Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mid Nov with expectation of Jan-Mar. Just got a VIN. This pisses me off. PF428. Going to reject. I don’t want it until next year. Have to sell my model S. I hate they did this. Black Tax Edition.
No doubt. Tesla is out of it's mind to manufacture a 2023 car even on mid December 2023. Looks like they are giving out black tax edition. Lucky I didn't order black even though I ordered earlier than you. I will definitely put a hold and wait for 2024 VIN if i were you. If they still give you another 2023 after 2 weeks. Cancel the order. Most likely i will cancel my order if 2024 doesn't include the RGB and front camera yet. Will wait until Xs equipped with those then I will reorder

Looks like they are giving out black tax edition
Source? My friend and I both ordered on 10/10 for black model x tax edition and none of us have received the vin yet.
This morning Tesla began to let me edit design, which means I can still change to any other colors/ specs atm. They are not letting us take delivery earlier than others because we chose black.

The reason he got a VIN all of a sudden can goes to someone near him rejected to take delivery.

Last edited:
Finally taking delivery tomorrow but stopped by tonight to sneak a peek in the lot. The top of the doors had this part exposed like the trim piece wasn't horizontally aligned. It was different from the other X adjacent when compared.
Thoughts on what this is/ how simple of a fix? I wonder if it is a water path.
PXL_20231216_031539966~2.jpg

Finally taking delivery tomorrow but stopped by tonight to sneak a peek in the lot. The top of the doors had this part exposed like the trim piece wasn't horizontally aligned. It was different from the other X adjacent when compared.
Thoughts on what this is/ how simple of a fix? I wonder if it is a water path.View attachment 999873

It's within spec. You take what you can get at this point, or just have to wait until next year. It looks like the door is also misaligned (you can see a slight elevation.) This is also within spec. It's rare to achieve perfection on a Model X. There's also more of a gap on above the bright trim on the left side compared to the right, which is also common in all Tesla Model X's.

In fact, give me any Model X that people on here are saying that it's perfect, and I'll point out all its flaws that people don't really see. Don't trust people when they say their Model X is perfect, because it isn't. They're just not looking hard enough. People are blinded by the newness of the vehicle, and will kind of just overlook things and say they're perfect as long as there's no significant huge gaps, or leaks.

I've seen enough Model X's on here and have found flaws in pretty much every single picture that was posted on here after delivery. I just don't comment on all of them.

My advice: If none of these flaws bother you or functional wise, there's no issue (ie, no leaks) I wouldn't worry about it. It'll be impossible to find a unicorn X.

Last edited:
Do any of these new X's have a front camera?
As repeated many times in this thread, no there is still no front camera, and still no ambient LED strip lighting.

It'll unlikely happen for the next several months until the orders die down and Tesla is able to catch up to demand on the Model X. No point in changing their manufacturing process when demand is high.

The Model X/S is already low priorty for Tesla, and only SHARE a production line. It took FOREVER to even get Matrix lighting, when it was already established in Model Y for quite a few years already.

12/16 at 8;00 am received vin # PF 427.... Red with 5 seat poverty.
Had to approve:

"Your model X will NOT include ultrasonic sensors and instead will rely on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and FSD capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. Some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Autopart, Summon, Smart Summon, and FSD. In the future your vehicle will receive access to those features via over the air software updates"

Now on to the next step.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
12/16 at 8;00 am received vin # PF 427.... Red with 5 seat poverty.
Had to approve:

"Your model X will NOT include ultrasonic sensors ... Some features will be temporarily limited or inactive at delivery including Autopart, Summon, Smart Summon, and FSD. In the future your vehicle will receive access to those features via over the air software updates"

Now on to the next step.
I thought from this thread, people saying that FSD on the 2023 MX, WAS in fact functioning.

No doubt. Tesla is out of it's mind to manufacture a 2023 car even on mid December 2023. Looks like they are giving out black tax edition. Lucky I didn't order black even though I ordered earlier than you. I will definitely put a hold and wait for 2024 VIN if i were you. If they still give you another 2023 after 2 weeks. Cancel the order. Most likely i will cancel my order if 2024 doesn't include the RGB and front camera yet. Will wait until Xs equipped with those then I will reorder
Exactly. I’ll eat the $250. Depreciation on an equivalent 2023 model will be more than that.

Honestly, thinking about waiting until the get the automatic doors figured out before I order.

It irks me that they give you an estimated date, change it then threaten to cancel and keep your $250. Making my view of Tesla go down. Might not be a loyal customer forever.

Reactions: StevenSD
I happily got the message, this morning, to schedule my delivery. This was about 6 days from my VIN assignment on December 9th.

I'm scheduled to take delivery on December 20th.

It seems weird that on my App it STILL shows that "Trade-in Offer Pending" and it says that "we'll reach out to you when offer is ready."

I'm not concerned since I'm planning on selling my 2016 Privately. But isn't it strange that from OD of September 30th, I've never had a Trade in offer, only that above message.

I'm a little nervous about my FSD TRANSFER from my 2016 MX to my 2023 MXLR. I have multiple documentations from my SA that FSD TRANSFER shows on my Account, from what he sees on his Back End, but nothing on my App specifies this.

For anyone who has taken delivery recently and qualified for the FSD TRANSFER, what has your experience been? I would Appreciate some incite from you all.
I took delivery last Wednesday FUSC transferred smoothly within the hour of delivery. I did text Tesla in my communications about the delivery and they confirmed I had "accepted" the transfer and was good to go.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
It's within spec. You take what you can get at this point, or just have to wait until next year. It looks like the door is also misaligned (you can see a slight elevation.) This is also within spec. It's rare to achieve perfection on a Model X. There's also more of a gap on above the bright trim on the left side compared to the right, which is also common in all Tesla Model X's.

In fact, give me any Model X that people on here are saying that it's perfect, and I'll point out all its flaws that people don't really see. Don't trust people when they say their Model X is perfect, because it isn't. They're just not looking hard enough. People are blinded by the newness of the vehicle, and will kind of just overlook things and say they're perfect as long as there's no significant huge gaps, or leaks.

I've seen enough Model X's on here and have found flaws in pretty much every single picture that was posted on here after delivery. I just don't comment on all of them.

My advice: If none of these flaws bother you or functional wise, there's no issue (ie, no leaks) I wouldn't worry about it. It'll be impossible to find a unicorn X.
A flaw is a flaw if it bothers the purchaser, and doesn't work as intended. I just can't understand why they can't get their game up. The typical excuse that we are a new company is just stupid now.

Thoughts on what this is/ how simple of a fix? I wonder if it is a water path.View attachment 999873

That looks like a gasket end cap that needs to be pushed in. Have them correct it before or during pickup. I took a look at mine and it is pushed in. Your doors are aligned about the same as mine.

Reactions: Potterton