Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery on Monday!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A not particularly impressive aspects is that Tesla has sent a payment balance and their avct details to my email in a plain text message and has not attached a final invoice. The payment details and final balance invoice are also not showing up on online account (only the appt date and Vin showing) By security I will call them back and ask again account details on the phone. but I find not entirely professional that these informations are not synced to online accounts. They had 3 years to prepare for this...and process looks a bit improvised...

Good point, not worth the risk that the details have been modified.

I know this doesn't really give you any more assurance but if it helps in any way I am in exactly the same position, however the bank account details they gave me are identical to the ones I used 5 years ago when I paid for my model S so I was pretty confident the money was going to the right place.

For you as a previous customer you can check but for new buyers it is a concern, I would only trust the online website and an official invoice for bank details to be honest even though it sounds unlikely to be wrong, you never know with some email scams they could target potential Tesla customers especially with all the scams you hear about with banks, not worth the risk.

You can always phone up to confirm the details are correct.

Yes, no flights to Heathrow available on Monday or Tuesday from any carrier. Hopefully things will be getting back to normal by 9 am wednesday, but I'm anticipating some delay.

Got the phone call from Tesla a few hours ago (on a Sunday!) and they were cool about turning up a bit late if the flight is delayed so its all systems go for Wednesday. At last!
So I went down to Heathrow today. It was dead as all test drives etc have been moved to Park Royal - it’s effectively a handover hub. Chap down there said they’d shortly be processing 100 cars a day. They had some off site storage...but it will be carnage...especially if you are delayed.

• Informative
Reactions: Yev000
So I went down to Heathrow today. It was dead as all test drives etc have been moved to Park Royal - it’s effectively a handover hub. Chap down there said they’d shortly be processing 100 cars a day. They had some off site storage...but it will be carnage...especially if you are delayed.
Tesla Heathrow moved my slot back an hour when I explained I may be late. I should be ok for any flight delays but it seems they have enough slack in their system to be flexible on times. They were definetely more open to moving time within day than moving to a different day.

Wedensday's going to be an interesting day!

Genuinely happy for you all but can’t help but feel picked on by Tesla lol (see my other thread). I’m coming to the conclusion they just don’t have any 19” wheels and needed an excuse to cancel.

I don't think the 19s will be in short supply, as the ability to order these was limited so in theory they had enough time to sort them out and get them sent over but who knows

I know this doesn't really give you any more assurance but if it helps in any way I am in exactly the same position, however the bank account details they gave me are identical to the ones I used 5 years ago when I paid for my model S so I was pretty confident the money was going to the right place.
Good to know...unless you re part of the scam... hhaaha jk

Picking mine up Wednesday 5PM @ Heathrow - offered me 3pm but I need it to be later.

Fantastic! I hate you. What and when did you order? Might make me feel better.

I got a call at 1730 today (Sunday) offering me a cancellation slot in Dartford on 7/8 vs. my window of 17th - 25th. Unfortunately I can't make it so they'll continue working down the list until they find someone who can take it on Wednesday.
If I was offered a Blue P- with Black interior I think I'd take it! Perhaps @Nell got it, she's Dartford, or @MikeLX no idea where they are. I wonder if @Foucault or @Bigfinger would have travelled down to London?

Blue P+, black interior ordered on 7th May
I definitely didn’t get it (and by the way I’m a he!). I’m also a Heathrow delivery - the order tracking sheet has a mistake (no trade in and no finance to complete).
Initial delivery text was 12/8 to 25/8 then updated by text on Thurs to 7/8 to 20/8, then today an email stating 18/8 to 25/8. So in short I’ve no idea when I’ll get the summons!
Of course I have a slug of commitments I can’t get out of at short notice and so if they can’t store I expect to be sent to the back of the queue. It will be interesting to see how they fulfill P- if they are not actively building them after the current batch was built matched to orders before they withdrew the spec.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
It will be interesting to see how they fulfill P- if they are not actively building them after the current batch was built matched to orders before they withdrew the spec.

If Tesla are now tooled up for a different line up will there be a message saying they've checked in the kitchen and the P- is off the menu, please select a currently listed model.

I assume everyone flying / training to distant pick-up locations pressed the 'I Feel Lucky' button and purchased one way tickets. M3 early adopter commitment is strong, it makes me smile that only Tesla could get away with using the word Delivery when Collection would be significantly more accurate.

Posting on this discussion is aspirational, vin:null, back to the Tow Bar waiting lounge ;)

A not particularly impressive aspects is that Tesla has sent a payment balance and their avct details to my email in a plain text message and has not attached a final invoice. The payment details and final balance invoice are also not showing up on online account (only the appt date and Vin showing) By security I will call them back and ask again account details on the phone. but I find not entirely professional that these informations are not synced to online accounts. They had 3 years to prepare for this...and process looks a bit improvised...

Now final invoice showing in online account. Account details all matches email received...some light at the end of the boring company tunnel...