Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
October 5, 2016

There is a deep scratch on my brand new Model S that occurred during the delivery process. The crew at Tesla cleaning the car for delivery noticed it. This was pointed out to me and they said they will be fixing it by replacing the windshield.

My question is can they replace the windshield at the service center so it is as good as the factory installation?

I signed off on the car before this was pointed out to me. Do I have other options?

October 5, 2016

There is a deep scratch on my brand new Model S that occurred during the delivery process. The crew at Tesla cleaning the car for delivery noticed it. This was pointed out to me and they said they will be fixing it by replacing the windshield.

My question is can they replace the windshield at the service center so it is as good as the factory installation?

I signed off on the car before this was pointed out to me. Do I have other options?
Windshields are very easy to replace. No issues there.

Well, as someone who is waiting for their Tesla to arrive -- 1. I am super happy that Tesla actually pointed it out to you -- shows their commitment to customer service and the product they stand behind. and 2. Any tips on what to check for when my special day arrives... any questions to ask etc...

I was told by an installer that you should let the car sit for 24 hours when a new windshield is installed. This allows the glue to set firmly and eliminates any potential issues for cowl shake. Don't know if it's true, but seems to make sense. I've always done it when replacing a windshield.