Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December / Late December delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations Peter, she's a beauty! Can't wait to see it in person.

I see you got the new 19" cyclone wheels! Definitely more distinctive than the 19's my car is currently wearing.

Thanks! Actually, they are Rial Lugano wheels with Michelin X-Ice 3 tires from Tire Rack, and Tesla logo centre cap stickers from 3dstickers.com. That's cool that they fooled you :smile:

Did the factory tour and drove away in our new MC Red S this afternoon. We met a nice couple from Florida who ordered a few days ago and we're doing the tour.

The tour was great and the delivery was better - after the endless 10 week wait.

What a wonderful car - even sitting in our garage it looks beautiful and tomorrow we get to drive it again!

You must REALLY be excited now with about 21 hours to go!!!

Yep! I finally got the "Your Model S is being prepared for pick-up or delivery" this afternoon and my DS said that the car was loaded onto the truck at 2:45 today and will arrive at the SD center tomorrow and prepped in the am for my 12:30 pick-up. They're even sending a car to pick me up at the dealer where I'm selling my current vehicle.

The home solar was approved for use today and turned on and started generating power a few hours ago!

Have you heard from anyone recently? I wonder if they schedule delivery appointments on Sunday in case yours is ready early?

Yep! I finally got the "Your Model S is being prepared for pick-up or delivery" this afternoon and my DS said that the car was loaded onto the truck at 2:45 today and will arrive at the SD center tomorrow and prepped in the am for my 12:30 pick-up. They're even sending a car to pick me up at the dealer where I'm selling my current vehicle.

The home solar was approved for use today and turned on and started generating power a few hours ago!

Have you heard from anyone recently? I wonder if they schedule delivery appointments on Sunday in case yours is ready early?
No news on my end...I'll be cheering your delivery tomorrow. What design did you choose? I'll be looking for your car around San Diego.

Who did your solar?

No news on my end...I'll be cheering your delivery tomorrow. What design did you choose? I'll be looking for your car around San Diego.

Who did your solar?

California Premier Solar installed our panels. I've been extremely happy with them. They aren't the cheapest but they definitely seemed the most knowledgable and weren't intimidated by our clay tile roof. Plus their electricians installed my 240v for just $300 for me.

I went with the 60 since I've only driven over 150 miles in a day once in the past three years. I'm hoping I made the right choice there. Grey metallic, black textile (again, hoping I made the right decision, but my 3 kids have been hard on the leather in my past few cars), piano, pano, rear facing seats, tech, power folding mirrors and parking sensors.

My neighbor has blue metallic and it's beautiful. Adding my metallic grey, our neighborhood will have every color represented except green and silver!

I'll scour the delivery center for VINs tomorrow, but I bet you're is in production for a day or two more. Don't worry, the last few days seem to go fast!

Can't believe I pick up tomorrow. I hope the rain is gone by then!

California Premier Solar installed our panels. I've been extremely happy with them. They aren't the cheapest but they definitely seemed the most knowledgable and weren't intimidated by our clay tile roof. Plus their electricians installed my 240v for just $300 for me.

I went with the 60 since I've only driven over 150 miles in a day once in the past three years. I'm hoping I made the right choice there. Grey metallic, black textile (again, hoping I made the right decision, but my 3 kids have been hard on the leather in my past few cars), piano, pano, rear facing seats, tech, power folding mirrors and parking sensors.

My neighbor has blue metallic and it's beautiful. Adding my metallic grey, our neighborhood will have every color represented except green and silver!

I'll scour the delivery center for VINs tomorrow, but I bet you're is in production for a day or two more. Don't worry, the last few days seem to go fast!

Oh My Gosh, there's an Accept Delivery button on my dashboard! 3 hours to go!

It looks like you are 2 hours from delivery!! I will include California Premier Solar in the mix as I also have a clay tile roof.
I have not seen a Model S in my neighborhood but if I mount a gun rack in the back window I'll fit in.
:scared:

It looks like you are 2 hours from delivery!! I will include California Premier Solar in the mix as I also have a clay tile roof.
I have not seen a Model S in my neighborhood but if I mount a gun rack in the back window I'll fit in.
:scared:

It'll be awesome being the first on your block and not the 4th! That's funny about the gun rack. At least if martial law is imposed you'll know that your neighborhood is well armed and prepared...

I just got a call that my car is still traveling through LA and it "won't be as clean as we would like when you get it". They said that I can bring it back for a full detail. I have to pick up my kids at 2:30 and will be turning in my other car today, so I think I have to pick it up regardless....

It'll be awesome being the first on your block and not the 4th! That's funny about the gun rack. At least if martial law is imposed you'll know that your neighborhood is well armed and prepared...

I just got a call that my car is still traveling through LA and it "won't be as clean as we would like when you get it". They said that I can bring it back for a full detail. I have to pick up my kids at 2:30 and will be turning in my other car today, so I think I have to pick it up regardless....
You and your kids are probably on the road now in your "not as clean as we would like it" Model S. I can just imagine a family of Tesla Grins. Enjoy!!

- - - Updated - - -

Production Complete!! :biggrin:

You and your kids are probably on the road now in your "not as clean as we would like it" Model S. I can just imagine a family of Tesla Grins. Enjoy!!

- - - Updated - - -

Production Complete!! :biggrin:

I got it!

IMG_4895.jpg
IMG_4894.JPG

The car actually arrived on the transporter after I did, and the service center worked like mad to get the car charged a bit (to 107 miles), washed (with a promise to detail next week) and get me out in time to pick up my kids. Everyone was incredibly nice and helpful, and really eager to make it the best possible experience for me that they could. The pick up location was at a different site than usual as they are so busy this month that they needed additional space. There were about 20 Teslas there and they said they plan to deliver 50 from the San Diego center this week alone!

First impressions: the grey metallic color totally exceeded my expectations. Photos don't do it justice. In the lights of the service center I thought it was blue. I'm really happy with it. Same with the black textile seats. I have only had leather recently, but decided to try the textile since my kids have been hard on the leather. The textile seats are great, and there are still baseball stitching details in the car that make it feel high end. I'm extremely glad that I added on the power folding mirrors because I would have had a lot of trouble backing into my garage without them.

There are two things I'm not sure of at this point. I don't love the piano black, but I didn't really like any of the other trims, so I still think that was the right choice. I think the piano may grow on me. The other thing is that I wish the rear camera/parking sensors had the lines that show when you back up. I'm used to the lines from my previous cars and it's really hard to back into my garage without them because it's so tight. That being said, the parking sensors seem to work great in the front and back.

There's definitely a period of adjustment with being so low to the ground. I'm used to the seats in a Land Rover. Looking up to other cars on the freeway and sitting with my legs straight out is different, but I find the seats themselves very comfortable. I was worried about being in a rush to pick up my kids and having the adjustment period getting used to the acceleration and braking, but it wasn't tough at all (except when I had to figure out how to get the handles to present themselves to my kids in the pick up line at school!).

I'm really glad I got the pano roof. I had it open the whole time I was driving. The headroom is much less on this car than I'm used to, so it's great to have the open feel up top.

Both of my younger kids love the rear facing seats so far. I do think I may have to tint the back windshield for the summers, though. My 11 year old insists on riding back there, even though he's 5' tall and over the weight limit. No trouble so far with motion sickness.

The car drives like a rocket. The 60 is more than enough car for me. I didn't come close to maximum acceleration as it felt like I was on a roller coaster! All of the controls were really intuitive and I found the GPS fine so far. I had no idea what to do when I walked out of the car and the handles didn't retract, so I just kept walking and kept my fingers crossed that they would eventually disappear and the car would lock.

The My Tesla app took just under 5 hours to show up, so I haven't gotten to play with that yet.

I still have to figure out the alarm function. It was set to Off by default, so I need to figure out the details there.

All in all, I definitely have the Tesla grin and can't wait to figure out where to drive tomorrow. It's so exciting to think that I don't have to go to a gas station!

I got it!
Both of my younger kids love the rear facing seats so far. I do think I may have to tint the back windshield for the summers, though. My 11 year old insists on riding back there, even though he's 5' tall and over the weight limit. No trouble so far with motion sickness.
All in all, I definitely have the Tesla grin and can't wait to figure out where to drive tomorrow. It's so exciting to think that I don't have to go to a gas station!
Congrats! The car looks fantastic. Your rear facing passengers also have the Tesla grin.

Tomorrow's your day!!! What time are you picking up?
I pick up at noon. I am excited :biggrin: and have spent the day getting prepared for tomorrow. I hope I can sleep tonight! My car will be charged to 200 rated miles and ready for a mini road trip. I'll have my son, grandson, and two friends to help me with the check list and then we'll be on the road...possibly to check out the Hawthorne super charger.