Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone interested in an Enhanced Autopilot Subscription?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently, Tesla offers the ability to purchase Enhanced Autopilot for a one-time $6k payment and Full Self-Driving Capability for a one-time $12k payment. As an alternative, Tesla offers the ability to subscribe to Full Self-Driving Capability for $199/month. However, Tesla does not offer an Enhanced Autopilot subscription.

Would anyone be interested in the ability to subscribe to Enhanced Autopilot for ~$99/month?

As I'll be doing a great deal of highway driving and don't care for one-time software purchases, a subscription to Enhanced Autopilot at around $100/month price point is far more enticing. Is anyone else in this boat? Depending on interest, I'll be glad to write a formal request to Tesla.

Reactions: enemji
Currently, Tesla offers the ability to purchase Enhanced Autopilot for a one-time $6k payment and Full Self-Driving Capability for a one-time $12k payment. As an alternative, Tesla offers the ability to subscribe to Full Self-Driving Capability for $199/month. However, Tesla does not offer an Enhanced Autopilot subscription.

Would anyone be interested in the ability to subscribe to Enhanced Autopilot for ~$99/month?

As I'll be doing a great deal of highway driving and don't care for one-time software purchases, a subscription to Enhanced Autopilot at around $100/month price point is far more enticing. Is anyone else in this boat? Depending on interest, I'll be glad to write a formal request to Tesla.
I would definitely sign up for a subscription price of $99/month for Enhanced Autopilot. Just took delivery of my 2022 Model X and have now driven it on an extended road trip of 2000 miles. Basic Autopilot is NOT impressive.

Reactions: PianoAl
Upvote 0
It's odd that the Tesla website does list the 99 dollar EAP subscription but I'm not sure what regions have access to this. for 99 a month, I'd get me some EAP especially if I know I have a road trip coming up.
I see this listed on the Tesla website too, but it is not an option in my app either. I can only choose the FSD subscription or the options to buy FSD or buy EAP

Upvote 0
I would be very interested in subscribing to the enhanced auto pilot for $99 a month. I'm not a fan of the full paid autopilot version(s). I had a 2019 Model 3 and paid for full self driving software. My car was just in an accident and declared a total loss. The FSD software remains fixed to the car VIN, so I have lost all of that value. I did just purchase a 2022 model Y that has basic Autopilot . And I thought I could update to the enhanced auto pilot subscription for a $99 a month. It doesn't seem to be available now.

Upvote 0
I just bought a used 2019 model S from a private dealer, it had Full self driving when I bought it Friday, switched ownership with Tesla and it disappeared (kind of odd as it never went back to Tesla), I didn't realize plain autopilot is so good, probably don't need EAP or FSD but nice to have.....I just did the $199 for the month to see if I like it but will likely cancel as it is too much money

for $99/month I would do EAP for sure.....$6000 is too much but I like the subscription option if they ever have it

Upvote 0
I just bought a used 2019 model S from a private dealer, it had Full self driving when I bought it Friday, switched ownership with Tesla and it disappeared (kind of odd as it never went back to Tesla), I didn't realize plain autopilot is so good, probably don't need EAP or FSD but nice to have.....I just did the $199 for the month to see if I like it but will likely cancel as it is too much money

for $99/month I would do EAP for sure.....$6000 is too much but I like the subscription option if they ever have it

If I purchased a car with FSD, and Tesla removed it (a feature worth $15,000) I would be raising holy hell, not shrugging my shoulders and saying "oh well, I don't like FSD that much any way". They have no right to take away a feature that the previous owner paid for... one of the infuriating things about FSD is that it STAYS WITH THE CAR rather than staying with the person who purchased the feature.

Keith

Upvote 0
If I purchased a car with FSD, and Tesla removed it (a feature worth $15,000) I would be raising holy hell, not shrugging my shoulders and saying "oh well, I don't like FSD that much any way". They have no right to take away a feature that the previous owner paid for... one of the infuriating things about FSD is that it STAYS WITH THE CAR rather than staying with the person who purchased the feature.

Keith
I'm not just shrugging my shoulders, planning on calling today, I do feel like maybe it was a subscription as the subscription for enhanced connectivity ended yesterday (I extended it for a year).
I am really pissed because one of the main reasons I bought the car was FSD or at least I would have offered less without it (I was looking for one with enhanced autopilot).

Upvote 0
It was probably just a subscription to FSD, and they don't transfer with an ownership change.
The more I think about it the more I think this may be it....it coincided with when the "enhanced connectivity" subscription from the prior owner expired
although wouldn't it have said it under software where it says "Autopilot" (underneath it would have said FSD subscription or something like that)

Upvote 0
Tesla confirmed that it is a subscription, they also said the car was returned to tesla at the end of lease (it was an off lease car but carfax didn’t show that it was returned to tesla). Anyhow, it stinks as I would have probably bought another one that I was looking at with EA on the main software screen.

either way I will try out FSD this month and decide whether the extra features are worth it or not

Upvote 0
Tesla confirmed that it is a subscription, they also said the car was returned to tesla at the end of lease (it was an off lease car but carfax didn’t show that it was returned to tesla). Anyhow, it stinks as I would have probably bought another one that I was looking at with EA on the main software screen.

either way I will try out FSD this month and decide whether the extra features are worth it or not

Did the dealership advertise it as having FSD? If so, you have recourse there. Also, yes, on the software screen it would have said “expiring in” right under the full self driving verbiage.

Upvote 0
I am in the same boat. I was looking to possibly purchase EAP. It def is NOT $99 a month. I believe it's that price if you already paid for EAP and now want to pay monthly for FSD. But if you don't already have EAP, then the price you pay is $199 a month. I was thinking, I'll go ahead and buy it. BUT, then I am researching and nearly everywhere say it's too expensive (which I agree).

I really value this at $3k for Navigate on autopilot, Auto Lane Change, and AutoPark. To be honest, those are the only things out of the EAP that work at a minimum of %70 correct every time. Keep in mind, auto lane change and auto park are features that are offered by other car companies. ALSO keep in mind, you do NOT get to keep this if you buy another car, or sell it.

For the Smart Summon and Summon, from every review out there, it looks like it is in level 1 for trial/beta. Not usable, dependable, ready for everyday use. Maybe summon. These are things that you can opt in for $1k. A very low percentage will actually purchase this. HOWEVER, if it actually becomes a dependable feature that works 80% of the time correctly (not ghost stopping, pausing while coming to you, driving at below beginner level of speed, random long stops, etc.) If this gets to a point where it's actually usable, 1K is def a price many would pay to use this.

Add both and you get 4k. That's 2k less than what Tesla is asking from it's users but does not penalize the once who would pay for the lane change and navigate on autopilot with adding extra feature that are currently a waste of money.

As for FSD, when it actually get released (possibly 5+years from now) a large percentage of drivers will pass on their cars to a family member or sell it. That means none of them will keep their FSD they purchased. Financially it makes very little sense.

Charge customers $5k for them to be test dummies for FSD because it's not a "full self driving" feature yet. When it is actually ready and I can get into my car and say "take me home", "take me to work", etc... and I have to do less than 1% assistance, THEN SELL ME THE FSD FOR 10K. People who already paid for the EAP will need to pay an additional 5k to unlock it. AND, new car owners will opt in for 10k extra when they purchase their new Tesla. For users who will give their Teslas to their kids or relatives, they can opt to pay for it as a gift of the added 5k assuming they already paid for EAP.

Although this is all in a magic world, I strongly believe a massive percentage of Tesla owners will opt in for EAP, then the summon when it's ready and will gladly pay for FSD when it's difference. as of right now....

$6K for 3 features that work okay. other 2 don't.
and $15K for something that doesn't.

It makes no sense.

Upvote 0
I am in the same boat. I was looking to possibly purchase EAP. It def is NOT $99 a month. I believe it's that price if you already paid for EAP and now want to pay monthly for FSD. But if you don't already have EAP, then the price you pay is $199 a month. I was thinking, I'll go ahead and buy it. BUT, then I am researching and nearly everywhere say it's too expensive (which I agree).

I really value this at $3k for Navigate on autopilot, Auto Lane Change, and AutoPark. To be honest, those are the only things out of the EAP that work at a minimum of %70 correct every time. Keep in mind, auto lane change and auto park are features that are offered by other car companies. ALSO keep in mind, you do NOT get to keep this if you buy another car, or sell it.

For the Smart Summon and Summon, from every review out there, it looks like it is in level 1 for trial/beta. Not usable, dependable, ready for everyday use. Maybe summon. These are things that you can opt in for $1k. A very low percentage will actually purchase this. HOWEVER, if it actually becomes a dependable feature that works 80% of the time correctly (not ghost stopping, pausing while coming to you, driving at below beginner level of speed, random long stops, etc.) If this gets to a point where it's actually usable, 1K is def a price many would pay to use this.

Add both and you get 4k. That's 2k less than what Tesla is asking from it's users but does not penalize the once who would pay for the lane change and navigate on autopilot with adding extra feature that are currently a waste of money.

As for FSD, when it actually get released (possibly 5+years from now) a large percentage of drivers will pass on their cars to a family member or sell it. That means none of them will keep their FSD they purchased. Financially it makes very little sense.

Charge customers $5k for them to be test dummies for FSD because it's not a "full self driving" feature yet. When it is actually ready and I can get into my car and say "take me home", "take me to work", etc... and I have to do less than 1% assistance, THEN SELL ME THE FSD FOR 10K. People who already paid for the EAP will need to pay an additional 5k to unlock it. AND, new car owners will opt in for 10k extra when they purchase their new Tesla. For users who will give their Teslas to their kids or relatives, they can opt to pay for it as a gift of the added 5k assuming they already paid for EAP.

Although this is all in a magic world, I strongly believe a massive percentage of Tesla owners will opt in for EAP, then the summon when it's ready and will gladly pay for FSD when it's difference. as of right now....

$6K for 3 features that work okay. other 2 don't.
and $15K for something that doesn't.

It makes no sense.
Hold off on buying it. Keep renting it if you want the EAP features, and you can test out FSD Beta when it goes wide. The only reason to buy it is to lock yourself into the price and give yourself some hardware upgrades (like new cameras), which renters don't get. Right now, with $15K, that's just over 6 years of rental to break even. If you are going to hold onto the car for 7+ years, then financially it makes sense to buy FSD. If you only hold onto your cars for about 5-6 years, then rental makes more sense.

Reactions: JerseyMike
Upvote 0

Yes, I would ber interested in a $100.00 per month subscription.

Upvote 0

Please do. Ryan Shaw has already posted this as being available but I haven’t seen it in my app. Only FSD is available for me. I’d love it since FSD still isn’t fully available to begin with.

Upvote 0