Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla just kill the Model S 75D?

Snow Drift

[Off-Road Assist] Activated
Feb 10, 2016
Long Island
That’s like asking if the BMW M3 takes sales from the 5-series. It doesn’t attract the same buyers.

If you want a mid-sized track car, you wouldn’t be looking at the Model S.

If you want a full-sized, soft suspension tuned and more refined car, then you aren’t looking at the smaller Model 3 (especially the Performance).

You often get performance overlap between the sportiest top-of-the-line smaller model and base model larger size car from any manufacturer. The S is obviously a much older design too and due a major refresh pretty soon. Again this happens a lot in the automotive industry with staggered model replacements. When the next gen S eventually comes out, the Model 3 will then become the older model etc.

Reactions: MarkS22
Love my S. 3 needs a heads up display on the dual motor, with white interior, before I buy the 3... I’m in the ready to configure mode... just waiting... Tesla, are you listening?

HAha. Very concerning. So you already have "heads-up" on your dual motor S, and it has a white interior? Do you have any car with heads-up with a white interior? BMW? Volvo? Lexus? Mazda? As for buying the 3, I'm in the already configured already got mine mode. Why are you waiting? More than likely because there are 400,000 orders in front of you. I don't think Tesla cares much about people with set ideas about what they want. If you don't buy what they've got, somebody else will. That's profit. For the next two years. I got mine because it's electric. All those "heads-up" cars aren't.

Why are people so ga-ga about heads up? They still want to fiddle with the radio, use the cell phone, and crash with amazing regularity into cars ahead of them rather than look out the front window. Heads-up? How about "brain-on" first. Glancing six inches below the window isn't what's causing the accidents. That's why it's illegal in CA to drive holding a cell phone.

• Disagree
Reactions: gavine and dethman

SeaDoc

2018 P3 on FSD Beta & 2022 X Plaid FSD
Dec 31, 2016
Palm Desert, CA
The absence of the speedometer/tachometer behind the steering wheel is too much of a leap for me. I know people don't mind looking at the left side of the center monitor for all their information, but I think a head's up display would be an ideal option for those of us who 'have issues'... to each is own...

HAha. Very concerning. So you already have "heads-up" on your dual motor S, and it has a white interior? Do you have any car with heads-up with a white interior? BMW? Volvo? Lexus? Mazda? As for buying the 3, I'm in the already configured already got mine mode. Why are you waiting? More than likely because there are 400,000 orders in front of you. I don't think Tesla cares much about people with set ideas about what they want. If you don't buy what they've got, somebody else will. That's profit. For the next two years. I got mine because it's electric. All those "heads-up" cars aren't.

Why are people so ga-ga about heads up? They still want to fiddle with the radio, use the cell phone, and crash with amazing regularity into cars ahead of them rather than look out the front window. Heads-up? How about "brain-on" first. Glancing six inches below the window isn't what's causing the accidents. That's why it's illegal in CA to drive holding a cell phone.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC