Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Delay - 2014 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else with air suspension, ordering around my timeframe is experiencing this kind of production delay. Be nice to pin it down to one thing and quantify the excess amount of time a specific option might add to production. With nearly all things being equal, this is as good a case as any to use as point of reference for future buyers.

My vehicle (VIN 56107) has air suspension and leather seats confirmed 8/10, started production on 9/16 scheduled for delivery 9/24 in Seattle. The more I read this forum the more sure I am that some configurations are delayed by parts for certain options but we simply don't have enough information to determine which options.

I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else with air suspension, ordering around my timeframe is experiencing this kind of production delay. Be nice to pin it down to one thing and quantify the excess amount of time a specific option might add to production. With nearly all things being equal, this is as good a case as any to use as point of reference for future buyers.

My order confirmed May 24th, has air suspension, went into production 05 September, finished building 10 September (and delivered to east coast TODAY!), so air suspension alone wouldn't be the issue. (And I went through production faster than lots of people who took 7+ days!) Good luck with the last portion of your wait. In some ways it's the hardest! (At least it was for me.) But, once you get your car it'll all melt away and you'll know it was worth it. Fingers crossed for you!

VIN 498xx 2-3 days to build, build completed Friday, Pickup in Dallas SC on the following Wednesday. First time I have driven a MS. Wow what a "rocket". No issues all is GREAT! Original delivery date 9/4. Actual date 9/17.
SC rocks they are receiving 23 cars before the end of the month. They took all time I needed to understand the MS.

Last edited:
My vehicle (VIN 56107) has air suspension and leather seats confirmed 8/10, started production on 9/16 scheduled for delivery 9/24 in Seattle. The more I read this forum the more sure I am that some configurations are delayed by parts for certain options but we simply don't have enough information to determine which options.

Breser, that's an incredibly quick turnaround time for any kind of order it seems.

As as for me, it looks like I hit production on the 19th. Could be the cloth seats delayed me, everyone else seems to have leather. I blame the dog for that one, her nails would tear up the leather.

Breser, that's an incredibly quick turnaround time for any kind of order it seems.

As as for me, it looks like I hit production on the 19th. Could be the cloth seats delayed me, everyone else seems to have leather. I blame the dog for that one, her nails would tear up the leather.

I got the cloth seats (and LOVE them btw, and also received compliments from some friends who say they're the best cloth seats they've ever seen). My car spent 5 days in production, was delivered to me on the east coast 9 days after finishing production.

I got the cloth seats (and LOVE them btw, and also received compliments from some friends who say they're the best cloth seats they've ever seen). My car spent 5 days in production, was delivered to me on the east coast 9 days after finishing production.

Hey man can you post pics of the cloth seats?? Very curious about them because I was back and forth on the leather...

My Dashboard sequence was:

(1) Sourcing Parts (Ordered May 10)
(2) In Production (Aug 29) Original delivery date Aug 28.
(3) Production Complete (Sep 4)
(4) Then page showed the final pricing (Delivery Sep 11)

48590 - S85, pearl white, non-pano, gray seats, tech, air susp, park sensors

You get much better info/timing from your DS than the Dashboard. When I first saw (3) on-line, DS texted me later that day that car was actually in transit.
(4) Don't click taking delivery until your DS says so!

Should I be getting nervous? I've been "In Production" for about a week now. I had a specific delivery date in my dashboard (a delayed date of tomorrow, but always told my DS I would be picking up this Friday), but a few days ago it reverted back to "Late September".

I emailed my DS last week and he said it was possible it would be completed by Sept. 18 and it was "very reasonable to expect delivery" by this Friday. Haven't heard from them since, but will call tomorrow morning before I leave for my trip.

I'm returning through Austin from a work trip so if it's not at the Austin SC ready for pick up by this Saturday, I'm out an expensive last minute plane ticket home (either a new ticket from Austin or a change fee on my Friday flight).

The dashboard changing to "Late September" has me really uneasy, but I'm hoping what others have said is true in my case and my car is actually on a truck bound for Austin already and my dashboard just hasn't been updated.

Should I be getting nervous? I've been "In Production" for about a week now. I had a specific delivery date in my dashboard (a delayed date of tomorrow, but always told my DS I would be picking up this Friday), but a few days ago it reverted back to "Late September".

I emailed my DS last week and he said it was possible it would be completed by Sept. 18 and it was "very reasonable to expect delivery" by this Friday. Haven't heard from them since, but will call tomorrow morning before I leave for my trip.

I'm returning through Austin from a work trip so if it's not at the Austin SC ready for pick up by this Saturday, I'm out an expensive last minute plane ticket home (either a new ticket from Austin or a change fee on my Friday flight).

The dashboard changing to "Late September" has me really uneasy, but I'm hoping what others have said is true in my case and my car is actually on a truck bound for Austin already and my dashboard just hasn't been updated.

There's a truckful of Teslas headed to Austin SC, expected to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). My car is one of them. I know they have deliveries scheduled for WED / THURS / FRI for those cars. I'm not sure how frequently Austin SC gets deliveries, but it's possible your car is on there. They were able to track the cars by GPS. As of this morning it was entering the Republic of Texas :)

Last week or so they went through and stripped everyone that had specific dates on the website and put them back to a general timeframe. If you DS says you date is still on schedule that should be the case still. THey're just trying to control expectations from the website.

Last week or so they went through and stripped everyone that had specific dates on the website and put them back to a general timeframe. If you DS says you date is still on schedule that should be the case still. THey're just trying to control expectations from the website.
Yeah. They should have notified people they were doing that before they did it. Caught some of us off guard and led to a big "WTF?" moment.

There's a truckful of Teslas headed to Austin SC, expected to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). My car is one of them. I know they have deliveries scheduled for WED / THURS / FRI for those cars. I'm not sure how frequently Austin SC gets deliveries, but it's possible your car is on there. They were able to track the cars by GPS. As of this morning it was entering the Republic of Texas :)

Talked to my DS today, unfortunately my car is not on that truck. He said it hasn't actually come off the line yet (?!). He asked if Monday or Tuesday delivery might be possibilities just in case, at which point I gently reminded him of the reason I picked this date (crazy work travel next two months). He mentioned that the delivery trucks have two-man teams so they can drive straight through. Google says it is 28 hours from Fremont to Austin so I guess it is theoretically possible for a Saturday delivery if it leaves as late as Thursday afternoon.

I guess worse case scenario is I change to have it delivered to my house instead. I'll just be out airfare and change fees and the missed pomp and/or circumstance surrounding a service center delivery.

Keeping my fingers crossed, though!

Keep your fingers crossed. Mine has been on a truck for roughly 1.5 weeks (Milford, CT delivery). Heck, it was probably less than 150 miles away from me Monday morning but it isn't at the Service Center yet. Good luck!

Talked to my DS today, unfortunately my car is not on that truck. He said it hasn't actually come off the line yet (?!). He asked if Monday or Tuesday delivery might be possibilities just in case, at which point I gently reminded him of the reason I picked this date (crazy work travel next two months). He mentioned that the delivery trucks have two-man teams so they can drive straight through. Google says it is 28 hours from Fremont to Austin so I guess it is theoretically possible for a Saturday delivery if it leaves as late as Thursday afternoon.

I guess worse case scenario is I change to have it delivered to my house instead. I'll just be out airfare and change fees and the missed pomp and/or circumstance surrounding a service center delivery.

Keeping my fingers crossed, though!