Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diono Radian RXT & Clek Foonf Owners - Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
late post but this helped us a lot - model 3 owner with an 8 month old, we bought the Radian 3RXT, did not fit with my fiancé driving (6ft) or (me 5”6ft) without majorly comprising leg room, the middle was also not an option as we have a 4 year old half the time. Ended up going with the Evenflo EVERYKID 4in1, fits great and no compromise on leg room wether it’s behind the passenger or driver.

I didn't try it since I had the seat in the middle, but for rear facing radian rxt there is a foam angle piece you can get if you need more leg room in the front. We used it in our ford escape that didn't have enough room even in the middle seat. That is the main downside of the radian rxt I think. It is fairly tall so in rear facing configuration it can stick surprisingly far forward.

Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
The Diono Radian RXT when rear facing needed the foam angle adjuster on the Subaru Outback and the Camry. When switching to Model 3/Y, the kids were already forward facing. On the Model 3, I used the foam piece behind the seat back forward facing for more recline so the kids head stay back between the side head rest when sleeping. On the Model Y, I use it as well; though, I could recline the back seat angle and do away with the foam for increased leg room and cabin space (less trunk space). Just saying there’s a secondary use for the $20 foam piece once the kids go forward facing.

All,

With my Model 3 order in, I'm starting to look at car seat options. I'm eyeing the Diono Radian RXT (or even the Rainer) as well as the Clek Foonf. I would ideally like to keep it in the center seat in the rear for maximum safety and to accommodate rear passengers.

Looking to hear some feedback from people who have either of these seats installed. How do you find the fit of them? With both of them around 17" width, did that make a significant difference space wise?

This would be my first time purchasing a convertible car seat and safety is top priority. I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers!
Hi Tony_YYZ - This is my dilemma. Were you successful with the Diono in the center seat and Clek on the side? Let me know how it worked out. Thanks

Hi Tony_YYZ - This is my dilemma. Were you successful with the Diono in the center seat and Clek on the side? Let me know how it worked out. Thanks
Hi!

So I ended up buying the Diono Radian RXT originally. I used it with the angle adjuster and installed it on the rear passenger seat in the rear facing configuration. I found that it blocked too much of the window and made it hard for my to check blindspots. I eventually moved that seat over to my RAV4 and bought a Graco 4Ever seat for the Model 3. The Graco seat is wider but is less intrusive around the upper portion when in the rear facing config.

When I deployed te Diono in the center seat, it was not that great for getting people in the back seat plus it was more of a pain to load/unload my baby. That’s why I moved it over to the passenger side seat.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi!

So I ended up buying the Diono Radian RXT originally. I used it with the angle adjuster and installed it on the rear passenger seat in the rear facing configuration. I found that it blocked too much of the window and made it hard for my to check blindspots. I eventually moved that seat over to my RAV4 and bought a Graco 4Ever seat for the Model 3. The Graco seat is wider but is less intrusive around the upper portion when in the rear facing config.

When I deployed te Diono in the center seat, it was not that great for getting people in the back seat plus it was more of a pain to load/unload my baby. That’s why I moved it over to the passenger side seat.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Apologies if you already answered this, but how’s the front passenger leg-room when you have the Graco 4ever rear-facing?

Apologies if you already answered this, but how’s the front passenger leg-room when you have the Graco 4ever rear-facing?
No worries. The front leg room is great. The Graco has an extendable back rest so you can click it down to a smaller setting for your rear facing baby. The Diono is at a fixed height which ate up a lot of room into the front seat area.

Reactions: woodisgood
No worries. The front leg room is great. The Graco has an extendable back rest so you can click it down to a smaller setting for your rear facing baby. The Diono is at a fixed height which ate up a lot of room into the front seat area.

Awesome, thanks for the info! Looks like the Graco is a strong contender. I wanted the Diono but she’s got about 6 months that she’ll need to be rear-facing in a convertible and she has an older brother, so center is out.

Awesome, thanks for the info! Looks like the Graco is a strong contender. I wanted the Diono but she’s got about 6 months that she’ll need to be rear-facing in a convertible and she has an older brother, so center is out.
Yeah with owning both, I honestly prefer the Graco more. The only thing the Diono has going for it over the Graco is it's slimness. Otherwise I like the harness, adjustability, dual cup holders and varying angle adjustments of the Graco more.

They are both steel reinforced units so safety seems to be top notch in both.

Reactions: woodisgood
Confirmed today that the Clek Foonf and Oobr fit perfectly in the Model 3. I also have the "Mat-Thingy" under each. These don't dig into the seats at all, unlike the Diono Rainiers in our Model S. Kids love them, and I love how they match my white interior!

View attachment 340466
Sorry to bring this up after so much time but I have the same white interior and car seat, plus I just picked up the mat. Did you have abs indentation issues or color transfer from the mat. Any advice you’ll be appreciated.