Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

delivery postponed by service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, you read a few of the "bad delivery" stories related to quality control and think to yourself, eh far and few between . . . . won't happen to me!

Well, I was supposed to take delivery at 4pm today. I got a call from the service center about 45 min before I left telling me that the car won't be ready. When I specifically asked why, the response was, "It's hard to explain, but your car is silver". I obviously asked for a little more info. He hesitated, then states, "one of the rear quarter panels is a different shade of silver and they can't let me take the car in that condition".

First, I appreciate that they caught this, rather then me taking notice and having to complain. I also appreciate that they let me know before I left my house. However, I am confused as to how this could happen? The body of the car is painted at the same time?!?!?! How does one section get painted wrong? Also, there is only one (light) silver, so how did a different shade get in the mix? Sounds fishy to me. Maybe a conspiracy?

Like my parents used to say to me constantly . . . . "I'm not mad, just disappointed". Well, no. I am mad too. Oh, and sad. Soooooooooo, the wait continues. Thanks for letting me vent.

-MG

So, you read a few of the "bad delivery" stories related to quality control and think to yourself, eh far and few between . . . . won't happen to me!

Well, I was supposed to take delivery at 4pm today. I got a call from the service center about 45 min before I left telling me that the car won't be ready. When I specifically asked why, the response was, "It's hard to explain, but your car is silver". I obviously asked for a little more info. He hesitated, then states, "one of the rear quarter panels is a different shade of silver and they can't let me take the car in that condition".

First, I appreciate that they caught this, rather then me taking notice and having to complain. I also appreciate that they let me know before I left my house. However, I am confused as to how this could happen? The body of the car is painted at the same time?!?!?! How does one section get painted wrong? Also, there is only one (light) silver, so how did a different shade get in the mix? Sounds fishy to me. Maybe a conspiracy?

Like my parents used to say to me constantly . . . . "I'm not mad, just disappointed". Well, no. I am mad too. Oh, and sad. Soooooooooo, the wait continues. Thanks for letting me vent.

Did they given you an estimate to fix the problem? What's their plan of action?

If it would make you feel better maybe see if they'll let you come down and take a look at the car in it's current state. Worst thing they can say is no, right?

I have faith they'll make it right for you in the end. Hang in there!

Bruce.

Did they given you an estimate to fix the problem? What's their plan of action?

If it would make you feel better maybe see if they'll let you come down and take a look at the car in it's current state. Worst thing they can say is no, right?

I have faith they'll make it right for you in the end. Hang in there!

Bruce.
No plan yet. They promised to call later today with a plan and time frame. I thought about going down there just to lay eyes on it. It's only 20 min from my house. But honestly, it is what it is. If I can't drive away in it, then I'll just wait. It just stinks.

Well, I had my delivery delayed a few days because the transport truck broke down. After receiving the car, I noticed the back left passenger door is not aligned with the body and both headlights have different problems (one takes 5 minutes to warm up, the other has defective signature lights (half dim)). The door will take up to two weeks to fix (they'll ship it off to richmond). The other is in-house but the service group is backed up several weeks. I do love the car. But they're still building them by hand, so lots of room for quality control issues. And it's really biting them now as they ramp up.

Well, I had my delivery delayed a few days because the transport truck broke down. After receiving the car, I noticed the back left passenger door is not aligned with the body and both headlights have different problems (one takes 5 minutes to warm up, the other has defective signature lights (half dim)). The door will take up to two weeks to fix (they'll ship it off to richmond). The other is in-house but the service group is backed up several weeks. I do love the car. But they're still building them by hand, so lots of room for quality control issues. And it's really biting them now as they ramp up.
2 wks delayed!! That is awful. Sorry to hear that. I'm holding strong to the belief that they can correct my issue in a couple of days