Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed the tri motor timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's always been nice when the most expensive, quickest trim of any model comes first or nearly first. I'm pretty disappointed that it's the opposite with the truck. Think there's any chance the timeline gets flip flopped and the current timeline is just for marketing and to rack up orders away from Rivian?

It's always been nice when the most expensive, quickest trim of any model comes first or nearly first. I'm pretty disappointed that it's the opposite with the truck. Think there's any chance the timeline gets flip flopped and the current timeline is just for marketing and to rack up orders away from Rivian?

Not sure where you are coming from, but the LR RWD was the first Model 3 and the AWD didn't appear for about a year after the first Model 3 shipped (about 6 months after mass production) And then it was another 6 months before the cheapest.

Reactions: woodguyatl
I’m glad I got my performance 3 in Sept. 2018. Several of the initial run changes had been made by the time mine was manufactured.

Excited to get my Cybertruck ASAP but more than happy to have the manufacturing process fine tuned a bit before I get mine.

Right there with you.

Time files. These trucks will be here before you know it.

I'm with you two and I'm kind of disappointed the tri-motor moved up in the production schdeule. I pre-ordered my Model X and got it in early 2016 vin #807. I'm okay with missing out on some of the hardware updates since I purchased and enjoyed what I got. There were some little changes like improved falcon wing door switches and interior trim on the center console door that I missed out on. It would have been nice to have my carbon fiber on the sliding console. Little improvements that complete the fit and finish of the vehicle. I would have been okay with single and dual motors working out the design issues and having the "premium" tri-motors contain more mature finishes.

A few thoughts: 1) My hope is that the "fast" SuperCharging (80% in less than 15 minutes) is widely available before the tri-motor CT is out because the battery pack is almost certainly going to be larger and will take longer than existing models to SuperCharge. 2) I was personally really excited that there will be a solar charging option for the CT (especially if it won't fit into my garage where my HPWC is located). I'm willing to wait for this option if it isn't readily available when the CT launches. 3) You can always defer when you take delivery of your vehicle if you are worried about the "finished" product early on in the production cycle. I was lucky enough that when I took delivery of my 85D that I didn't have the motor issues that plagued the Model S at that time. Being first isn't always a good thing ;)