Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order July 24th for MYP, red with white interior, no FSD, said 7 to 9 weeks. Just got my VIN and now it says August 11 through 17!
Wow, thats really fast. I wonder if they matched you with an existing car that was declined on delivery by someone else. Make sure you take extra care when doing the pre-delivery inspection.

My data for the thread:
Blue on white MYP
Ordered 7/8
EDD was holding steady at 8/16-9/5.
Changed yesterday to 9/5-9/30, today EDD is gone and changed to 7-9 weeks.

Reactions: Danilo
Wow, thats really fast. I wonder if they matched you with an existing car that was declined on delivery by someone else. Make sure you take extra care when doing the pre-delivery inspection.

My data for the thread:
Blue on white MYP
Ordered 7/8
EDD was holding steady at 8/16-9/5.
Changed yesterday to 9/5-9/30, today EDD is gone and changed to 7-9 weeks.
This! But seems like you still have 24h to get any imperfections repaired for free or something. But is just easier to reject delivery, specially because of the shortage, it’s going to take a long time to repair any imperfections

Seems like (or I'm hoping) this October EDD might be just a temporary happening..
Fingers crossed.

ordered date: 0628
MYLR/Black/Black/5seats/19"/No tow/No FSD - Massachusetts
EDD as of now: October

*I ordered it as a leasing option but if I decide to buy, would Tesla apply latest MSRP? or would this happen only if I change the configuration?
My price in June was $55,290
You’re locked in at that price…

Just got the attached message, and after several changes and a vin number generated, I'm now at 7-9 weeks.... Grrrrr!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210803-072129.jpg
    Screenshot_20210803-072129.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 77
I don’t understand the problem…. That means you’re getting the car and it’s getting ready for delivery.
The problem is that the delivery date was pushed out from August 17-29 to 7-9 weeks. Obviously, for a first time Tesla buyer, it's a bit disheartening to see the date pushed out that far after seeing the VIN being generated.

The problem is that the delivery date was pushed out from August 17-29 to 7-9 weeks. Obviously, for a first time Tesla buyer, it's a bit disheartening to see the date pushed out that far after seeing the VIN being generated.
Oh, I’m sorry! I didnt see that part on the screenshot. I just looked straight at the bottom of the screen where it said “proceed with delivery”. It is disheartening, I agree. I’m a first time Tesla buyer too. I’m hopeful that the EDD will change for me as well. I was part of the “october” change yesterday.

Last edited:
That means it's being moved to the next process. Probably the pre- manufacture line. Could spend some time there. Probably gonna jump around for a while.
@a1machinista1 what is your current edd? I am Rocklin (Sacramento area) with same config and may 25 order date. I am currently in the October club. I was showing various dates in July, then moved into Aug., now to October.