Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December / Late December delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a phone call this afternoon from my DS asking if I wanted to come to the factory to take delivery earlier than 12/21; car goes into production on Monday and I was offered pickup earlier in the week of 12/16. Unfortunately have a day job, must wait until Saturday to drive down to the factory. 13 days and counting.

VIN 27609. S85 - My car is set for Toronto delivery on Dec. 20. If your VIN has already been completed, does this indicate that lower models are done as well? Would be sweet to things done a bit earlier!

I was originally quoted delivery of 21, as of Friday the car has completed production and is being loaded on truck. Delivery date has been moved to the 14th. Should the car show up sooner they will let me know.

VIN 27609. S85 - My car is set for Toronto delivery on Dec. 20. If your VIN has already been completed, does this indicate that lower models are done as well? Would be sweet to things done a bit earlier!

Little, if any correlation between VIN numbers and deliveries. Many Europeans have earlier VINS than 27609 that have not been shipped/delivered. The end of the quarter push is on for US deliveries.

Ordered 10/12, confirmed 10/15. "In Production" 12/5. Anticipated delivery 12/19. P26874.

Need to get in contact with my DS as they have me scheduled for 6 PM delivery which is a bit late for a 220 mile drive home. I'd really rather go cross country 185 miles on interesting 2 lane roads but only if I have daylight.

wow. Madison AL. Nice. I used to live there in the mid nineties. Congrats. I wondered how many folks in HSV would buy the car. Great to see this.

wow. Madison AL. Nice. I used to live there in the mid nineties. Congrats. I wondered how many folks in HSV would buy the car. Great to see this.

Its surprising sometimes what you find around Huntsville/Madison. Then again the first Tesla I saw live was at the service center for my test drive. My first Volt was one of the few times I have ever been to Ridgecrest, CA.

If you have watched Orange County Choppers perhaps you remember the Liberty Bike? Plated with copper salvaged from the Statue of Liberty restoration? It lives in Huntsville and I was privileged to sit on it once:

Liberty Bike.jpg

Brown S85.jpg

Add me to the club! Ordered and confirmed 10/25. In production 12/7. Finished Production 12/11. Scheduled for delivery via Marietta, GA 12/19.

It's an S85, 19" wheels, Tan Leather with Matte Obeche, Tech and sound packages, Fog Lights, Parking Sensors

View attachment 37818

Add me to the club! Ordered and confirmed 10/25. In production 12/7. Finished Production 12/11. Scheduled for delivery via Marietta, GA 12/19.

It's an S85, 19" wheels, Tan Leather with Matte Obeche, Tech and sound packages, Fog Lights, Parking Sensors

Nice car! Though I don't quite understand the VIN# series....I'm 28169, with delivery on 12/18 and other dates fairly consistent. Regardless, this waiting is a killer!
image.jpg

Nice car! Though I don't quite understand the VIN# series....I'm 28169, with delivery on 12/18 and other dates fairly consistent. Regardless, this waiting is a killer!
View attachment 37854

Nice. Looks identical save the pano roof. I debated the roof a lot, but in the end decided to go with the solid color. My last car was a BMW 550i GT with a very similar huge sunroof. It was really cool, but I absolutely never used it as I'm a bit of a vampire and don't like the sun shining on me. Wife didn't care either way, and the kids didn't get a vote ; )