Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Kicked Another 4 Months (minimum) At Least. Long Range Ordered X Ordered Last Summer.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we got a big surprise today in the way of another delivery delay on our long range model X. As of yesterday the delivery estimate was July, 2022. Today I went into the app and the manage order screen came up with a new date of November 2022 - Jan, 2023. I went into the configure new model X orders and it it shows new orders placed today have estimated delivery dates of January-April 2023.

Here is the configuration on the X we ordered:

Model X Long Range
20” Wheels
Blue Paint
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot
Full Self Driving Capability
5 Seat Interior

We are trading in our 2017 100D model X with the same options as the new one except silver color & unlimited free supercharging. We have agreed on the trade in value and submitted our title info already.

I was wondering if anyone else had their delivery date pushed back like this. Thos would have our delivery taking a year and 4-5 months at best if received in November & a year and a half if January 2023.

I hope others our having better luck.

My delivery date got pushed back from July 2022 to Dec 2022-Apr 2023 which would be 18-21 months from when I ordered it.
Model X long range
20" wheels
Red paint
Cream interior
Full Self Driving

any thoughts on why and any move ups?

Yeah I ordered August 2021 and EDD was April 2022 > August 2022 > Dec 2022 - April 2023 then now Nov 2022 - Jan 2023. LR, 5 Seat, White/White, 20".

Browsing this forum it is odd how some peoples new EDD that ordered the exact same or similar config and ordered much after August 2022 and are living in a similar area have it coming in July, August or September. Not sure what causes it but that's the edd roulette I guess.

This week, my EDD was changed from just "July 2022" to a more specific "July 21 - September 15, 2022."

Ordered May 6, 2021
Description Model X Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic
20'' Cyberstream Wheels
Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Five Seat Interior
Price locked at $104,790 before taxes.

Just yesterday (25 May 2022), I reported that my just revised EDD was "July 21 - September 15, 2022."

My original order date was 6 May 2021.

I checked back this morning, and I am outraged to find that now my EDD is "December 2022 - April 2023."

Sorry for the delay in responding and appreciate everyone’s feedback. I had a minor family emergency and limited internet access.

Yea, not very happy here for sure. I have to wonder what they are going to do regarding trade In agreements? We got a trade in offer that we accepted on our 2017 100D model X. It was actually a decent offer. I have to imagine that Tesla will wiggle their way out of the trade in agreements. What really gets me is their has been no detailed reason that I’ve heard for these delays.

I wish everyone all the best in dealing with these delays.

Ordered July 2021 , White Model X long range --5 seat, Full self drive

Just last week I went from a July Delivery to TBD. So I have no idea the month or year.

This is beyond frustrating. The communication is horrible, and with no one to talk to from Tesla it is a true test of patience.

Spending 100K plus and no clarity on a timeframe. Really takes the excitement and fun out of expecting a new vehicle.

Nothing we can do it seems -- bummer to say the least.

Ordered July 2021 , White Model X long range --5 seat, Full self drive
Just last week I went from a July Delivery to TBD. So I have no idea the month or year.
This is beyond frustrating. The communication is horrible, and with no one to talk to from Tesla it is a true test of patience.
Spending 100K plus and no clarity on a timeframe. Really takes the excitement and fun out of expecting a new vehicle.
Nothing we can do it seems -- bummer to say the least.
My order (below) is similar to yours, but I ordered on June 16. So far my order is hanging in there, no VIN. In fact, a couple of days ago, it moved up by one day (from June 11 - July 2 to June 10 - July 1), but the same 3-week window. I suspect your TBD means they are trying to assign a vehicle, but are not sure they will make it. Folks with five passenger order dates in August have been kicked back to the December to April holding pattern. I also am trading in my 2018 X, which I am sure they would like to get their hands on. All of this is pure speculation on my part.

I’m back to a 6/23 to 7/14 delivery window now… Anyone else seeing this?
I ordered the LR/ White/ 5 seater in July 2021 and besides the multiple changes throughout the year, recently my delivery date went from June 2022 to Dec 22-April 2023. Called the SA, who told us the delivery data would be readjusted. Suddenly, changed this week to June 9 - July 5. Today, it shows up with a new est. delivery date of June 15-July 6. No VIN assigned still.

Anyone having any multiple delivery date updates like this? Any clarity on what's going on?

I ordered the LR/ White/ 5 seater in July 2021 and besides the multiple changes throughout the year, recently my delivery date went from June 2022 to Dec 22-April 2023. Called the SA, who told us the delivery data would be readjusted. Suddenly, changed this week to June 9 - July 5. Today, it shows up with a new est. delivery date of June 15-July 6. No VIN assigned still.

Anyone having any multiple delivery date updates like this? Any clarity on what's going on?
Yes. Quite normal for dates to move around. As time moves forward, you will probably find the window narrows. My order was on June-16, 2021. I have had a three week window for a while, but it has moved around a bit.

Sure. I had 5 or 6 EDD changes. My order was in March 2021 and I received the car in April 2022. Even after getting a Vin in late March the delivery date changed several times.

This is an "Estimated dates" and given the supply chain issue it is no mystery that they change. My friends in tech logistics are drinking Maalox by the gallon. They never know when they have parts! Shipments show up missing part lots or contain parts missing from previous shipments. China doing a hard lockdown has just made things worse, since a lot of parts made by the big companies (ex. boards) contain components (a chip or fan) only available from one smaller company that cannot house people at the factory.

Well, we got a big surprise today in the way of another delivery delay on our long range model X. As of yesterday the delivery estimate was July, 2022. Today I went into the app and the manage order screen came up with a new date of November 2022 - Jan, 2023. I went into the configure new model X orders and it it shows new orders placed today have estimated delivery dates of January-April 2023.

Here is the configuration on the X we ordered:

Model X Long Range
20” Wheels
Blue Paint
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot
Full Self Driving Capability
5 Seat Interior

We are trading in our 2017 100D model X with the same options as the new one except silver color & unlimited free supercharging. We have agreed on the trade in value and submitted our title info already.

I was wondering if anyone else had their delivery date pushed back like this. Thos would have our delivery taking a year and 4-5 months at best if received in November & a year and a half if January 2023.

I hope others our having better luck.
I’ve got similar configuration. Need to check EDD. Was to be Aug to Sept.