Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decisions - M3 LR AWD vs. Standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the option to order a used M3 AWD LR for 40K. Should I just get a new one instead (basic/standard)?

What do you guys think?

Car:M3 AWD LR
Price : 40900
Color: Blue
Rims: 19inch Sport
Miles: 4900 - I have to pickup the car from Denver ( I am in Chicago)

Starndard Range (36200)
+ blue + rims + destination fee - tax credit = $38025

It says that it has autopilot.
Are there any major differences in software or hardware between the 2018 and 2019 model.

2018 Tesla Model 3 5YJ3E1EB5JF185499 | False, Fa | Tesla

Here are the pics of the car. It is a 10K discount

That's a late 2018 build, which is better than an early 2018 build; heck, it was built only 9 months ago. You won't have HW3 AP, but rather 2.5 AP. Does the car have FSD? It does have 19" wheels, which was an option for $1500, I think. A white interior with that blue would have closed the deal for me on the spot! Enjoy!

The car was delivered in Feb 2019. How can you tell the Hardware being used
It's implied by its age. It was built in December 2018, which was before the new HW3 computer started shipping. So it has HW2.5, just like me and many of us here. If you buy FSD after you get the car, then you'll be entitled to a computer upgrade when they get around to doing those. (I've bought FSD, but still on the original computer.) If you're not interested in FSD, then theoretically the computer shouldn't matter either way. In short, don't let the computer hardware version sway you either way.

In December they were still selling EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot). Basic AP did not come out until a few months later. So it either has nothing, or it has EAP. But you should ask the seller to confirm and then check it before you hand over the check. When you go for a test drive put the car in autopilot and try to initiate a lane change. If it all works then you have EAP.

In December they were still selling EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot). Basic AP did not come out until a few months later. So it either has nothing, or it has EAP. But you should ask the seller to confirm and then check it before you hand over the check. When you go for a test drive put the car in autopilot and try to initiate a lane change. If it all works then you have EAP.

This is a CPO car and I don't think I can test drive it. The listing says AutoPilot but how can I verify without testing the car?

This is a CPO car and I don't think I can test drive it. The listing says AutoPilot but how can I verify without testing the car?

Aside from asking for it in writing from Tesla I don’t think there is really any way. The original owner may have purchased EAP but Tesla can downgrade it to AP once they take ownership of it so aside from asking for something in writing from Tesla I don’t think there’s anything you can do to verify it.

From what I’ve seen most CPO cars have been coming with basic AP.