/13/2021 for Model Y Long Range. I live in Sacramento, Ca. My EDD date has moved from Jan to April 17 to now May 19.

Reactions: Otter2007
Gotcha.

When I talked to a Sales Advisor, they recommended me not fill out the credit application until I get a VIN since they would need to run the credit again if over 30 days from the initial credit check.

My EDD was moved from July to March to August now.
I've been waiting a year for my Model Y long range. They told me I didn't get put into the que because I didn't complete a loan offer. is this just them trying to cover up their mistake?

I've been waiting a year for my Model Y long range. They told me I didn't get put into the que because I didn't complete a loan offer. is this just them trying to cover up their mistake?
Unwritten rule. Your not in queue until you complete trade in and payment method. Set trade in to no and payment to cash as both expire and put you into limbo until you redo it

I had same issue, but got lucky and was only a 2 month delay

Look on the bright side, you are getting your car before a bunch of August, September and October orders, November too. Be happy you are getting your MYLR so fast. I got over another 6 weeks before I hit the start of my EDD
Definitely. I'd love to get the car as soon as possible and acknowledge that the estimated dates seem to be in my favor. I'm just observing that they are all over the place.

Reactions: Otter2007
IT will do that because without answer to Trade in or Payment, you are in limbo. Set trade in to No. Once you get a VIN you can set trade in then. Payment should be cash as finance expires after 60 days.
Thanks for the advice, I just requested. I was able to remove the trade-in but not the financing. I have an email into my SA. I wish these SA's would give this guidance ahead of time.

Two updates since this last one. My EDD changed on Feb 26th or 27th (I can't remember which day specifically) to March 6-31st and then this morning it changed again to March 4-17th. Interesting that it went from a 2 week range, to just under 3, down to just under a 2 week range. I'm sure there's more to come.
Yesterday my EDD narrowed to March 7-17th. Just a little ago I was assigned a VIN! NF393xxx

My EDD went back to TBD a few days ago. It doesn't appear to be a December group thing and my transaction is set to cash with no trade-in so it shouldn't be those issues either. I recently saw a post or two on this forum that said that as of the middle of last month Tesla started to prioritize order date over profile completion date. Maybe that is true and I'm being moved up from my previous June 1 - 29 EDD. If so, I need to see if anyone else is left in the February 2021 waiting room!🤣

• Funny
Reactions: BGOwner