Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good question. I ordered several days ago and the eta is just what’s on the website- sep-oct. I’m doing the fsd transfer so I assume they will either meet their own deadline or extend it. Delivering by eoq has to be a big priority but they can only fulfill so many orders in the next ~ 3 weeks. There is inventory available in other colors but I’m waiting for a custom build at this point.

Others who’ve ordered since the price cut, please report your eta.

I ordered a white exterior/black interior, 5 seat, 20" wheels, round steering wheel long range on 9/1 and received a VIN today. My delivery date is Saturday 9/9 in Burbank, CA. I am hoping it will have the new matrix headlights. I saw a grey one on Saturday at Buena Park with CA temporary tags that looked like it was being delivered that day and it had the old headlights.

Reactions: CleanDemon
I ordered a white exterior/black interior, 5 seat, 20" wheels, round steering wheel long range on 9/1 and received a VIN today. My delivery date is Saturday 9/9 in Burbank, CA. I am hoping it will have the new matrix headlights. I saw a grey one on Saturday at Buena Park with CA temporary tags that looked like it was being delivered that day and it had the old headlights.
I think they switched to matrix over the last few months and most of the new ones I saw on the lot recently had them. One salesman told me they all have matrix now but another said the factory sometimes runs out and installs the old ones. Ymmv I guess.

Ordered an LR Ultra Red, 20" wheels, steering wheel, 5 seats on 9/1 still waiting for VIN in NYC. Current ETA is "Sep - Oct".

If I don't get the car by Sept 30th for the FSD transfer, I'm cancelling my order. Sales Advisor said it's going to be really close — hope it works out!!

I got this message this morning. :). I asked them to confirm if my VIN has the matrix headlights, if so I hope to take delivery later today or tomorrow.

Your Model X is on-site! If you are able to complete the remaining pre-delivery tasks in your Tesla Account today and you would prefer to take delivery of your Model X sooner than your currently scheduled appointment on 9/9, please take this opportunity to schedule a new appointment here:

I got this message this morning. :). I asked them to confirm if my VIN has the matrix headlights, if so I hope to take delivery later today or tomorrow.

Your Model X is on-site! If you are able to complete the remaining pre-delivery tasks in your Tesla Account today and you would prefer to take delivery of your Model X sooner than your currently scheduled appointment on 9/9, please take this opportunity to schedule a new appointment here:
Any reply from them regarding the Matrix lights??

Looks like current delivery estimate if you placed the order today is October-November. My reservation is still showing September - October.

IMG_7622.jpeg

Reactions: NJturtlePower
I also ordered mine on 9/1 gray and no options to qualify for 7500 rebate no news yet only have the sep/oct deadline wich im also hoping i get since im planning on transferring fsd from my 17 Model S. If i cant transfer idk if i will cancel or not still a great deal. Imo
Im in IL btw

i placed order the night of price drop.
WA seattle area, got vin saturday morning, and delivery scheduled for tomorrow.
the graphics of car being delivered in the app shows matrix headlight, but i fully plan to reject it if it doesn't have matrix headlight, or has anything that's not close to perfect
Let us know how it went and if it has the matrix headlights? I still gotta see what the big deal is lol

Let us know how it went and if it has the matrix headlights? I still gotta see what the big deal is lol
i got the car. it got the matrix headlights
some distortion on windshield, larger gap between FWD and c pillar, not sure if it's normal since both side has similar gap.
passenger side FWD interior trim has some misalignments
rear passenger claims that sound level at back is pretty low even after I adjusted balance. don't know if it's by design or not.
Otherwise it's pretty good overall, definitely better than I expected.

now if my wife can magically stop hating on it my life would be perfect.

(her: It doesn't come with charging cable? glove box can only be opened from screen? you can't even turn off passenger air vent? how come I have to press multiple times to get my door to open? you can't lock the door from rear seats? why doesn't it have creep mode? why can't it adjust regen breaking? it's such an ugly car, especially on red; it's not even quiet and ride good; still too expensive with tax and everything considered. I can only imagine her frustration goes on the longer we live with the car.. )

Placed order 9/3: base for tax credit eligibility. Originally Sept-Oct delivery, just bumped to Oct-Nov this morning….
Your comment made me go look at my order and I've been bumped back too.

Order placed 9/1 and now I'm worried about the full self driving transfer. Not sure my partner is going to be as supportive of this without that.

Anyone heard from their SA if Tesla will still honor the transfer?

Just checked my Tesla app, my delivery just bumped to Oct-Nov too.
I'm fine with it as long as I'm still getting the Yoke for 250 and 1k referral discount.
I'm hoping for 2024 models with upgrades I would like to see.
We know Matrix is already here since July's builds. I want to see the V2 Yoke. Front bumper camera. (360 view )
Wishful thinking but, steer by wire for the yoke.

Reactions: NJturtlePower