Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you confirmed that? My advisor knows nothing about that. And how much of the profile needs to be completed? I immediately chose my pickup locations then did the rest way later. How can they go by the profile vs when it was ordered?
This is what I have derived from the many threads. You don't go into the queue until you have completed the first initial steps after ordering. In my case I ordered 5/5 put my order on hold and then completed my profile on July 21st and my EDD aligns to many that have purchased and completed their profile around that date. It also mentions completion of pre delivery tasks here Here. If you look at the current delivery times master thread.

This is what I have derived from the many threads. You don't go into the queue until you have completed the first initial steps after ordering. In my case I ordered 5/5 put my order on hold and then completed my profile on July 21st and my EDD aligns to many that have purchased and completed their profile around that date. It also mentions completion of pre delivery tasks here Here. If you look at the current delivery times master thread.
Who knew that the day would arrive that "pleasing the algorithm" was required to buy a car? Hahaha!

So to get this info.. you click "Overview" in your account page for the vehicle you ordered. Then a list will show up of the items completed and the "next steps." To get into the system for delivery (EDD) I believe the first two have to be completed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 12.38.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 12.38.11 PM.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 12.38.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 12.38.02 PM.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
My advisor said you don’t go in the queue until you fill out all your profile. They suggested i mark pay cash and they can flip it later. Basically once you get down to adding your insurance info you’re in the queue from what I was told.
I got the same message from my SA. He actually went a step further and indicated that orders where the profile was not completed promptly would be de-prioritized by the algorithm.

Insurance is not one of the required items and you dont need it until you go in on delivery day. So you wait until you get VIN before insurance.
Yes it is. You can show proof of insurance without VIN and it's acceptable. I get what you're saying, and normally I'd agree, but the thing is the Tesla system allows you to just input your card. This becomes a more complete application and you're moved further up the queue. I've heard this direct from Tesla and did it myself.

Reactions: mrwug
Yes it is. You can show proof of insurance without VIN and it's acceptable. I get what you're saying, and normally I'd agree, but the thing is the Tesla system allows you to just input your card. This becomes a more complete application and you're moved further up the queue. I've heard this direct from Tesla and did it myself.
Interesting, because I've heard directly from Tesla that this (adding your own insurance) does not make any difference. I'm waiting for my VIN so I can get Tesla Insurance. Logically, adding your insurance now to get your car sooner, makes no sense and should not make any difference. Especially since Tesla would want people to purchase Tesla insurance.
Also, I just tried to "add my own insurance" and it says "Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy in all but these states". So, IDK how it's possible to add insurance without a VIN, unless you're in one of 12 states.... 🤷‍♀️
There are so many variables for delivery. And honestly, I think we'll never be able to guess what happens to speed it up.

Last edited:
My SA advised that it isn't necessary until I receive the VIN. This is in NYC.

Buddy of mine also received his VIN in 5 1/2 weeks for MYLR without insurance uploaded(NJ). His OD was 6/24

EDD updated to 8/10 - 8/21, the end date has been sticking the same
(if my theory is correct, I should get a vin around the 11/12 range..)

Ordered on 7/8:
MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

7/9 modified order:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28
8/1: 8/3 - 8/21
8/2: 9/5 - 9/25
8/3: 8/5 - 8/21
8/4: 8/6 - 8/21
8/5: 8/7 - 8/21
8/6: 8/8 - 8/21
8/7: 8/9 - 8/21
8/9: 8/10 - 8/21 as of today!
I ordered mine on 7/9 but EDD keep pushing back and forth between Sep13 to 30th and October every few days. MYLR, White, White interior and 7 seater.

Um, okay. I just logged in and this morning it was 8/10->8/31 (I ordered 6/21) MYP and it said "order update!" and it was asking about the fact I knew it no longer had a Radar (I had answered this update a while ago, so weird it showed up again). I clicked continue and now it shows my delivery date 6-8 weeks out bringing my model Y Perf which had an ETA of 1-7 weeks when I ordered it to a new ETA of Sept-Oct. WTH is this all about? I figured I'd drop the extra $$$ on perf because I love the punch but also the ETA was 1-7 weeks back in June. This is BS. Oh, but I have a VIN now (248xxx), I didn't before? I'm confused as to if this is a good thing or not.

Last edited:
Ordered 6/15 with an EDD of September. ETA disappeared for about two weeks and came back yesterday with the generic October, but this morning it changed to Nov 2-Nov 22. Super annoying

Was your order finalized on 6/15? Or did you complete your order sometime later? You're the only mid-June order I've seen with an Oct or Nov EDD.

A guy at my gym ordered & finalized everything on 6/21 at the Brea store, and he has a 9/2 - 9/22 EDD right now. His EDD been changing daily but only by 1-2 days each way, and never past 9/5 - 9/25.