Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is still locked on 6/18 - 7/16 ugh. Hoping for a spring miracle, closer to May/early June. Ugh these gas prices in NorCal suck and will only increase for our summer costlier gas type.
I here ya, what I'm wondering is if the Austin volume is already built into the existing EDDs or not. If it is then we should probably expect our current EDDs to be accurate, however, my guess is that the Austin volume is not built in, and once they start pushing our deliveries from Austin, we should see a noticeable move up in all of our EDDs (somewhere in the order of a month - guessing).

Why I don't think Austin volume is built in? It would be very hard to measure a ramp up in a new giga line into the EDD algorithm, there would be too many variables, and if they did try to work it in the algorithm, there would be too many manual touch points.

I here ya, what I'm wondering is if the Austin volume is already built into the existing EDDs or not. If it is then we should probably expect our current EDDs to be accurate, however, my guess is that the Austin volume is not built in, and once they start pushing our deliveries from Austin, we should see a noticeable move up in all of our EDDs (somewhere in the order of a month - guessing).

Why I don't think Austin volume is built in? It would be very hard to measure a ramp up in a new giga line into the EDD algorithm, there would be too many variables, and if they did try to work it in the algorithm, there would be too many manual touch points.
Very good question. I also wonder how/if Austin is factored in to our EDDs already. I thought maybe that is why my EDD went back to TBD, but if that were the case I expect a lot of other people also would have also gone to TBD. I'm hoping it isn't factored in and we will start to see EDDs jump forward as Austin starts cranking out vehicles.

Wait, how is it that the January 2022 group has significantly more activity than our December Group!?! Lol, no love for December!

• Funny
Reactions: PatentNRG
Yesterday my EDD narrowed to March 7-17th. Just a little ago I was assigned a VIN! NF393xxx
Couple of updates. I asked via text what the build date was and if it had the AMD processor. I was told it was built on Sunday the 6th (same day as the VIN assignment) and that it does have the AMD processor. I then was able to schedule an appointment for pickup. I had Thursday the 10th as the date but the night before they said they needed to delay and rescheduled me for this coming Sunday with the possibility that if it's available sooner they'll let me know. So fingers crossed that I'm able to pick it up sometime this weekend.

Reactions: Silence88
My EDD went back to TBD a few days ago. It doesn't appear to be a December group thing and my transaction is set to cash with no trade-in so it shouldn't be those issues either. I recently saw a post or two on this forum that said that as of the middle of last month Tesla started to prioritize order date over profile completion date. Maybe that is true and I'm being moved up from my previous June 1 - 29 EDD. If so, I need to see if anyone else is left in the February 2021 waiting room!🤣
New EDD as of today: August 16th - September 13. I’m starting to wonder if Tesla is trying to goad me in to canceling this order?

Reactions: UW_MYLR
Have you tried calling Tesla customer support? Maybe something has gone wrong with your order?
If it were just me maybe I’d waste the time to contact them and expect a reasonable answer. However, I’m seeing similar shifts in our December group and other threads. Tesla seems to have little incentive in filling these orders when they can replace them with higher priced orders. My order price is $10K below the current price and the chance of my adding FSD. is near zero. Seems like Tesla will sell me a car when they feel like it, or wait for me to go away.

As a current owner and tiny, tiny, tiny shareholder I don’t think this is the best way to do business. Tesla holds a lot of advantages right now, but customer service is poor and it will eventually hurt them if it remains so.

If it were just me maybe I’d waste the time to contact them and expect a reasonable answer. However, I’m seeing similar shifts in our December group and other threads. Tesla seems to have little incentive in filling these orders when they can replace them with higher priced orders. My order price is $10K below the current price and the chance of my adding FSD. is near zero. Seems like Tesla will sell me a car when they feel like it, or wait for me to go away.

As a current owner and tiny, tiny, tiny shareholder I don’t think this is the best way to do business. Tesla holds a lot of advantages right now, but customer service is poor and it will eventually hurt them if it remains so.
It is possibly due to the 10-month time from Order Date to Profile Completed Date?

It is possibly due to the 10-month time from Order Date to Profile Completed Date?
If it were just me then maybe it would have had something to do with my profile or ordering circumstances. It does feel that way. However,as there a number of other reports of similar delays on this forum I doubt it is about my order specifically. That said, I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if those of us with lower prices got fed up and canceled our orders.