Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Dec 21st order got pushed back 3 months today. This has been my progression so far.

Pick up in Las Vegas
MYLR Red, 20 " tires, black interior, no tow, no FSD

Original EDD: July
2nd EDD May 10th- June (Cant remember exact date now)
3rd EDD June 10- July 8
Changed this morning to Sept 9 - Nov 4

Has anyone else been pushed back this far?
I placed my order 12/27/21 (same configuration as yours), and my current EDD is June 8-July 16. Before this EDD, I was in a Aug-Sept range. I’m in CT, if location matters. Maybe your EDD will update to a better date soon… it is tough to be patient and tolerant of all these changes.

Reactions: Otter2007
My Dec 21st order got pushed back 3 months today. This has been my progression so far.

Pick up in Las Vegas
MYLR Red, 20 " tires, black interior, no tow, no FSD

Original EDD: July
2nd EDD May 10th- June (Cant remember exact date now)
3rd EDD June 10- July 8
Changed this morning to Sept 9 - Nov 4

Has anyone else been pushed back this far?
My profile complete date is Nov 1 for a Aug 31 order. My EDD is May 16 - June 13. Would think your June - July dates would be about right. Did you have a finance offer or trade in offer expire? That could possibly cause your EDD to push out as far as it did

Sorry to see you go. I, myself, have been thinking of switching to EV6 GT-Line AWD. I have driven it twice and I liked it. I am having a problem locating one within 250 miles.
That's a major problem - finding one within a reasonable distance from you.
They just are not making many of them which is why they are hard to find,
and if you can find one, most dealers are adding as much as 15% to window sticker.
My advice to you is to keep checking your local dealers website, which is how I found mine today.
It is actually the closest Hyundai dealer to my house, and I've bought 4 Sonatas and one Genesis G80
from this dealer. They still charged me the same over sticker that everyone else is paying. I was told if
I don't want the car, there is someone behind me that will. And I believe that.
I insisted I wanted a blue/gray and really got lucky in finding one, including only RWD.
I'm paying about $9-$10k less than the Y I have on order, even with their $799 dealer fee
and markup.
I am keeping my reservation just to see how many more times my EDD changes. I will cancel
it when I finally get a vin.

My profile complete date is Nov 1 for a Aug 31 order. My EDD is May 16 - June 13. Would think your June - July dates would be about right. Did you have a finance offer or trade in offer expire? That could possibly cause your EDD to push out as far as it did
No. I'm not trading anything in, and it's listed as a cash transaction. I'm so confused as to why this would happen.

So, my S is in the shop waiting on new tie rods. Tesla gave me a 3 loaner. I hate it. Years of driving a S did not prepare me for 3. It isn't just the reduced number of physical controls or that "tiny" screen, but the OS is similar yet different between the S and the 3. Given time I can get used to all of that. Relying on the Key card, when you don't own the vehicle sucks. Gone is just walking up to my car getting in and driving off. I've got to tap a card here or there to open or start the car. I just realized I've been leaving the car unlocked because with the key card one has to tap the pillar to lock the car. Phone as key (or a fob) will fix this if you actually own the car. I kinda dislike how plain the interior is. The loaner I have is a bit worn and it makes that plainness feel much more like economy. I think I can live with plainness or maybe swap out a few bits to make it more to my liking. What has me a bit worried though is the size since the 3 and Y are similar in a number of aspects and measurements. The 3 feels cramped. Knee room in particular - it seems I have one leg smashed up against the door or the other against the console. I don't remember feeling smushed on my Y test drives though. I need to rent a Y for a few days (or maybe see if I can swap this 3 for one if my parts arrive in typical Tesla time) and see how it feels to drive for more than just a short test drive. It seems I have plenty of time for an extended test drive before mine shows up.

So, my S is in the shop waiting on new tie rods. Tesla gave me a 3 loaner. I hate it. Years of driving a S did not prepare me for 3. It isn't just the reduced number of physical controls or that "tiny" screen, but the OS is similar yet different between the S and the 3. Given time I can get used to all of that. Relying on the Key card, when you don't own the vehicle sucks. Gone is just walking up to my car getting in and driving off. I've got to tap a card here or there to open or start the car. I just realized I've been leaving the car unlocked because with the key card one has to tap the pillar to lock the car. Phone as key (or a fob) will fix this if you actually own the car. I kinda dislike how plain the interior is. The loaner I have is a bit worn and it makes that plainness feel much more like economy. I think I can live with plainness or maybe swap out a few bits to make it more to my liking. What has me a bit worried though is the size since the 3 and Y are similar in a number of aspects and measurements. The 3 feels cramped. Knee room in particular - it seems I have one leg smashed up against the door or the other against the console. I don't remember feeling smushed on my Y test drives though. I need to rent a Y for a few days (or maybe see if I can swap this 3 for one if my parts arrive in typical Tesla time) and see how it feels to drive for more than just a short test drive. It seems I have plenty of time for an extended test drive before mine shows up.
First world problems…

Without trying to start a flame war, I completely disagree. I've been in the opposite situation: having a rental S while my wife's 3 was in the shop. I found the S to be a much less enjoyable driving experience. The front display was obscured by the steering wheel, the center console was overly complicated, the door trim was awkward, and not having the brake "Hold" when at a traffic stop (though I just may not have been able to figure out where to turn on that feature) were all major negatives compared to the 3. I don't consider the 3 interior "plain", but rather simplified, which I like. I'm sure we both have some bias based on what we're used to driving.

Regarding space in the Y, I don't think you'll feel so cramped. I have a 3 and my wife upgraded to a Y, and the difference in space is significant. That's one of the reasons I plan on upgrading mine as well.

Without trying to start a flame war, I completely disagree. I've been in the opposite situation: having a rental S while my wife's 3 was in the shop. I found the S to be a much less enjoyable driving experience. The front display was obscured by the steering wheel, the center console was overly complicated, the door trim was awkward, and not having the brake "Hold" when at a traffic stop (though I just may not have been able to figure out where to turn on that feature) were all major negatives compared to the 3. I don't consider the 3 interior "plain", but rather simplified, which I like. I'm sure we both have some bias based on what we're used to driving.

Regarding space in the Y, I don't think you'll feel so cramped. I have a 3 and my wife upgraded to a Y, and the difference in space is significant. That's one of the reasons I plan on upgrading mine as well.
No flames at all! I do like the smaller exterior dimensions of the 3 and how much lighter it feels. That no automatic hold on stop (you have to pump the brake or something to hold on older S, I do it automatically now) is annoying, but Raven and newer Model S have the auto hold option just like the 3 and Y. Thanks for the input!

We are slowly creeping closer to actually talking about deliveries!

Last edited:
Reactions: fstop11