Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

develop/2018.14.2 firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I have MCU2 and .14 froze and I had to restart. Then the .14.2 develop firmware came out and today my screens were black. Hopefully .14.2 non-dev is better. I had neither of these issues with .12 that the car came delivered with, only wifi not working.

.14 also caused issue with my old MCU1 X. The MCU was rebooting every X minutes even when driving.

No, I have MCU2 and .14 froze and I had to restart. Then the .14.2 develop firmware came out and today my screens were black. Hopefully .14.2 non-dev is better. I had neither of these issues with .12 that the car came delivered with, only wifi not working.

.14 also caused issue with my old MCU1 X. The MCU was rebooting every X minutes even when driving.
Interesting. Only new issu I observed on 2018.14 was this wierd green line in backup camera. Dropped off this morning at SC to get Performance Pedals installed. They said the green dotted line was a known firmware issue, although it as usually vertical. I’ll see what update I get tomorrow afternoon.
3E991D1C-138B-491E-845B-C0F4C8191753.jpeg

Did they have 2018.14? If they were targeted at all, I assume they want to replace the broken 2018.14. But with the speed of the rollout it may not matter.

I checked four random AP1 cars and all had had 2018.14, and two had had all three (2018.14 and 2018.14.2 (develop)). Take that for what it's worth!

Stuck on 2018.6.1641efac Posting because the last time I did, magic ferries pushed an update to me that was, imo, overdue. :)
Hoping that happens again! My car sleeps with a strong wifi signal every night, so, I've done all I can do at this point to encourage updates to find me. Hoping Elon does build in that feature that allows you to request a known update soon!

AP1 here went from develop/2018.14.2 to 2018.12.2 a8... don't see MCU updated or new maps. When should I be expecting those updates you think? Were there any other updates besides ones that were listed in notes (trunk/frunk app control)?

I got 2018.14.2 this morning. I don't see anything different so far. I've had a slew of issues since I picked up the car that I've been reporting. I suspect I'm pretty much at the front of the update line right now.

Still no notification about new maps. Not sure if my car is new enough that it just came with them. No point of reference.

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
got cluster map update today, put car on wifi last night only after coming back to car after work where no wifi did I see it was installed. Have-not noticed any updates on the big screen just the cluster.