Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gaps, misalignments, minor scuffs for interior but I ain't really concerned about those. Main issue were the side cameras, they showed an orange tint and the housings had wide gaps.
My MY also shows a slightly orange tint to the two side camera angles when they are viewed on the display. I’m not too concerned about them as most of the teslacam videos I have seen also are slightly off. Not sure if that is 100% a problem or by design.

Reactions: DanJae
What I Have Observed...

In the latest round of EDD roulette (disappear, re-appear), July and earlier orders most have fallen into the late October-November time frame. I have seen some August-September orders pushed out as far as March. Almost like MDY orders were "cleaved" in half. Also, we have seen piles of MDY castings in Fremont.

IDK, but something like this points to a Fremont line shutdown of the 3/Y for reconfiguration for V 2.0 possibly with front cast and structural battery tray. I'm betting we won't see 4680 cells until later next year, and first on the S/X.

Last edited:
Reactions: tangible1
I thought the side cams are optimized for FSD which is why there's a "tint"
Gaps, misalignments, minor scuffs for interior but I ain't really concerned about those. Main issue were the side cameras, they showed an orange tint and the housings had wide gaps.

I will add that the tint only shows up at night. In daylight they are perfectly fine. FYI.

M

Mine has been exactly the same range for a month also . I ordered July 28th but modified it a week later to include tow hitch . MYLR red with tow hitch and Gemini wheels .
I ordered MYLR 2 August it has been in 10 Dec - 30 Dec window for several weeks holding. My hunch is anything outside of 3Q isn’t really being looked at, and shortly after 3Q push is over these dates will be revisited. Hopefully I don’t move into 2022 but I’m just guessing will see lots of adjustments in early October.

What I Have Observed...

In the latest round of EDD roulette (disappear, re-appear), July and earlier orders most have fallen into the late October-November time frame. I have seen some August-September orders pushed out as far as March. Almost like MDY orders were "cleaved" in half. Also, we have seen piles of MDY castings in Fremont.

IDK, but something like this points to a Fremont line shutdown of the 3/Y for reconfiguration for V 2.0 possibly with front cast and structural battery tray. I'm betting we won't see 4680 cells until later next year, and first on the S/X.
I agree. Tesla is motivated to transition to F+R megacasts because they save cost + time. All signs point to a brief shutdown of the Fremont line to convert; won't take long.
They've said they can use the existing 2170 cells in a battery pack that'll fit that build.
I'll call that V1.5, and V2.0 will be using 4680 cells. I'd be happy to accept a MY V1.5 using 2170 cells.
I agree that it'll be mid-2022 before we see 4680 in any volume. There's been no triumphant noise from Tesla so safe to conclude they're still in 'engineering' mode on the 4680.
My order is on hold awaiting evidence the conversion is forthcoming.

I agree. Tesla is motivated to transition to F+R megacasts because they save cost + time. All signs point to a brief shutdown of the Fremont line to convert; won't take long.
They've said they can use the existing 2170 cells in a battery pack that'll fit that build.
I'll call that V1.5, and V2.0 will be using 4680 cells. I'd be happy to accept a MY V1.5 using 2170 cells.
I agree that it'll be mid-2022 before we see 4680 in any volume. There's been no triumphant noise from Tesla so safe to conclude they're still in 'engineering' mode on the 4680.
My order is on hold awaiting evidence the conversion is forthcoming.
What are signs of shut down? In any case would be terrific if we got some random upgrades for Oct/Nov deliveries!

Reactions: Ladybugn
What are signs of shut down? In any case would be terrific if we got some random upgrades for Oct/Nov deliveries!
1. large piles of both F+R megacasts on the Fremont lot. See TeslaFremontFlyover on youtube
2. many reports on this board of MY EDD movement to later dates in Q4 - suggests a Fremont shutdown
3. the noted cost + time saving to build MY using F+R megacasts
4. Elon stating there's a 'backup plan' using 2170 cells until 4680 becomes available
5. Austin GigaFactory low rate production delayed start; might be Oct, more like Nov, factory still seriously under construction, parts suppliers conditions unknown

1. large piles of both F+R megacasts on the Fremont lot. See TeslaFremontFlyover on youtube
2. many reports on this board of MY EDD movement to later dates in Q4 - suggests a Fremont shutdown
3. the noted cost + time saving to build MY using F+R megacasts
4. Elon stating there's a 'backup plan' using 2170 cells until 4680 becomes available
5. Austin GigaFactory low rate production delayed start; might be Oct, more like Nov, factory still seriously under construction, parts suppliers conditions unknown
Dam very cool if we can get Giga-Press made Y's. Only a couple weeks until Oct and we find out whether or not they'll be shutting down!!!

I would not be surprised to see Fremont MDY line shutdown briefly in January. They can deplete their stockpiles of castings during Q4, and deliver cars throughout the period. Orders will pile up beyond the already insane levels...
BUT!...... by, lets say early Feb, Fremont and Austin will be cranking out V 2.0 MDY at the speed of both front and rear castings.

Still not holding my breath on 4680 until late 2022.

I would not be surprised to see Fremont MDY line shutdown briefly in January. They can deplete their stockpiles of castings during Q4, and deliver cars throughout the period. Orders will pile up beyond the already insane levels...
BUT!...... by, lets say early Feb, Fremont and Austin will be cranking out V 2.0 MDY at the speed of both front and rear castings.

Still not holding my breath on 4680 until late 2022.
I suspect the Fremont shutdown will be sooner than later. Again, Q4 EDD's just went thru a revision to later dates.
Stockpiles of castings in Fremont are of both F+R varieties, and growing.
It would not make sense to hold F castings while using up R castings. Especially when each F casting saves them time and money in each chassis they build.

But all that's just speculation and IMO. We should make a friendly wager!