Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dickinson, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Missed it by THAT much. Chillin in Medora instead of chargin in Dickenson. Some day i94 will have more Teslas.
15646157705582868661509185590694.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9 and Zaxxon
I did that. But the Dickenson group came ut to visit and then we all went to lunch.View attachment 436301
... Medora campground manager would not allow me to go to lunch while I was paying to charge during the day. She said I had to remain with my vehicle just in case an RV needed my spot. During the 4 days I was in Medora, I never saw an RV in the short non pull through RV pad that I used.

... Medora campground manager would not allow me to go to lunch while I was paying to charge during the day. She said I had to remain with my vehicle just in case an RV needed my spot. During the 4 days I was in Medora, I never saw an RV in the short non pull through RV pad that I used.

Did you not pay for the spot? I paid for a night last summer and just rented the spot. Tough to kick me out in that case!

Reactions: Big Earl
We have the marking flags, we have a completed plan (for 500 days), and now we have the pre-construction meeting in a few weeks... digging SHOULD happen shortly after that meeting. Fingers crossed the teams from Canada are heading south as they complete their projects up there and then come to i-94.

Do you have details on the date/time/location of the pre-construction meeting? I'd love to attend.

Did you not pay for the spot? I paid for a night last summer and just rented the spot. Tough to kick me out in that case!
The story is long and complicated if you want to hear it.

Arrived a day early for my reservation and asked to charge for a few hours. They said they were full even though not all the spots were currently occupied. So I asked them to check on my nights reservation for the next day. Only then did they allow me to charge for a few hours the day before my reservation. We talk about how other RV parks accommodate electric cars, and they tell me that yes, many RVs leave in the morning and that check in isn't until 2pm, so from 9am to 2pm, there would almost certainly be plenty of places to charge. Arrived the next morning at 10am, and they told me that check in wasn't until 2pm. Asked them if my reserved spot was currently occupied. In fact it was not. Told them that even though I had reserved the entire night, I intended to return for my car when I had enough energy in my battery. Finally they let me occupy my reserved spot. Two days later I arrived to charge and they told me they had decided on a day rate of $15. I said great. Asked them it the spot I had been using - which had shade - was reserved for that current night and they said yes it was, so I would have to use a different spot that has no shade. I would have to remain with my vehicle, even though I paid $15, there was no current reservation for the sunny spot, but just in case, I need to stay with the vehicle in case an RV needed the spot. I said - but check in time isn't until 2pm, can't I leave the car and return at 2pm? No, an RV might need the spot. Curious soul that I am, I returned at 6am the next morning to see if the shady spot with the 'reservation' had been filled. Nope. So I plugged in and topped off before leaving Dodge.

They acted real nice, but when I showed up at 10am, they said I should come at 2pm. When I showed up at 4pm, they said it really would be better if I were to show up at 9am. When I asked them if the spot I was using was reserved they lied to me. When I paid for a day rate, they forced me to remain with my vehicle, even though the reservation check in time was latter than when I told them I would leave.

I expect that once Miles City and Dickenson have super chargers, hotels will get destination chargers.

Last edited:
I assume the isue is that most RV's park and use the electricity for lights, TV, and the occasional hair dryer - whereas you are running maximum current for several hours straight.

How does ND charge businesses for electricity? I know some Canadian provinces have peak metering - along with consumption, you also pay a peak rate - based on the maximum Kw your meter hit that month. If so, having one or more cars drawing 240V-32A even for a few hours could really mess up their electricity bill compared to a few RV's plugged in watching TV. Too many cars might even pop their main breaker?

Still, they sound like *****s. Still, say what you mean and do what you say. If they were saving the good spot for an RV customer, just say so. If they were worried they'd lose an overnight customer because you were day charging, say so of figure out how to be sure to fix things. (Hint "park over there until the guy gets back.. he'll be done in 2 more hours. We have his cellphone number if he doesn't show up") So many ways they could have handled this better.

Reactions: Utah John
So either big update of a date for a big update or an actual big update, later today. Either way, definitely progress happening.
Stop teasing. Just come with real info if/when you get it. I can't take seeing that there is a new post in a thread of a ND supercharger location only to find out no new information. I know lightfoot3b is working hard behind the scenes and I do appreciate it. But dammit Tesla let's do this already.

Reactions: badronald