Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
August 17!!

LOL. When did you confirm your car and when did it go into production? My car was confirmed on July 17th, but is supposed to go into production any day now. I haven't received that email yet. My DS is estimating mid-late August delivery for me, although My Tesla is saying now (late July-early August). I know that's obviously wrong.

I confirmed in july 14 and not even in production for my S60.
As per DS it will go in production next week. It really sucks to see so much delay. Looks like they are shifting mote production towards model X and delaying modelS deliveries.
You are very lucky to get delivery in 4 weeks.

Yeah, that's what I think too. Tesla still has to get through the waitlist for the Model X. But, I do think location matters too, as I'm in Fremont/the Bay Area.

Good news is that I got an email this morning that my S60 went into production! I ordered on July 9. Order was confirmed with a VIN on July 17. My DS originally told me I should expect delivery for late August-early September, but she updated me last week that I'm scheduled for mid-late August now. My VIN is 152XXX. I should expect another call from her soon with a more definite delivery date. I have things going around that time, so I need to plan everything out.

Yeah, that's what I think too. Tesla still has to get through the waitlist for the Model X. But, I do think location matters too, as I'm in Fremont/the Bay Area.

Good news is that I got an email this morning that my S60 went into production! I ordered on July 9. Order was confirmed with a VIN on July 17. My DS originally told me I should expect delivery for late August-early September, but she updated me last week that I'm scheduled for mid-late August now. My VIN is 152XXX. I should expect another call from her soon with a more definite delivery date. I have things going around that time, so I need to plan everything out.

Congrats - Hopefully, I will hear something shortly.

My MS order was confirmed on July 31st and my VIN is 154XXX. I wonder how far back I am in the queue.. :(

I think location is a factor for you (Philadelphia) and Carlh76 (Hawaii), because there's the extra time of transporting the car and probably inspecting/cleaning the car at your local service center. Speaking of that, I pass the Tesla factory every day going back home. I just saw a transport truck taking 4 Model S's out somewhere on Monday. That'll hopefully be one of yours soon. :)

Reactions: Mknac
Have you begin production or did you get this window before production began?

I got the email notification from Tesla that my car had entered production on Wednesday morning, but My Tesla still showed a general late July-early August estimated delivery. My DS sent an email later on Wednesday, saying it takes about 2 weeks for the car to be made within a 3rd and final week for the final pre-delivery inspections.

Now, I just logged in again, and My Tesla shows my delivery date of August 7-14. That's a much narrower and shorter time frame. I emailed my DS to give me a status update of what the real date is. That's freakin next week! I still have my other car until August 10 and my garage isn't totally clear yet.

Sorry for the multiple responses, but I just got off the phone with my DS. My car is almost ready and is in final inspections today! It'll be ready for pick up as early next Wednesday (August 10). That was very quick! I'm honestly shocked!!