Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Hobiemon,
Was that you who said hi to me while I was signing my paper work with Hans? Your green looked nice too! you sure sounded happy about the vehicle!

Stenkb, your Roadster was parked nicely and looked like it was being treated well. It must have been hard to let it go! That is strange about the trade...?? I won't ask...

Since so many of you asked - here's the info. 2 years ago my Roadster was scraped up while parked by another vehicle backing up too close to it. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/5293-6-months-to-repair-Roadster
My car was then shipped to Tesla to repair my car. Everything that was scraped on the car was replaced with NEW panels painted and reinstalled. Fast forward to today and Tesla now refuses to trade in my Roadster because somehow the repairs they made were good enough for the customer but not good enough for them? Seems odd.

New post on this here
Tesla Refuses Model S - Roadster Trade-In

Last edited:
Vin 6360 hit home yesterday. Took delivery at the Laval Service Center. Great job by Alex. All went super well. I won't rub it in with all my impressions on the car but 3 things:

1) I'm not used to that much technology and luxury. I really felt like I was driving a piece of art. A mindshift will have to operate here because it's a car not a trinket and yes it will get dirty and wear over the years so better get use to it. When Alex removed the cover (to protect it from dust), it was just WOW!!! The car is awefully hot and the Blue is striking to say the least. I don't regret my color choice. But I have to get use to finger print ;-)

2) Regen.... The biggest learning for me. Getting used to that much breaking without touching the brake is a paradigm shift for sure. The first couple of times I lifted the accelarator pedal way too early. After maybe 10 stops I started to gage my distance and same thing for turns. Now I need to get use to it on highway. I find my speed to be highly variable compare to an ICE. Let me explain. Acceleration on this car is phenomenal so getting to 120km/h from say 60 is so easy and then lifting the pedal gets you from 120 to 90 really quickly. Simple learning but you need to experience it to know what it's like.

3) My plate... M19 VEB (reminder that we can't chose our plate number in Quebec). Maybe I spent too much time on the forums but M19, M for Model S and S is the 19th letter of the alphabet... VEB, VE is EV in French and B fits well with my last name. Nice touch. And Tesla had received nice chrome plate covers in the morning. Alex said I was the first getting them. Not sure if that's true.

Spotted on Hwy 91 a couple of days ago.

Delta-20130320-00311.jpg

Interesting that the handles on the rearmost white S are extended...

- - - Updated - - -

Vin 6360 hit home yesterday. Took delivery at the Laval Service Center. Great job by Alex. All went super well. I won't rub it in with all my impressions on the car but 3 things:

1) I'm not used to that much technology and luxury. I really felt like I was driving a piece of art. A mindshift will have to operate here because it's a car not a trinket and yes it will get dirty and wear over the years so better get use to it. When Alex removed the cover (to protect it from dust), it was just WOW!!! The car is awefully hot and the Blue is striking to say the least. I don't regret my color choice. But I have to get use to finger print ;-)

2) Regen.... The biggest learning for me. Getting used to that much breaking without touching the brake is a paradigm shift for sure. The first couple of times I lifted the accelarator pedal way too early. After maybe 10 stops I started to gage my distance and same thing for turns. Now I need to get use to it on highway. I find my speed to be highly variable compare to an ICE. Let me explain. Acceleration on this car is phenomenal so getting to 120km/h from say 60 is so easy and then lifting the pedal gets you from 120 to 90 really quickly. Simple learning but you need to experience it to know what it's like.

3) My plate... M19 VEB (reminder that we can't chose our plate number in Quebec). Maybe I spent too much time on the forums but M19, M for Model S and S is the 19th letter of the alphabet... VEB, VE is EV in French and B fits well with my last name. Nice touch. And Tesla had received nice chrome plate covers in the morning. Alex said I was the first getting them. Not sure if that's true.

PB, I think I saw you today!

I was driving my inlaws to the airport going down Cavendish and saw the telltale lights of a (still very clean) blue S turning onto Poirier in my direction. Couldn't stop to wave, the light turned green...

PB, I think I saw you today!

I was driving my inlaws to the airport going down Cavendish and saw the telltale lights of a (still very clean) blue S turning onto Poirier in my direction. Couldn't stop to wave, the light turned green...

It was me. I saw you too (I thought yours was grey... it seemed black to me... thought it was Agileone). I was tempted to follow you and say hi but the red light ended up being super long and decided to continue straight on Poirier. First ski day today, most likely it will get super dirty. I scanned the forums for how to wash it.

It was me. I saw you too (I thought yours was grey... it seemed black to me... thought it was Agileone). I was tempted to follow you and say hi but the red light ended up being super long and decided to continue straight on Poirier. First ski day today, most likely it will get super dirty. I scanned the forums for how to wash it.

It is grey... :redface:

Let's just say the S is a dust / slpash magnet, especially the back end of the car.

After I ran errands I had it cleaned at the Marcel-Laurin / Côte-Vertu Ultramar, they have a brand new touchless car wash.

It's far from perfect (the lower part of the front doors always stay dirty, for example), but does take the bulk of the dirt off the car.

It is grey... :redface:

Let's just say the S is a dust / slpash magnet, especially the back end of the car.

After I ran errands I had it cleaned at the Marcel-Laurin / Côte-Vertu Ultramar, they have a brand new touchless car wash.

It's far from perfect (the lower part of the front doors always stay dirty, for example), but does take the bulk of the dirt off the car.

:redface: I was a bit far that must be why I thought it was black + dust. Mine is now covered with dust/splashes... Passed by the Canadian Tire to buy cleaning products (towels, microfiber glove, soap,... based on the few random comments I saw on the forums - I haven't found a Tesla recommended method to wash the car. I am a bit obsessed since Alex mentioned that the car shoud be washed with touchless without too much pressure. I'm left with very few alternatives.

PS we should all meet in 2-3 weeks at Orange Julep like we said. Agileone, you, Toto, Zax123 and maybe sly if he is passing by. Will PM after Easter weekend when warmer spring days come

Be a bit careful at first - I think it takes a while for the paint to completely harden. Most cars are sitting around for several months before they are delivered, so their paint has completely hardened. But Teslas are delivered so quickly that I think their paint is still a little soft at first.

:redface: I was a bit far that must be why I thought it was black + dust. Mine is now covered with dust/splashes... Passed by the Canadian Tire to buy cleaning products (towels, microfiber glove, soap,... based on the few random comments I saw on the forums - I haven't found a Tesla recommended method to wash the car. I am a bit obsessed since Alex mentioned that the car shoud be washed with touchless without too much pressure. I'm left with very few alternatives.

PS we should all meet in 2-3 weeks at Orange Julep like we said. Agileone, you, Toto, Zax123 and maybe sly if he is passing by. Will PM after Easter weekend when warmer spring days come

Let us know on what day you guys plan on meeting at Julep; I'm dying to see these cars on person. Saw a white one on the 20 the other day, it's so nice!! Maybe I will convince the girlfriend...

First of all, Pat (pbrulott), congrats for finally getting your awesomemobile! It truly is a work of art, and a joy to drive every time you get in. I find myself peeking into the garage every now and then just to say hi, it's pathetic!!

I took my car on the first "road trip" to the Eastern Townships this weekend. It was awesome. Averaged 220 Wh/km which was the lowest I've had. Still had heating at 21C and was playing music and cruising around 115km/hr. When I got to my destination (my mom's place), I still had lots of charge but she has a NEMA 6-50 in her garage for a welder, so I plugged in anyway. Worked like a charm at 40A.

As for cleaning, I actually washed my car twice yesterday. :p Once before going on the road trip and again when I got back. I use plain old Canadian Tire car wash soap and a big mitt without much pressure. I'm sure there are better ways to wash the car, and I'll read about it soon.

Still looking forward to a meet at the Julep! I'm heading to the Laval SC on Tuesday night to have the new vents installed and I'll have them install my summer wheels. Can't wait to see her with 21" of awesomeness.

Happy driving to all!

Rob.

I just picked up my 60 yesterday in Toronto and it is amazing! I bet I am the only shmuck here that can say they picked one with a dog in tow. Long story, but it was funny to see a hyper dog among over what I'm sure was a couple of million dollars worth of cars in that Mississauga warehouse. I held that leash extra tight, I'll tell you that!

Quick first impressions:

- Driving Experience - What more can you say that hasn't been said here? Smooth as butter and like nothing I've ever seen before.
- Dash - Mind blowing. I'm a software guy and the interface totally kicks ass. Not overbearing at all with the large screen. Perfect way to communicate information and keep the feedback loop going that will get me better and better at driving EV-style.
- Kids Seats - We put the 8 and 6 year-olds in them right away, and they loved it. They started playing a game of trying to duck when people would see them back there.
- App - I'm running BB10 and my wife is on iPhone. Both are great and they really add to the feedback loop and make you feel like you've entered the next dimension. I look forward to the day that the app allows you to dig deep into details like trip stats, comparatives, etc. It would be great to be able to dig through some data from past trips using my phone, when I'm not actually in the car. This would help me learn even more.
- Interior - Perhaps my one regret is Lacewood. I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking when I signed up for this, but Lacewood is like having Trex lining the inside of your car. Like having your plastic deck boards strapped across your dash. D'oh! I'll be able to laugh it off, as the rest of the car is so amazing.
- Charging - It turned out that our 240 wasn't ready as planned for the car yesterday, so I had to charge using 110 last night. Far as I could tell, it worked perfectly! (ie as expected at around 5 km per hour). I'm not sure why this surprised me so much, but given it was still pretty cold last night, and all the hand-wringing we have about cold weather charging, it was impressive. The car was in an unheated garage, so that must have helped a bit, but still it was cold.
- Dog - Okay...I'll bring up the dog again to note that we put the two kids AND the dog in the trunk and it actually worked out quite well with her sitting in the footwell area. They sure seem to love having her back there, but we'll have to try a few longer trips to see how that plays out.

Congratulations to Tesla TO, and Tesla everywhere, for making a superior product and a very modern customer service experience. - Dave

Thanks zax123...btw I do the same, go check the car from time to time. The only thing is that my alarm system beep every time I open the door so my wife knows I'm pathetic. :wink:

I read on the "Two buckets method" and also read "Handwash your car like a pro" method with Mothers on the web. They basically use 2 buckets 1) Soapy clean bucket and a 2) rinse bucket where you rinse your microfiber glove. They also use a really absorbant drying towel (no scrubbing) just spread/apply and peel the towel. + Wax at least every year or when the water doesn't pearl anymore. Know we are far from Delivery dates for car but the intent is to share quick and useful info.

NB We should shoot for a nice afternoon in April for the Julep meeting, say 6th or 13th in the afternoon. Let's connect next week

Well, I've FINALLY been blessed with the tesla grin. I picked up my beautiful black P85 in Laval last Wednesday (March 27th). I put my reservation in November 5th, 2012 and time slowed to a crawl for 143 days! The service centre in Laval is undergoing some pretty substantial construction so unfortunately Alex did what he could to wash the car, but was still pretty dust covered when I picked her up :( I was really hoping for a nice sparkling car.

My mother was nice enough to take the train from Ottawa with me, so we drove back along the 40 to the 417 at a mean 95 km/h with little HVAC and heated seats on 2! The car was mildly chilly, but I told my mom to suck it up until I had a couple drives under my belt to get used to the power readings.

The car is unbelievable! I feel like such a tool with this stupid grin on my face. It's permanent and I can't get rid of it when I'm driving. The performance is INSANE! When talking about it, I tell people it's like the Hulk ride at Universal Studios .. getting shot out a tunnel. I've been yelled at by my wife that I need to seriously warn people before stomping on the accelerator.

I've given 9 test drives since possession, made 1 person slightly ill, have added 1 unconfirmed reservation, and have the guided tour of the car pretty much down pat.

A few notes:
Driving back from Montreal, I noticed a pretty cold air draft coming from the small driver/passenger window triangle right behind the A pillar. I assume this is normal, because it was the exact same on both sides and the seal didn't seem abnormal.
The drivers side wiper fluid spray kinda mists instead of streams and doesn't point at the windshield (more in front of). will see if I can adjust myself
The hood panel has an edge that sticks out a bit by the front right headlight assembly (not completely flush). I mentioned it to service, but not sure what they can do about it.
When I hit about 120 km/h, the sunroof sounds like it has a LOT of wind drag.. to the point that it sounds like it's opened a bit.. but it's not
I notice the same issues as mknox with the right blinker seeming erratic (the green background of the turning indicator flips on and off with the arrow unlike the left blinker, and the timing is erratic)
Also the preheating of the car is not pulled from shore power, regardless if the car is locked or unlocked. (I'm running firmware 4.2)
There is a SUBSTANTIAL gouge out of the obeche wood trim on the right side of the dash. I took a pick and fired it off to service as well. I'm guessing they'll have to replace that wood panel.

All minor issues that I imagine will easily get fixed through service and/or software updates.

All those in Ottawa, I'd love to meet up at some point to chat about your experiences in person and get some tip tricks with your cars!

Congratulations on the sweet ride!

I don't think you needed to drive at 95 kph from Laval... if you had a full Standard charge you could have just blasted along. Especially at the relatively mild late March temperatures.

Also don't bother turning the cabin temperature down. Just turn on the Range Mode to limit HVAC power, and drive in comfort. It's far more effective to slow down a few kph than to freeze your butt. Absolutely do use the seat heaters, though!

You shouldn't have noise from the pano at 120 kph. The right blinker thing should be fixed by an update to 4.3, assuming your car doesn't have it yet.

Preheating should draw shore power, but only if you start it from the App, and for me it worked on 4.2 (don't know why, but it doesn't seem to work for some people).

For sure, it would be fun to have an Ottawa Tesla meet. By my count the number of cars is well into the teens.