Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did the Price go up again? 03-15-22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true. My reservation was on March 1 for MYLR, I was able to change it this morning to MYP, same spec. Again the configurator let me do it, hadn't locked me out yet. I got the old price. If it is locked, I guess its a lot harder and may be even not possible.
Can you double check your price for the MYP? It's in Tesla's standard terms that any configuration change (besides FSD) will automatically flip you into the new pricing structure, which is now $3K higher than it was yesterday.

Can you double check your price for the MYP? It's in Tesla's standard terms that any configuration change (besides FSD) will automatically flip you into the new pricing structure, which is now $3K higher than it was yesterday.
I have the new Order Agreement, the base price change went from 61990 to 64990 (White/White interior) - MYLR was (58990+2k wheels+1k white interior) / MYP (63990+1k white interior). Also seen in other thread that config change did change the final price, I guess since my MYLR was out in Sep it hadn't locked me out yet to change the cofig.

Reactions: JimMay
I have the new Order Agreement, the base price change went from 61990 to 64990 (White/White interior) - MYLR was (58990+2k wheels+1k white interior) / MYP (63990+1k white interior). Also seen in other thread that config change did change the final price, I guess since my MYLR was out in Sep it hadn't locked me out yet to change the cofig.
Interesting, so I guess it's not absolute as long as they allow you to do this in the config. I assume if you called Tesla SA they might hit you with the price increase.

Falcon, so u went from LR to P w/o any increase ? did u get a May ship date for the P now ? I'm thinking of doing the same but don't want to jeopardize my order agreement to a higher

Not true. My reservation was on March 1 for MYLR, I was able to change it this morning to MYP, same spec. Again the configurator let me do it, hadn't locked me out yet. I got the old price. If it is locked, I guess its a lot harder and may be even not possible.
Not sure if something is different now, but in the past you always needed to call to change your configuration. I tried changing my MYLR to a MYP last year right after one of the price increases and was told I could, but only at the new cost which I had to respond to agree to via text.

Amazing. Since the low price of LR (AWD) of $49K in Feb-Mar 2021, the price has increased to $63K. A 29% increase.

Tesla Model Y Base Price History (4).png

Chart shows trims available to order online in US. The chart and and others can be found here,

Yeah, I ordered January 2020, then put it on hold till September 2021, so I will pay $14,000 less than the current price!
When is your delivery? Curious. Tesla prioritizes highest paying first and those who are far behind in pprice often keep getting pushed to the point of cancelling…which is what Tesla wants. Do you have a full EDD? What trim?

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
Good if you are already an owner, bad if you are looking to purchase. If I were doing it again today, I'd have to think long and hard about it at current prices...
Agreed. Bit other than Kia EV6 and Hyundai ioniq5, that other compelling models are there yet? After research one will usually come to the same conclusion…’sh-t…it’s still worth it’ lol

Unless going Taycan and Audi GT territory…