Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered and completed on July 16th with no changes. My EDD was10/23-11/12. It was steady for about 3 weeks updated just after close of Q3.

This week, it slipped to 11/4-11/29. As we get closer the EDD moves are less dramatic. We're getting close. VINs, as far as I know, are not assigned until a vehicle matching your order arrives at the distribution center.

Patience. The holidays are going to be quite fun for July and August Tesla orders. Mine is!
😎

Your trade in has nothing to do with it. For my model 3 LFP, I only filled my trade-in once I had my VIN, and EDD was within 1 week. I then compared with Carvana, Carmax, Vroom etc.
Filling in the trade-in at the last minute is what I originally intended to do. Though not "completing" all the steps is the only explanation I have for the late EDD, and even that didn't occur to me until reading this thread.

"Then I'll probably not even notice when I get a VIN and appointment date until the date passes!" - This is not happening. You know that.
I would have said that last week. Then I saw posts in this thread about not receiving a notification. Until this week, I had not checked my EDD for more than a month. So if my EDD stays on March for a week or so, then they jump it up without contacting me.... it could happen.

MYLRAWD White, Black interior, Tow hitch, 7-seater. Ordered 7/23/21. EDD is 10/28-11/11. My date has yet to move back or forwards in the last couple weeks but because i'm less than a week from 10/28/21 I am assuming I wont be receiving until November! I am in Chicago, anyone near Midwest with same order time get their Model Y yet?? I've been good for a while but this last week i've been antsy!

Reactions: Hurricane4911
A steady EDD is a good sign. Why talk to an SA? You won’t get it sooner… :)
(I never had any communication with my SA, other than being called to arrange a delivery the day my VIN was assigned.)

Once you are in the EDD window it will likely narrow to a 5 day range, and then you’ll know that a VIN is imminent.
My EDD moved and widened once I got into my original EDD. Guess that’s bad news?
It was oct 21-Nov 10 now it’s oct 24-Nov 19. I too have tried contacting my SA but no response. Kind of jealous of all those who have very responsive SAs

MYLRAWD White, Black interior, Tow hitch, 7-seater. Ordered 7/23/21. EDD is 10/28-11/11. My date has yet to move back or forwards in the last couple weeks but because i'm less than a week from 10/28/21 I am assuming I wont be receiving until November! I am in Chicago, anyone near Midwest with same order time get their Model Y yet?? I've been good for a while but this last week i've been antsy!
Right with you, Vinnie.... Same OD in Wisconsin.

My EDD hasn't changed for a couple of months. Emailed SA - texted back quickly with a very rough ETA of 11/17.
That's roughly 4 more weeks - Going KRAZY waiting. 🤪🤪🤪

MYLR Midnight Silver / Black / 19 / No Tow / FSD / 5 seat Wisconsin
OD: 7/23 / EDD: 11/15-11/30, 11/1-11/30, on 10/19 SA said Roughly 11/17

I tried putting in my friend's referral before taking delivery of my Model Y, but it look like the 1000 super charger miles are gone at this point. They are only offering solar roof. When did this happen?
From what I heard, a couple of weeks ago.

My EDD is Oct 23-Nov 12 and it's stayed that way for the past month with no change. I've tried contacting the SA to understand when I might expect to have a VIN assigned but have had no response to any of my questions since I last spoke to him the day after I placed the order. I live a couple of blocks from a showroom, would it be worth a shot to go there and ask one of the salespersons?
I would absolutely go to the showroom. I'm 3 hours away and don't have that luxury.

MYLR AWD Midnight Silver / Black / 19 / No Tow / FSD / 5 seat Wisconsin

Ordered my MYLR White / Black interior / 18 / No Tow / 5 seat in Southern CA on 7/21. EDD Was 10/20-11/4 for the longest time and last week jumped to 11/3-12/1. Still no VIN.

I have a family member who works at Tesla who said the actual EDD was showing 11/6 in the system so hoping that means I'll be getting a VIN soon if that is indeed accurate.

Right with you, Vinnie.... Same OD in Wisconsin.

My EDD hasn't changed for a couple of months. Emailed SA - texted back quickly with a very rough ETA of 11/17.
That's roughly 4 more weeks - Going KRAZY waiting. 🤪🤪🤪

Update: literally just received VIN !! EDD now 11/3-11/7.!

I'm not in the midwest, but,
I believed everything you believed about my EDD last week...
This week, not so much.

Mine slipped less than a week just before entering the window.

I would absolutely go to the showroom. I'm 3 hours away and don't have that luxury.

MYLR AWD Midnight Silver / Black / 19 / No Tow / FSD / 5 seat Wisconsin
Update: Because I have no self control when it comes to the MY and it's firday, so it's not like I was going to get anything done I went to the showroom. The guy who checked for me said, "your order is almost ready, you'll see your VIN in a couple of days" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not sure if he said that to make me feel better or if they can actually see something about the status of my order. He also mentioned that I might get it earlier (1-2 Weeks) since lots of people in the Chicago area have been opting to postpone delivery. I have a basic build MYLR/Silver/Black Interior/19/No FSD/5 Seater so hopefully the wait ends soon and I can go back to focusing on other things, like my job......