Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination Chargers at Sugarbush

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The busy Sunday of President's weekend was the first time I've seen the destination charger Row at Sugarbush full. 11 Teslas, a couple of Chevys and one ICEhole in an Audi.

Attachments

• IMG_4549.jpg
    IMG_4549.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4548.jpg
    IMG_4548.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: DrDabbles
I was there Tuesday. -9 at the summit and windy. Fun, fun, fun! I was the only Tesla plugged in, and got the full 80A. There were 2 Volts and a plug-in Pacifica at the J1772's.

If coming up 89 from the south, I'd consider ignoring the nav's routing of exit 5/64/12A and go to exit 9 and take 100B/100. It's only 10 minutes/15 mile longer, and takes you by the Berlin Supercharger at exit 7.

The direct route via 64/12A through Roxbury can be "challenging" - 1700 feet of elevation change up and over the mountain on Roxbury Mountain Rd (but the view of the valley from the summit is beautiful). Much of the route is unpaved. Sections were pretty rutted up and I had to go well under the speed limit. 100B/100 may have been faster. A friend in a rental SUV with all-seasons was sliding all over the place. I was OK with RWD and snows, but I didn't want to stop for fear of losing my momentum and not being able to get going again.

IMG_20190219_135520-small.jpg
IMG_20190219_134232-small.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: mociaf9
Unless you have a dual motor and winter tires;)...I drove it last night and it was in good shape. . Until mud season that is. A good source on Roxbury Gap's condition is Roxbury Gapstat on FB. If it is muddy, then the trick is exit 3 and CampBrook Road across Rochester Gap as that is paved the whole way.

I was there Tuesday. -9 at the summit and windy. Fun, fun, fun! I was the only Tesla plugged in, and got the full 80A. There were 2 Volts and a plug-in Pacifica at the J1772's.

If coming up 89 from the south, I'd consider ignoring the nav's routing of exit 5/64/12A and go to exit 9 and take 100B/100. It's only 10 minutes/15 mile longer, and takes you by the Berlin Supercharger at exit 7.

The direct route via 64/12A through Roxbury can be "challenging" - 1700 feet of elevation change up and over the mountain on Roxbury Mountain Rd (but the view of the valley from the summit is beautiful). Much of the route is unpaved. Sections were pretty rutted up and I had to go well under the speed limit. 100B/100 may have been faster. A friend in a rental SUV with all-seasons was sliding all over the place. I was OK with RWD and snows, but I didn't want to stop for fear of losing my momentum and not being able to get going again.

View attachment 379646 View attachment 379647

Yep, I learned that the hard way!
(I think it was Warren Mountain Road) freshly covered in snow, hardpaked ice underneath, steep and windy.
Lots of fun with RWD!!
The real challenge was making sure the Subaru behind me could not catch up.

The big plus side to taking Rt. 100N back is stopping at Lawson's for a beer

Reactions: Castlerock