Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay registration till Sept UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have anyone successfully agreed with Tesla to delay the collection till sept to get the 69 plate? Or did they just say, "ok and will get back to you" ie we will give your car to somebody else and you will get the car when we get another one free.

I'd assume that if you don't want the car when it's ready, they'll give it to the next person in line. No sense having cars sitting around when there are many people eager to take delivery. There's only so much space at service centres.

I'd hope they'd just put you back in line to get the first car off the ship that meets your September requirement.

From what I've seen and I believe it is in the terms somewhere to, you have 7 days to collect from the date the provided to you, if you can't make it, then it will get passed to someone else in the queue, and then you will need to wait until you can match again.

Reactions: Roy W.
I phoned and asked exactly this question, the answer was very clear; just go ahead and order, when the delivery team contact you [if it's too early] just tell them you need a September delivery / registration.
If you haven't ordered the chances of getting September delivery is pretty small anyway, to get delivery before is very unlikely.

Just got this back looks like I've lost my car, I have sent back that i'd asked a question not made a request. If I have lost it then i will be making a request for my reservation and deposit to be refunded as I just cant be bothered anymore

Thank you for your email.

We have noted your delivery preference and will be matching you with a VIN that will be more in line with your request – please note your current Vin will be removed and re-allocated to align with the delivery timing offered.

Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with in the meantime,

Kind regards,

Just got this back looks like I've lost my car, I have sent back that i'd asked a question not made a request. If I have lost it then i will be making a request for my reservation and deposit to be refunded as I just cant be bothered anymore

We have noted your delivery preference and will be matching you with a VIN that will be more in line with your request – please note your current Vin will be removed and re-allocated to align with the delivery timing offered.

Kind regards,
Ouch! If it's gone its probably already been assigned to someone else.

Kind regards,

But I thought you couldn't take an August delivery? I'm not sure what you expected them to do?

I updated my order yesterday afternoon from a P- in black to P+ in white.
About 10 minutes later, I got the e-mail saying that my P- would be ready for delivery between 17th-24th August.
About 10 minutes after that, the VIN in my source code was gone, so they don't waste time in re-allocating cars.

It suits me to have a delay, as I'll get the 69 plate, and it gives me time to get my Zappi installed. Even though I've paid for the charger, it seems that demand has outstripped supply. I'm being told late September or October, so hopefully can get it before the car arrives.

Yes that right thats why I've now requested cancellation and asked for my £3000.00 back.

But, as @Peteski mentioned, what did you expect them to do? Deliveries should become more frequent and they'll likely assign you the first car that matches in the period you require. Did you want them to leave inventory sitting around waiting for you to be ready?

But, as @Peteski mentioned, what did you expect them to do? Deliveries should become more frequent and they'll likely assign you the first car that matches in the period you require. Did you want them to leave inventory sitting around waiting for you to be ready?
YES, I would have hoped they could be a little flexible i was willing to pay for it as it a cash purchase and it could have been registered with any plate as i would have put my personal one on straight away.

Seems a bit drastic considering they appeared to be trying to get you a car for the delivery date you actually wanted. But I can understand the frustration. So what are you ordering instead?
I have been a Range Rover Vogue Customer for years and to be honest its my favourite but I fancied a car and I was going to buy the Mod S but thought I would try the 3. Just had i missed call from Tesla so i do wonder?

I have been a Range Rover Vogue Customer for years and to be honest its my favourite but I fancied a car and I was going to buy the Mod S but thought I would try the 3. Just had i missed call from Tesla so i do wonder?

I'm surprised you haven't considered a Model X coming from a RR. Drives more like a big car, but with SUV practicality. Feels a bit more premium inside than Model S too, especially with the panoramic windscreen. Model 3 obviously quite a different size class.