Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Details Model 3 interior walk-through

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ugh, the more i see that interior the more I dislike it, hope a dark headlining is an option. Still wondering what the non PUP interior is going to be like without the glass roof and the basic centre console without the phone docking tray.
Seats look fine, but that wood trim is getting wrapped or replaced. That touchscreen better be intuitive as all heck, i may not like 1000 buttons and knobs, but i've never meet a button or touch sensitive volume control that i've liked in a car, where as a volume knob is simple and reliable, and your fingers don't tend to slide off if you hit a bump while driving on a real world road. Hopefullt the steering wheel rollers can be used as volume control amongst other functions and work intuitively.

At least we know that the boot has a release lever/button in the center on the outside (some were wondering if it was App /center scren only)

Reactions: N5329K
That touchscreen better be intuitive as all heck, i may not like 1000 buttons and knobs, but i've never meet a button or touch sensitive volume control that i've liked in a car, where as a volume knob is simple and reliable, and your fingers don't tend to slide off if you hit a bump while driving on a real world road. Hopefullt the steering wheel rollers can be used as volume control amongst other functions and work intuitively.
Go try the steering wheel roller in an S- about as easy and the least distracting as it gets!

I noticed these two great videos on Youtube. Just thought that they are too good not to share.

Walk-through of interiors. Probably the best ones from Youtube so far.

Walk-through of screen controls

Finally, an explanation / demonstration of features and functionality. The build quality appears quite solid and BMW, Mercedes, and Audi should be concerned. Audi may lose my A5 Sportback purchase if the Model 3 delivers on the ride and handling.

I no longer have doubts about the premium audio. It sounds incredible.

Still not a fan of the single screen. A lot of relearning to perform basic functions (i.e. HVAC air flow redirection, changing media - no FM?, etc.).

Like the dock for phone in the console

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic
Very useful videos. Thanks.
Takeaway:
1. Very nice seats, very nice cabin feel. Build quality looks quite good.
2. Way too much head-down time required from the driver to do the simplest things (do I really want to summon a wiper icon, identify it, press a touch-sensitive screen on a bumpy road, all just to swipe one bug off the windshield?).
The more I see of the interior, the less objectionable I find the parts aimed at passengers, and the more objectionable I find the parts aimed at the driver.
Maybe turning us all into passengers is part of Secret Master Plan #3?
Robin

• Love
Reactions: pjoseph
Let me add to the negativity...............I
t4501.gif
everything I see in the video!

Gah! the absolute worst is gonna be fumbling on the monitor for the wipers.
I believe the stalk on the left behind the steering wheel also controls the wipers.

I like what I see. I do agree that's too much head-down time initially but once we get used to the touchscreen and know where all the controls are, that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

I don't see an overhead sunglasses holder though. :(