Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diono Radian RXT & Clek Foonf Owners - Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Diono angle adjuster work great. I have one for each of the older Radian RXT. They are basically thick foam pads to position the Diono. In rear facing, placed underneath, on my other car, it helped move the car seat aft a few inches for more clearance to the front passenger seatbacks. In forward position, I place the at the seat back low on every car I use. This includes Model 3. Give the kids more recline for those long naps made possible with me parked waiting in an EV while mom runs into the store. It keeps the kids shoes off the seat. It does get them closer to the driver seat back which introduces the occasional kick of the preschooler and reprimand by the driver. I use no protection/covers for the seats. The black seat material is durable and the cushion dents relax by the next day when the seats are removed.

I use the latch plus car seat belts when securing the seats. Latch is only rated for 65lbs thereabouts. The Diono seats weigh 25lbs, which is higher than most. When child hits 40lb, the Diono require removing the shock absorber and the real seat belts must be used. Despite warning labels, I feel the Latch system can be misused. The tether is really the only robust thing of the Latch system.

Last edited:
We got the Radian 3R instead. Tight fit with the rear facing maxi cosi but I managed to fit them all in.

Decided against the Foonf because you can't take off the covers to wash.

View attachment 340713

Resurrecting this old thread since I'm looking for a second car seat. I'd like to do similar to what you did and have a rear-facing seat behind the passenger and a front facing seat in the center, keeping the space behind the driver unoccupied. We currently have a Britax Boulevard front facing in the center and a Britax Infant B-Safe 35 that goes behind the passenger. I'm thinking of getting a Diono Radian for the center and move the Britax to behind the passenger, but don't know if it's going to fit.

Which Maxi-Cosi is that? Is it a Pria 85? I'd like to look up the dimensions to get an idea of it's close to our Britax to see if I can put a Diono next to it.

I love the Britax. We have two of those in the BMW 750. We have the Diono in the Model 3. I don't think you will be able to get three across. The Britax's are too wide. I can try it out if you want.

Resurrecting this old thread since I'm looking for a second car seat. I'd like to do similar to what you did and have a rear-facing seat behind the passenger and a front facing seat in the center, keeping the space behind the driver unoccupied. We currently have a Britax Boulevard front facing in the center and a Britax Infant B-Safe 35 that goes behind the passenger. I'm thinking of getting a Diono Radian for the center and move the Britax to behind the passenger, but don't know if it's going to fit.

Which Maxi-Cosi is that? Is it a Pria 85? I'd like to look up the dimensions to get an idea of it's close to our Britax to see if I can put a Diono next to it.

I love the Britax. We have two of those in the BMW 750. We have the Diono in the Model 3. I don't think you will be able to get three across. The Britax's are too wide. I can try it out if you want.

Not trying to get 3 across, but I guess it's kind of a similar question because I want the Britax and the Diono side-by-side with the Britax facing rear behind the passenger and the Diono facing forward in the center.

I've got the Diono on order, so I'll be able to see for myself soon.

Not trying to get 3 across, but I guess it's kind of a similar question because I want the Britax and the Diono side-by-side with the Britax facing rear behind the passenger and the Diono facing forward in the center.

I've got the Diono on order, so I'll be able to see for myself soon.

I’ve got 3 across in my car currently. Two britax marathons and a graco tranzitions.

F605DE33-A044-40F4-8329-94F42B7EA579.jpeg

Reactions: bradhs
I’ve got 3 across in my car currently. Two britax marathons and a graco tranzitions.

That gives me hope if you can put two Marathons next to each other facing different directions. I want the seats in the opposite configuration, though, with the center one forward facing. (Basically applying the dicta that rear facing is safer than forward and center position is safer than side to give both children the best chance possible if in an accident...)

I had the Radian RXT installed in the rear facing config on the rear passenger side seat. It almost fully obscured my rear passenger window. I ended up moving that seat into my CUV and using a Graco 4 Ever seat in the Model 3.
Tony, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of the Graco in rear facing mode in the Model 3 would you? i'm looking to purchase the same car seat but want to see how it looks and the spacing.

Two radian rxt and a Graco infant seat fit, and I’m 6’2”. It’s a little tight to snap in the infant seat but works. A more narrow infant seat would make fit it slightly better.

Attachments

• 70D5D6EE-394B-4066-AAC0-DDAE80E57088.jpeg
    70D5D6EE-394B-4066-AAC0-DDAE80E57088.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 271
  • Informative
Reactions: akidesir
Just an update for anyone coming around in the future with similar questions. I have a Radian 3R front-facing (seat belt attached) in the center and a Britax Boulevard rear-facing (LATCH attached) behind the passenger. The front passenger seat can go far enough back to fit an average-height adult. With a seat belt extender, a skinny adult can fit uncomfortably behind the driver.

Update as well, both Clek fllo and foonf fit rear facing. It's a tighter squeeze with the foonf rear facing because it's higher due to the base.
I’ve zeroed in on Clek for my TM3 but not on a model.
Any recommendation between Foonf and Fllo? I can’t decide and differences seem minor between the two
Also, how easy to put/remove a toddler in/from a rear-facing seat?

Many thanks

I’ve zeroed in on Clek for my TM3 but not on a model.
Any recommendation between Foonf and Fllo? I can’t decide and differences seem minor between the two
Also, how easy to put/remove a toddler in/from a rear-facing seat?

Many thanks
The foonf has the ability to recline, though I can't say we actually used it. It has bars that extend and clip rather than dealing belts, making it easier to remove and put back.

Rear facing is doable with the foonf, just not as easy as it was compared a higher vehicle. I haven't tried the fllo rear facing in the model 3, but I think it should be easier.

Best is to go to a local store and check out the comparison yourself. Maybe see if they can even let you install thier demo model. I have yet to try the fllo in the model 3, but will sometime early next year when my other kid is bigger.