Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7/26/21 Long Range Model Y, Red with Black, 19” Gemini wheels, no FSD, No Tow. When I placed the order it wa an EDD of November. The other day it changed until December. Today it says EDD of 10/29 - 11/18. It is basically the same exact spec of my current 2020. I put a deposit on a new one because I’m looking to get sone of the newer upgrades such as double paned glass, heated steering wheel, new Center console (not a big deal), one piece rear casting, better windshield wipers which actually have enough to spray enough fluid to wash the entire windshield, auto dimming side mirrors and bio-weapon defense mode. None of that is enough in and of itself to change but if we get to the point of a Giga Texas build with one piece front casting, better more durable paint, and obviously the 4680 structural battery packs then I’m probably going to make the change. As silly as that sounds. I know the minute I do that there might be more new changes and rumors of changes that will make me envious again but those really important things would make me seriously consider changing. I don’t think my new EDD of 10/29 - 11/28 is going to include any of those things like structural battery so I will have to defer or put my order on hold. At the end of that day my only risk is the $100 order fee which sucks but isn’t the end of the world. Where are people getting the best trade-in or resale prices on a pristine 2020 Model Y with 7,000 miles on it as of today? I am hoping to not have the upgrade cost me anything at all or very little.

Last edited:
MY LR 5 Seater in Red with White interior, no other option.
Ordered 6/28 Profile Completion 6/28
EDD Sep 12 - 30, randomly showing Oct then reverse back to the Sep dates
Changed payment to Tesla Finance and approved 8/10

MY LR 5 Seater in Red with White interior, no other option.
Ordered 6/28 Profile Completion 6/28
EDD Sep 12 - 30, randomly showing Oct then reverse back to the Sep dates
Changed payment to Tesla Finance and approved 8/10
It's our second Model Y. Our 2020 Model Y same spec with 13k miles was sold to CarMax early this month for $56k.

I just checked mine today. Same spec as yours and it has Dec 05-Jan04, yesterday it was Oct. I ordered Jun 10, WTF. I just message my SA awaiting response from her.
When was your profile completed. It's all based on profile completion date so if you didn't take care of financing and other items until later that would slow you down. I selected cash and when I get closer, I am going to switch to financing.

When was your profile completed. It's all based on profile completion date so if you didn't take care of financing and other items until later that would slow you down. I selected cash and when I get closer, I am going to switch to financing.
Have you confirmed that? My advisor knows nothing about that. And how much of the profile needs to be completed? I immediately chose my pickup locations then did the rest way later. How can they go by the profile vs when it was ordered?

Have you confirmed that? My advisor knows nothing about that. And how much of the profile needs to be completed? I immediately chose my pickup locations then did the rest way later. How can they go by the profile vs when it was ordered?
My advisor said you don’t go in the queue until you fill out all your profile. They suggested i mark pay cash and they can flip it later. Basically once you get down to adding your insurance info you’re in the queue from what I was told.

I'm curious about this as well. I've completed my profile besides applying for financing. Tesla advisor confirmed with me to wait until I got my VIN and delivery date before applying for Tesla Credit. Told me choosing cash option made no difference. I don't know what's true or not.