Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay Delay Delay Delay BS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tax credit is not a guarantee or promise. It is just something that the Federal Government is allowing at the moment of publication. The government has the power to eliminate it or increase it at any time. Tesla has no control over who gets it and who does not. In Canada the latest election was for a guy that has stated he intends to eliminate that credit for his citizens.

Best way to be qualified for the current credit is to order as early as possible, and choose a configuration that will be produced the quickest.
Since so many people, like you, want to qualify for the credit I would imagine that a huge flood of orders will be coming in from people concerned that they might miss out.

Same thing with the estimates of fuel savings for a Tesla. If the price of gas goes up, the savings will be greater, if it goes down, the savings will be less. If you charge at Superchargers the savings will be greater. If you charge at home it will depend on how much you are paying for electricity. If you charge at pay for use chargers your savings will be less.

Just as the EPA estimates for fuel economy on an ICE vehicle are also not guarantees. If you drive like a crazy person your fuel economy will be less than estimated. If you use hypermiling techniques your mileage may be even greater. One guy just got over 600 miles of range out of his Model 3. Nobody gurantees that you will get as good a range on yours.

BigBillySr either didn't use corporal punishment or used too much of it. Still trying to analyze how someone with 300K tax liability would be that stressed about trying to reduce it by 7.5K when there are so many other means of doing so.

Fun to see all the people with more dollars than sense come out of the woodwork here.

Some of you are missing the OP's point. He is upset because Tesla prioritizes higher margin model 3 instead of building lower margin model 3 was scheduled to deliver. Because of the intentional delay from Tesla, he might not get the tax credit which does not matter what his tax liability was.

I'll be upset too if my performance model 3 which is scheduled to deliver in 3 months but Tesla changes the priority again to produce ludicrous model 3 and delay my delivery to next year.

Some of you are missing the OP's point. He is upset because Tesla prioritizes higher margin model 3 instead of building lower margin model 3 was scheduled to deliver. Because of the intentional delay from Tesla, he might not get the tax credit which does not matter what his tax liability was.

I'll be upset too if my performance model 3 which is scheduled to deliver in 3 months but Tesla changes the priority again to produce ludicrous model 3 and delay my delivery to next year.

If Tesla makes 120,000 Ludicrous Model 3s and sells them all you better cancel your car and buy 200 shares of TSLA right now.

Who cares about half tax credit when the car is free?

If Tesla makes 120,000 Ludicrous Model 3s and sells them all you better cancel your car and buy 200 shares of TSLA right now.

Who cares about half tax credit when the car is free?

Man, you are changing the subject...

But anyways, to your point, Ludicrous Model 3 will cost more than a S75D. if people reserved in Model 3 could afford a Ludicrous Model 3, they probably already drive a Tesla.

I do have more than 200 shares in TSLA. But again, that's not the point to most people who reserved a Model 3.

To your question, I still care about the tax credit and for half of the full amount, why don't I sell my TSLA and get a Porsche or Range Rover for free plus getting 6000+ tax credit?

That's not what I meant... The OP said he had 300k tax liability last year and people start heating up on that.

Honestly, the whole post was trash. There was a lot to pick apart there. If that person truly has a 300K tax liability, I suspect it's because he was the lucky sperm and inherited someone's company. None of anything he said instills confidence in me that he is a savvy businessman in any sense of the term.

They are playing games
Getting very very old, if I had another car I wanted I would say good buy
but, I want Model 3
but, the games they play give me a VERY bad taste

Dallas
None Tesla owner
April 1, 2016 10:30 AM CST
2 major delays
last window was May/June/July show on June 20th, 2018
Called them on June 20th, said Aug is getting close
They said, new big invites, should be able to order/config first week of July and get the car in 3 to 6 weeks

Got the invite EARLY "nice"
BUT
The delivery NOW is
Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18

This is BS BS BS BS

Not a Happy camper

This can be my first and last Tesla , do NOT like the games the play

Also, the web page did show 7500 credit

If I do not get this credit, I will claim fraud

I can "wait", but want/demand 7500 credit

I know he pushing the envelope, which is good, but does create harm even death at times

note my first e car
I leased I3 for my wife, she loved it, very funky car
lease was up, I found a very nice used car for $15k
The only con is the range, but for the city, very nice car
M3 is nicer , but you need to accept the BS Tesla plays, do not like it
not a way to run a Co
4+ rounds of major delays , its a game the play
long as a get a high quality M3 AND 7500 credit, I will live with this
but ALL folks ask me, I will tell them you have NO CLUE when you will get the car
Tesla frustrations
Worsen on delivery
Because Texas

Maybe I'm missing the point here.
So OP waits two years to get an invite - then when the invite arrives he doesn't order.
Then after being given the opportunity to order but not ordering, is complaining because Tesla didn't wait around for him?

Now almost EVERYONE in the US has got an invite and is ordering like crazy so all the dates have moved out.
Why is that a surprise?
Sounds more like self inflicted delay here.

People who:

A) Don't know what an "estimate" is

B) Are surprised when that estimate changes

C) Expect that Tesla in this stage of the game should not be doing all they can to reach profitability

seem to not be paying attention.

I order less than 24hrs of notice 6/28, also less than 72hrs after I called Tesla and they
said "I will get my invite 1st week of July and get the car in 3 to 6 weeks"
now order now wait Sep/Oct/Nov, 30 months wait , ugh

I fully understand why they are playing "games" to max out their $$, but this can hurt them over the long run for a short term gain
Since people do not like to get "played"
I'm not naive
I just do not like MAJOR changes of dates 4+ times plus the possibility of losing out on 7500
I want the model 3, I do not want model S, too big for me
I also do not want/need AWD or Performance version

IF I had "visibility". then I can make an informed choice, maybe opt for AWD if this was "best" for me

I can my a used model 3 cheaper if I do not get the 7500 credit

I also did not get AP, because I know the limits, I'm in the field of this tech, too much "stress" using it, if you need to be on the wheel and alert, whats the point ?
model 3 is a drivers car, so drive it

I had a mini cooper S and VW GTI, both had mods and very very fun to drive
I know model 3 will be more fun, it should be

last post on this until VIN

• Love
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I order less than 24hrs of notice 6/28, also less than 72hrs after I called Tesla and they

I fully understand why they are playing "games" to max out their $$, but this can hurt them over the long run for a short term gain
I'm not naive
I just do not like MAJOR changes of dates 4+ times plus the possibility of losing out on 7500

IF I had "visibility". then I can make an informed choice, maybe opt for AWD if this was "best" for me

I also did not get AP, because I know the limits, I'm in the field of this tech, too much "stress" using it, if you need to be on the wheel and alert, whats the point ?

good lord, you just chewed up our language and spit it into a dip cup, didn't you?

@BigBillyJr: Look, if your main concern is "losing out on the $7500", you need to understand that in most likelihood, Tesla will announce at the beginning of July that they have delivered their 200,00th EV. That is when the federal tax credit will START to phase out. For the 3rd quarter (July-Sept 2018) AND the 4th quarter (Oct-Dec 2018), the FULL tax credit is available. Then, starting in Jan 2019 until the end of June 2019, that credit gets REDUCED to $3,750. July to December 2019 it's reduced again to $1,875.

So, as long as your car is delivered before the end of this year, you'll be eligible for the full $7,500 credit, assuming that you will be owing that much to the Feds.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
To your question, I still care about the tax credit and for half of the full amount, why don't I sell my TSLA and get a Porsche or Range Rover for free plus getting 6000+ tax credit?

Because a Porsche and a Range Rover is not a Tesla?

My POS Volt got revved up and burned on by a Porsche Carrera yesterday.

See you in 2-4 months at the same intersection gashole!

I'm not naive

I read this post in Balki's voice. Was awesome.

balki-b.png

English is not my not my native tongue
Its 10010111010011100011110101

Hmm...that looks at first blush to be binary... but it can't be translated back to text because it is malformed :(. But not sure why you are (trying to be) mysterious about your first language.

I am sure most of us here who only just started to learn a second language would not write well in that language, either.

Might suggest just using Google Translate and pasting the results into here. It isn't perfect either, but probably would make for a little easier reading and perhaps make your points more understandable.