Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But Performance are being produced quicker than LR, hang in there!
Yeah, I was originally going to bite the bullet and upgrade to the MYP, but I have a reservation from August 2020, so my MYLR is actually $10k cheaper than the performance, so I cannot justify it. I have the patience, but Carvana does not :p I want to sell to them since I am getting $4000 more than what I paid for my car; that is my dilemma.

Yeah, I was originally going to bite the bullet and upgrade to the MYP, but I have a reservation from August 2020, so my MYLR is actually $10k cheaper than the performance, so I cannot justify it. I have the patience, but Carvana does not :p I want to sell to them since I am getting $4000 more than what I paid for my car; that is my dilemma.
Same situation. Sold my Audi for $5k more and then bought a $2k beater to tide us over until October/November. The neighbors probably think we're in financial despair now, but we don't care.

Just got my delivery notification text this morning. July 9 order date, car is in transport, earliest pick-up date was Aug 10 but I can't make that day so it's scheduled for Aug 11. Just got my VIN this afternoon, it's a 241xxx. I'm happy for myself that it's only been a 1-month process, but feel badly for those of you who have been waiting longer and I hope you all get your cars soon.

1628103777369.png

Just got my delivery notification text this morning. July 9 order date, car is in transport, earliest pick-up date was Aug 10 but I can't make that day so it's scheduled for Aug 11. Just got my VIN this afternoon, it's a 241xxx. I'm happy for myself that it's only been a 1-month process, but feel badly for those of you who have been waiting longer and I hope you all get your cars soon.
OK, adding you to my envy list...and to confirm, this was a LR model, ordered on July 9th? I ordered in Nashville, TN on July 10th and still show a range for 2nd half of September. What were your typical EDD dates...August dates or September?

Thanks and enjoy your delivery process...BK

When I checked my account this morning, before I got my confirmation email, my EDD was Aug 4-Aug 10, just like it has been for the past 3 weeks. And lo and behold, later on August 4 I got a confirmation for delivery dates starting on Aug 10, so hopefully you'll have the same experience on Friday.
Lets see i hope I don't get the car until September hahaha
I might even cancel the order, I don't really need the car because I still have a Nissan leaf lease that is due October 2022, but I got a very low apr on the tesla
and I hate the Nissan leaf LOL

Reactions: AlB3 and Arthur31
OK, adding you to my envy list...and to confirm, this was a LR model, ordered on July 9th? I ordered in Nashville, TN on July 10th and still show a range for 2nd half of September. What were your typical EDD dates...August dates or September?

Thanks and enjoy your delivery process...BK
If I had to guess, MYP because it would fit the timeframe a lot of people are getting. Just my thought until we know.

Last edited:
@joewithblueMY @bap1803691 @vvkp meet our new best friend @Snik ... please tell us how you managed to get your vin!? Your fellow chicagoans/ highland park/ schaumburg pickups are dying to get their VINS

edit: @weebs11 there's hope!
I ordered a MYLR a week and a half ago (Schaumburg) and can't see how I can wait three months to get a VIN. I need to switch my representative to whoever @Snik had. Btw @ajs847 Tesla in schaumburg said ill be getting mine in October yet the Tesla website says December. We'll see who's accurate...

Reactions: ajs847