Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Direct Line Renewal ££££

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Iv'e just had my insurance renewal through from Direct line and wanted to check if anyone else has seen the same increase.

Model S Performance 69 plate 20k miles per year

Last years Cost £840
This year Costs £1298

This looks like a big increase

Does anyone know of any other competitive insurers, I've tried Gocompare and the quotes are ridiculous

thanks in advance

My renewal is due for both cars. DL had risen around 30%, got a better quote from LV.

However, I tried DL as a new customer, and guess what, price quoted was less than this year.

They must make more more by depending on inertia, some people must not be bothered what it costs [or can't be bothered to shop around], and they know it.

Regards,

Tony

Reactions: ringi and Phil1710
Hi all

Iv'e just had my insurance renewal through from Direct line and wanted to check if anyone else has seen the same increase.

Last years Cost £840
This year Costs £1298

Does anyone know of any other competitive insurers, I've tried Gocompare and the quotes are ridiculous

thanks in advance
Try confused.com they are usually cheaper than other comparison sites I find

My renewal is due for both cars. DL had risen around 30%, got a better quote from LV.

However, I tried DL as a new customer, and guess what, price quoted was less than this year.

They must make more more by depending on inertia, some people must not be bothered what it costs [or can't be bothered to shop around], and they know it.

Regards,

Tony
Exactly this, they rely on people just auto renewing. Every year the renewal quote is far higher for existing customers that's why you need to shop around each year. For the past 10 - 15 years or so, I've flipped backwards and forwards between insurance companies, mainly LV and DL.New customer quotes are always lower than existing customer quotes.

Reactions: JS77
Price hike from existing insurer appears to be standard practice, but that looks like yours just doesn’t fancy keeping customers with your profile.

Coincidentally, I just had mine through from LV. It rose by 12% from £772 to £865 which I thought wasn’t too bad. I did a search on a comparison site and got offered £678 with Churchill. All the other prices on that search were up around the figures you were quoted.

Hi all

Last years Cost £840
This year Costs £1298

thanks in advance
Insurers put it up every year as far as I can tell though that is a particularly big one.
I usually get a few quotes from money supermarket then ring my insurer and magically they are able to bring it down just below the best quotes I have had every single time.

Reactions: ringi and Phil1710
Have been with LV this year, their renewal was £538 (up from £471).
Churchill's quote (through confused) was £376 with £100 more excess, so even if I have to make a claim I'm still up on the deal...just goes to shop that shopping around can make a big difference!

They are but Churchill seem to come up cheaper for most people than direct line - My m3 Sr+ is only £290 with Churchill, direct line wanted £380. (Although Churchill’s mandatory excess is £50 higher than direct lines).

Also if you call Churchill and add “autopilot” it takes around £40 off the quote price.

I added the autopilot with Churchill today and the lady seemed to struggle at first to find it in the mods list, it’s apparently there as ‘Tesla Autopilot’ not just ‘Autopilot’ if they are claiming they can’t find anything!