Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery of my Model Y held up :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was supposed to pick up in Chicago suburbs yesterday but got a call saying they're holding back due to an issue with the rear seats. Apparently there is a faulty fastener and they need to wait for the replacement part to arrive. Anyone else having this issue?

Was supposed to pick up in Chicago suburbs yesterday but got a call saying they're holding back due to an issue with the rear seats. Apparently there is a faulty fastener and they need to wait for the replacement part to arrive. Anyone else having this issue?
Which location? Mine has been held up for over a week in Chicago. I have not heard anything about a rear seat issue. Just that it hasnt left the rail yard.

Thats wild. Have the recieved your car yet? I was supposed to get mine last week and it keeps getting pushed back. They claim I will get it Saturday but I am very skeptical since its been at the rail yard since Monday 23rd

No, they pushed back to next Saturday. Not sure if we have the same issue but seems like a minor one. I guess it's all relative, lots of bigger problems in the world right now...

This is what I'm concerned about. They're asking for payment and I've picked a delivery date (both yesterday), but I'd rather pay later so I can continue to stock trade with the $. Calling delivery center today to see if they're going assistance free like another thread is discussing.

I wonder whether the delivery delay is related to this rear seat misalignment problem. Looking at posted photos of customers' cars, I have seen several like this.
IMG_1855.JPG

I wonder whether the delivery delay is related to this rear seat misalignment problem. Looking at posted photos of customers' cars, I have seen several like this.
View attachment 523657
Maybe. But keep in mind that the left and right section (center connected to left) each recline independently (6 positions). That could just be them set differently. You can see the right seat is forward.

View attachment 523657
I was wondering exactly the same! I was even going to post this, but then couldn't find the photos I'd seen before.

I hope it is this, because that seat alignment didn't look good in the pictures I'd seen - if it turns out that it's a specific fault they're correcting, rather than it being what they're aiming for, then that's good!

We were supposed to take delivery last Friday but were told there was a problem with the rear seat. I assume it is the same issue mentioned here. No ETA for us.
They pushed my delivery date to the 27th. The car is at the delivery center. They tried to tell me it needed a more thorough inspection.

i called back and asked them about the rear seat and they told me they’re waiting on a firmware update. Lol. I don’t know.

It doesn’t matter but it is pretty comical.

The gm of the tesla location said it was a faulty fastener issue. Not exactly sure what that means but they are waiting for a part to be delivered.

given everything going on in the world, I think there are bigger issues to be concerned about. Delaying delivery for a few days (or even weeks) is not a huge deal. I already paid but if you need the money for stock trades, not sure it makes sense to order a new car (regardless of brand).

let’s all take perspective, I’m sure the folks working at tesla must be stressed on many levels, no need to add to it!

Reactions: Reason and mgraff
View attachment 523657
I picked up MY ( 1st silver midnight Performance) in Santa Barbara, CA yesterday and my backseats looked misaligned as in photo. My wife repositioned them (they all recline) and then they all line up again. No fastener issue in mine. FYI