Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looked today and now it’s March 1-29 arg. I keep looking hoping it will come sooner. Seems to be having a negative effect. Are a lot of model S LR having a 7 month delivery?
A movement way out like that has appeared to be a sign that your VIN might be coming soon. Things seems to get out of whack right before the EDD moves right back in. Let's hope that's the case.

Reactions: Sigma4Life
So I ordered 3/21, finally got a VIN 10/8 with delivery scheduled for 10/20. After assuring me a number of times the delivery time was good, they called me at 3pm the day before to let me know it failed inspection (something with HVAC) and they had to build a part in Fremont and mail here to fix before they can release and rescheduled me for this Friday.

As of today they still have no new info, haven’t received anything and seems like another reschedule is imminent. Has anyone else had this issue?
My wife's 2018 X had intermittent AC problems for a year. It took about 5-6 communications with Tesla to get it fixed, and all kinds of headaches on road trips (when the problem would show up). So, yeah, we've had the issue, where it was probably funky from the factory... and its better to be fixed on day 1.

I’m a recent order of a S LR, thought about getting the Plaid, but since I may be ordering a Y for the wife, I figured the S LR was enough for me.
Delivery stated as June when ordered, account now says March. Can’t wait!

Picked up today. The service center had it parked up front and actually had someone greet me to go over the car. Hugely different experience than when I got my MYP.

The only issue I’ve found so far is the frunk sometimes doesn’t completely open, it’s like it de-latches and rebounds back half closed. Scheduled a service appointment for it.

Also the rocker panels have a small gap where they aren’t fully adhered to the car by the wheel wells, but it’s a gap only I would notice.

All in all Im extremely satisfied.

79C25AC0-1CCC-489E-B94A-1FAB6131D16F.jpeg
BD72E6D8-422F-4E0D-AE87-5234DD75C3D1.jpeg

P.S. - First thing I did when I got home was take a heat gun to that front plate.

49BC1ED7-F340-41EC-874F-78D7555DF3A4.jpeg23ED295A-61F6-45F1-8A70-C6B24E126E2E.jpeg974ABFBE-261F-480A-8903-483A20DF3931.jpeg
8D58A257-9CCB-4A55-A5F1-9F3A965D365E.jpeg

Picked up today. The service center had it parked up front and actually had someone greet me to go over the car. Hugely different experience than when I got my MYP.

The only issue I’ve found so far is the frunk sometimes doesn’t completely open, it’s like it de-latches and rebounds back half closed. Scheduled a service appointment for it.

Also the rocker panels have a small gap where they aren’t fully adhered to the car by the wheel wells, but it’s a gap only I would notice.

All in all Im extremely satisfied.

View attachment 730159View attachment 730160

P.S. - First thing I did when I got home was take a heat gun to that front plate.

View attachment 730164View attachment 730161View attachment 730162View attachment 730163
Did you pick this up at the Plano Service Center? Saw a bunch of these on Friday when I drove thru. Looks great! I presume you’re not worried about not having a front plate here in TX? My EDD still 16-31 Dec for past six weeks or more…hope it moves up soon..

Did you pick this up at the Plano Service Center? Saw a bunch of these on Friday when I drove thru. Looks great! I presume you’re not worried about not having a front plate here in TX? My EDD still 16-31 Dec for past six weeks or more…hope it moves up soon..
Yeah the one on Democracy.

As far as the front plate goes, I’ve only been harassed over it by one state trooper in the last decade. I’d rather take the risk of the citation since the aesthetic reward is greater.

Well, it seems that I have jinxed myself. My 7/13/21 order had an EDD of Dec 16-31 for about six or seven weeks, and I was hoping it would change to an earlier date. Instead, it's now Feb 26 - Mar 26, 2022. WTH? It has not moved for a week now - even though I was hoping it would pull back. Anyone else experience this or can explain it? So frustrated right now...

Well, it seems that I have jinxed myself. My 7/13/21 order had an EDD of Dec 16-31 for about six or seven weeks, and I was hoping it would change to an earlier date. Instead, it's now Feb 26 - Mar 26, 2022. WTH? It has not moved for a week now - even though I was hoping it would pull back. Anyone else experience this or can explain it? So frustrated right now...
I’ve been waiting almost 8 months with EDD moving every time I get in or near the window. My original window was 10-14 weeks, then August and now Nov. 19-Dec. 5. There are many more waiting even longer.

I’ve been waiting almost 8 months with EDD moving every time I get in or near the window. My original window was 10-14 weeks, then August and now Nov. 19-Dec. 5. There are many more waiting even longer.
Any update on your EDD? I have your same configuration. EDD just changed on Sunday back to Nov 26 - Dec 9 - but I have little faith it will stay there. Hope yours does.

I have the same RN and config. Most recent EDD window was Nov 22 - Dec 6. Got VIN assigned yesterday, on 11/17. Car's birthday was 11/15. The car is scheduled to be in Plano SC around 11/29-11/30. Your VIN must be coming very soon. Super excited.

Reactions: plantpower73