Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay Delay Delay Delay BS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are playing games
Getting very very old, if I had another car I wanted I would say good buy
but, I want Model 3
but, the games they play give me a VERY bad taste

Dallas
None Tesla owner
April 1, 2016 10:30 AM CST
2 major delays
last window was May/June/July show on June 20th, 2018
Called them on June 20th, said Aug is getting close
They said, new big invites, should be able to order/config first week of July and get the car in 3 to 6 weeks

Got the invite EARLY "nice"
BUT
The delivery NOW is
Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18

This is BS BS BS BS

Not a Happy camper

This can be my first and last Tesla , do NOT like the games the play

Also, the web page did show 7500 credit

If I do not get this credit, I will claim fraud

I can "wait", but want/demand 7500 credit

I know he pushing the envelope, which is good, but does create harm even death at times

note my first e car
I leased I3 for my wife, she loved it, very funky car
lease was up, I found a very nice used car for $15k
The only con is the range, but for the city, very nice car
M3 is nicer , but you need to accept the BS Tesla plays, do not like it
not a way to run a Co
4+ rounds of major delays , its a game the play
long as a get a high quality M3 AND 7500 credit, I will live with this
but ALL folks ask me, I will tell them you have NO CLUE when you will get the car

Ah well. Other brands are no different.

I've heard someone from The Netherlands that wanted to purchase a Hyundai Kona EV that he could not make a test-drive before signing a purchase order. Delivery of the car would not be till mid 2019.

If you’re that concerned about the tax credit, perhaps you’re wanting the car for the wrong reason. Regardless, you should read about how the phaseout works so you’ll see there is little to worry about.

I'd like to disagree with statements like this. In my country we don't have the 7500$ benefit, but we have other incentives.
Let me be very clear: I could not afford my Model S without these incentives. I'm already stretching budget now.

So losing this incentive could very well mean someone will no longer be able to purchase the car.

If someone wants this car due to environmental benefits and is stretching his budget to get it, I dont see why that would fall into the 'wanting it for the wrong reasons' category.

They are playing games
Getting very very old, if I had another car I wanted I would say good buy
but, I want Model 3
but, the games they play give me a VERY bad taste

Dallas
None Tesla owner
April 1, 2016 10:30 AM CST
2 major delays
last window was May/June/July show on June 20th, 2018
Called them on June 20th, said Aug is getting close
They said, new big invites, should be able to order/config first week of July and get the car in 3 to 6 weeks

Got the invite EARLY "nice"
BUT
The delivery NOW is
Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18

This is BS BS BS BS

Not a Happy camper

This can be my first and last Tesla , do NOT like the games the play

Also, the web page did show 7500 credit

If I do not get this credit, I will claim fraud

I can "wait", but want/demand 7500 credit

I know he pushing the envelope, which is good, but does create harm even death at times

note my first e car
I leased I3 for my wife, she loved it, very funky car
lease was up, I found a very nice used car for $15k
The only con is the range, but for the city, very nice car
M3 is nicer , but you need to accept the BS Tesla plays, do not like it
not a way to run a Co
4+ rounds of major delays , its a game the play
long as a get a high quality M3 AND 7500 credit, I will live with this
but ALL folks ask me, I will tell them you have NO CLUE when you will get the car
Tesla doesn't give out the credit. The Federal Government Does.

The Federal Government is much easier to work with than Tesla. lol

I do feel it will work out, but the key for me is the 7500 credit
If I lose it, I will be very very upset and claim fraud since web site had 7500 credit
they play games to max $$$
but people can/will get harmed on this, ie lose $$$
I do not like to lose $$$

I will be a happy camper IF
I get full 7500 credit
AND
M3 is high quality

You have expected all along that since you were a day 2 reservation, that you may not get the federal credit. You hated it, but when you did the basic math, you knew things were really iffy.
Now remember, the fed credit doesn't go from 7500 to zero, there is some stepping down of the credit.

But most importantly, there are other cars out there. Sure you might want the Model 3, but life is real and sometime you just can't get what you want.

Look they may be a troll but they do have a point. I am also a May-July reservation holder who could finally configure last night with seemingly everyone else. I am also dissapointed, but not surprised, that it’s another 3-5 months. The lack of communication and constant delays do leave a bad taste in my mouth in the final months of waiting but I am concerned that 3-5 months in Elon time could push past Jan 1 and half my tax credit!

If you’re that concerned about the tax credit, perhaps you’re wanting the car for the wrong reason. Regardless, you should read about how the phaseout works so you’ll see there is little to worry about.

Do you even have the tax liability to take advantage of the full $7500 credit?

I hate that argument "if you are concerned about the tax credit perhaps you're wanting the car for the wrong reason". Tesla is a Multi-Billion Dollar company they have the intelligence to some degree accurately forecast their # of cars they will ship. I rather they be conservative and say 3750 so people wont be disappointed... but if on June 28, 2018 they say you're going to get 7500 if you configure today... I think that's a lie. You know it, I know it, and They know it...

• Disagree
Reactions: Zaphod
I hate that argument "if you are concerned about the tax credit perhaps you're wanting the car for the wrong reason". Tesla is a Multi-Billion Dollar company they have the intelligence to some degree accurately forecast their # of cars they will ship. I rather they be conservative and say 3750 so people wont be disappointed... but if on June 28, 2018 they say you're going to get 7500 if you configure today... I think that's a lie. You know it, I know it, and They know it...
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice."