Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Delivery" experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found few issues on the car exterior. Scratches on a door panel, front and rear bumpers, one window, and the charging door. Alignment issues on the wheel trims, doors, and charging door. Some of the paint and alignment issues are pretty noticeable.

Emailed pictures and issues to the delivery team. They said they will bring the car in for a closer look.

Delivery appoinment at 10am and it's now past 2pm. Don't know if we can get the car home today, and we have not even inspect the interior yet.

Tesla rep said they can not promise to fix all the issues we identified, including scratches and dent, after we take the delievery. We are in no rush for a new car, so we reject the MY. They said they will find a new one for us, hopefully in a week or 2.

That sucks, but at least you are not in a hurry and only another 1-2 weeks hopefully. So they could not fix them in time for you (repairs would take a long time to complete), or that they may not fix everything you identified so you'd have to accept some of those issues as is? Seems like the latter, which is concerning. Definitely no consistency between SC. What SC, Grand? Glad I am going to Schaumburg, eventually, if they ever call me...

That sucks, but at least you are not in a hurry and only another 1-2 weeks hopefully. So they could not fix them in time for you (repairs would take a long time to complete), or that they may not fix everything you identified so you'd have to accept some of those issues as is? Seems like the latter, which is concerning. Definitely no consistency between SC. What SC, Grand? Glad I am going to Schaumburg, eventually, if they ever call me...
It's the latter. I told them alignment issues are understandable, but scratch and dent are what we concern the most.

Maybe you could share some part of the VIN, to save someone else here the trip.
Vin 50x2.
Hopefully they will fix the issues before offering it to another person. There are 2 scratches on the rear bumper, few scratches on the glasses attached to left mirror, a dent on the rear right window trim, and noticeable alignment issue on the right rear door.

After I had my VIN released (car came in with a broken roof), I figured I wouldn't hear anything for at least a month. It's interesting that you were told 1 - 2 weeks.

I'm torn... I'm really looking forward to the MY, but figure I may get a higher quality one if its after the end of Q2 rush.

Reactions: jimmym1981
Chicago Grand, so there is a white PUP available there now. :)
BTW, the ladies and gents I talked to there are really nice and professional. But the QC and repair teams,....
Oh man. White or black interior? That is exactly what we ordered, but with white interior.

I am happy to hear that Grand is having better customer relations. They had a REALLY bad rep the last 2 years with ignoring customers and just outright rude. I almost changed our delivery to Schaumburg just to not go there and we live about 2 miles down the road.

One last question, did they let you inspect it inside or outside? Did they leave you alone or over shoulder the whole time? Just want to be prepared. LOL

After I had my VIN released (car came in with a broken roof), I figured I wouldn't hear anything for at least a month. It's interesting that you were told 1 - 2 weeks.

I'm torn... I'm really looking forward to the MY, but figure I may get a higher quality one if its after the end of Q2 rush.
I'm feeling the same, though I watch for anything from Tesla with baited breath. I would hope the builds get better with time. The idea of no " end of quarter rush", sounds optimistic. Tesla seems to habitually operate on that end quarter rush.

I'll likely be there in a few weeks, so it's good to hear the people were nice. Sucks to hear about the quality of the build.
Oh man. White or black interior? That is exactly what we ordered, but with white interior.

I am happy to hear that Grand is having better customer relations. They had a REALLY bad rep the last 2 years with ignoring customers and just outright rude. I almost changed our delivery to Schaumburg just to not go there and we live about 2 miles down the road.

One last question, did they let you inspect it inside or outside? Did they leave you alone or over shoulder the whole time? Just want to be prepared. LOL

Black interior. We only inspected the outside, u need to take 'delivery' in order to open the car door. I don't know if they will let me reassign the VIN if I accepted the delivery. We were all alone at the lot to inspect the car. I wish there is person we can talk (6 feet apart) to point and show the issues. It's difficult to communicate the issues by email and over the phone.

I'm feeling the same, though I watch for anything from Tesla with baited breath. I would hope the builds get better with time. The idea of no " end of quarter rush", sounds optimistic. Tesla seems to habitually operate on that end quarter rush.

My advisor said that if you miss the end of the quarter, you normally are delayed almost 2 more months because they shift to export deliveries at the quarter start. He said it looks like they are going to continue to focus on domestic MYs at the begin ingredient of Q3. (Apparently it's atypical to see "Estimated Delivery: 4-8 weeks" this late in the quarter.)

Reactions: wasloan
My advisor said that if you miss the end of the quarter, you normally are delayed almost 2 more months because they shift to export deliveries at the quarter start. He said it looks like they are going to continue to focus on domestic MYs at the begin ingredient of Q3. (Apparently it's atypical to see "Estimated Delivery: 4-8 weeks" this late in the quarter.)
Just be aware that delivery advisors aren't fully aware of what's happening at the mothership.