Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These cameras and ambient lighting - weren’t hey coming on March 1st? I don’t understand this game, if they are so important why just not wait and order quarter end when it’ll be clear if real or a rumor and don’t play this cancellation game trying to time a vaporware feature.
There was nothing stated as 'coming' and Tesla has not acknowledged it. The far more concrete rumors started on 2/28-2/29. I agree, the cancelation game is no fun for anyone with a pending delivery, but given Tesla's business model of feature changes months after a new model year, they put their customers in this situation. Accepting delivery of a MX / MS days/weeks after a change on the same model year instantly depreciates the car prior to even driving it. They should not implement fairly significant changes (mostly the camera) in the middle of a model year. Making these features on 2025 and newer makes more sense if supply chain issues kept them from happening at the start of 2024. Or at least offer customers who spent their hard-earned money on a 2024 an option to retrofit these features. From a few posts/videos, the wiring seems to already be in place (this may happen, but many folks do not want to take that risk).

Reactions: dmark1021
These cameras and ambient lighting - weren’t hey coming on March 1st? I don’t understand this game, if they are so important why just not wait and order quarter end when it’ll be clear if real or a rumor and don’t play this cancellation game trying to time a vaporware feature.
Does anyone know where I can find a build date other than on the car? VIN says it’s a 24, but curious of course.

For some of us, because FSD and FUSC transfer are both only valid for vehicles delivered by 3/31/24. So ordering at the end of the quarter, unless there's an inventory model available at that time, would negate that transfer.

Just got my VIN! Tax edition. Ordered 2/9 (earlier today said 3/21-4/25 EDD)....New EDD after getting VIN tonight is 3/17-3/21. Phew! Transferring both FSD and FUSC...so I was sweating it. Hoping it has front camera and ambient lighting...but even if it doesn't, it is worth it to transfer FSD and FUSC.
Wow! You ordered a day earlier than I did. Mine still showing 3/8-4/12, no VIN yet.

Just got my VIN! Tax edition. Ordered 2/9 (earlier today said 3/21-4/25 EDD)....New EDD after getting VIN tonight is 3/17-3/21. Phew! Transferring both FSD and FUSC...so I was sweating it. Hoping it has front camera and ambient lighting...but even if it doesn't, it is worth it to transfer FSD and FUSC.
Looks like we got the same batch! May need to compare notes in the future haha

Reactions: Jester~
Just got my VIN as well; ordered tax edition w/ CT bonus and FUSC / FSD transfer on 2/5 and EDD is 3/18-3/25.