Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all claiming their SA can tell when they are assigned a pre-production vehicle or somethin before getting a VIN... wandered into my local SC and they said there's no such thing, they see as much as we do on our account...
Hahaha. It’s interesting how we’re all told something different. Who to believe?
Personally, I believe the 3 different SA’s who told me the same thing-Mid October build date.

Reactions: acatwith12
To all claiming their SA can tell when they are assigned a pre-production vehicle or somethin before getting a VIN... wandered into my local SC and they said there's no such thing, they see as much as we do on our account...
Lol...I was told the same today by Fremont SA..even if it is lie..i liked it as he said you will get your Vin assigned in <24hrs, it's on production line...and went to Sunnyvale branch to confirm and they say 'we see what u see bull *sugar*' EDD moved from 10/11-10/20 to 10/14 to 10/24

I got my VIN! 😎 284XXX
My OD was 7/19, my EDD narrowed to 10/11-10/15 (was 10/15-11/4)

Well that escalated quickly. Got a phone call and email a few hours later to arrange pickup of my car, and I asked if it was possible tomorrow. So now I’m picking it up tomorrow. 😎😎 (SF Bay Area)
I was able to pick it up 🙂 Then drove it 270 miles home... Quite nerve-racking. 😬(I live that far away from a Tesla delivery center)
My impressions so far:
- Two minor issues: One tail light sticking out farther than the other, and the interior molding around the roof glass having some small tape pieces visible (scheduled a service appt to address them)
- It drives great! Even in chill mode the responsiveness is a great (kept in in chill mode today to reduce chance of getting into an accident)
- One pedal driving becomes natural very quickly
- My number one worry was the suspension everyone is complaining about... But it was great! (19" wheels) Perhaps my previous cars have just had crap suspension :p because it felt very good
- I experienced a few phantom breaks, the adaptive cruise control will take some time to understand. It works best on some types of roads. It seems have most issues at dusk, but that may just be a small sample size. Hopefully a software update improves it.
- Auto high beams works well on small roads, but on multi-lane highways it made odd choices. Hopefully a software update improves it.
Very happy so far!

Went to a showroom and the SA literally swiveled his screen for me to see and pointed out the production date to me. I tried to scan his screen quickly and they can literally see way more than we can. They have so many tabs on their end and all that.

OD: 7/28, Bay Area, MSM-Tow-7seater, EDD: 10/22-11/19.... i have a 28-day window when usually it's 20 days. Does anyone know why this is? Lately, I've been seeing loads of people have their windows change from 20 to 28 or even a whole month long.
Dont increase your hopes for next 1-1.5 months...
I was into the EDD window for 6-7 times so far..it means almost nothing...still waiting for Vin current EDD 10/14-10/24