Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were you happy with Carmax? Did you look at other options? I can’t get Carvana (where I’ve sold 2 cars quickly and easily and at awesome prices) to give me a quote on my 2020 MY. It “stumps” their estimator. Lol.
So for Carvana although the website says they will let us know, really you have to contact them and process things manually:

They ask for car registration and a photo of the center screen with four corners present
Then, a photo of the odometer and you DL. Waited three business day afterward.

They gave me $55k, Vroom gave me a shocking 48k, while Tesla quotes $51600. So I went with CarMax's $56k. It went smoothly and they overpaid my loan and I got $28 check back from my bank

So for Carvana although the website says they will let us know, really you have to contact them and process things manually:

They ask for car registration and a photo of the center screen with four corners present
Then, a photo of the odometer and you DL. Waited three business day afterward.

They gave me $55k, Vroom gave me a shocking 48k, while Tesla quotes $51600. So I went with CarMax's $56k. It went smoothly and they overpaid my loan and I got $28 check back from my bank
Did your 2020 Model Y that you sold to CarMax have FSD or was it just a stock Long Range with 19” Geminis? Mine is 2020 Long Range, Red with Black Interior, 19” Gemini wheels and no Tow With FSD. Curious how places like CarMax value it unlike Tesla. The ones I see for sale on CarMax either don’t have FSD or it’s not specified in the ad which is weird.

Also got the VIN today! The agreement form popped up this morning asking me to agree that its a Vision Only based vehicle now, after that the VIN popped up 250XXXX. Payment and insurance now completed and waiting for delivery Sunday. Surprisingly, no option to pick up, said for South OC only option was delivery, so guess im getting it delivered.
yay you beat me!! haha i am jealous but happy for you! what was your EDD timeframe?

Was your order finalized on 6/15? Or did you complete your order sometime later? You're the only mid-June order I've seen with an Oct or Nov EDD.

A guy at my gym ordered & finalized everything on 6/21 at the Brea store, and he has a 9/2 - 9/22 EDD right now. His EDD been changing daily but only by 1-2 days each way, and never past 9/5 - 9/25.
Yup! Completed profile and had the shaded out blue button for a while. I ordered online and not in person...but still managed to speak to my assigned SA on the phone and text a few times over the past month or two with no other update. It does seem like most people who ordered the same time as me has a much earlier EDD which is why it’s soooooo frustrating for me! Argh

There were some anecdotal evidences about profile completion early would likely not delay your delivery. I would say they were inconclusive tho
Thank you. SO here is more anecdotal evidence for you...LOL.....I updated my profile to say "Cash" for payment and My EDD changed from: December 03 - January 02,yesterday to November 18 - December 08, today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Firocity
Did your 2020 Model Y that you sold to CarMax have FSD or was it just a stock Long Range with 19” Geminis? Mine is 2020 Long Range, Red with Black Interior, 19” Gemini wheels and no Tow With FSD. Curious how places like CarMax value it unlike Tesla. The ones I see for sale on CarMax either don’t have FSD or it’s not specified in the ad which is weird.
Yes, mine had FSD, it was 4K back then, good times lol

I've been following these forums since I put my order in, here's my information.

Placed Order: 07/20
Finished Initial Paperwork: 07/21
Received VIN: 08/11
EDD: August 22 - August 28
Delivery Date: Not scheduled yet

I had an EDD as early as 08 August and as late as 05 September. I was 25 Aug - 05 Sep as of yesterday until I got my VIN today.

MYP

I've been following these forums since I put my order in, here's my information.

Placed Order: 07/20
Finished Initial Paperwork: 07/21
Received VIN: 08/11
EDD: August 22 - August 28
Delivery Date: Not scheduled yet

I had an EDD as early as 08 August and as late as 05 September. I was 25 Aug - 05 Sep as of yesterday until I got my VIN today.

MYP
21 days order to VIN. Man, they really do prioritize the MYP. At 52 days, I'm hesitant to switch anything for fear that it puts me back again. Congrats!

I spoke with my advisor and they thought it was weird as well. The advisor stated that a car is delivered within 7 days of a VIN being issued, but when he checked the order apparently the car wasn't even being built yet. It was really weird. National VIN registries show my make and model.
I’m in the same boat as you, got a VIN and dates keep pushing up after it hits the first day of the delivery window, any update from your SA since?

Reactions: TKai and MTBevrider
Trick or Treat!

Model Y LR, White, White, 19", five seats, no hitch, no FSD, Massachusetts.
Ordered Tuesday July 13 with a projected October delivery; one day later the website presented a window of September 12 - September 30.

• July 23: The dates changed to September 06 - September 26.
  • July 24: The dates disappeared.
  • July 30: The dates returned, and they moved up to August 22- September 11.
  • August 1: The dates moved back to September 12 - September 30.
  • August 2: Estimated delivery: October.
  • August 4: Estimated delivery disappeared again.
  • August 8: Estimated delivery: October returned.
  • August 10: The dates returned, now September 13 - September 30.
  • August 11: The dates moved back a month to October 11 - October 31.

Trick or Treat!

Ordered Tuesday July 13 with a projected October delivery; one day later the website presented a window of September 12 - September 30.

• August 11: The dates moved back a month to October 11 - October 31
Trick or Treat!

Our timeline is almost identical. Wonder if it means anything 🤔

Trick or Treat!

Madness!

Omg. If i don’t get my vin soon… I’m going to……. I’m going to……..

just wait some more :(

I'm literally in the same boat as you with my MYP order.... ordered & finalized on 7/15/21 also, but I have a white & black interior on order (with tow). I ordered mine online but my SA is through the Tesla Brea store.

My EDD had been 8/9 - 8/29 all last week, and briefly said 7-9 weeks on Saturday, but since last weekend it's now been 8/13 - 8/29 every day this week. Still waiting on a VIN as well.

Reactions: jpy1980