Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointing washer fluid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, welcome to a little taste of California. Extremely strict emissions laws here, you only get the weak detergent based washer fluids here unless it’s winter and you live in a mountainous region.

For everywhere else, you guys get to spray methanol, otherwise known as liquid smog, at your windshields....

Considering your car is delivered to canada, I would personally just spray out all the factory stuff and replace it with local washer fluid.

Sorry, welcome to a little taste of California. Extremely strict emissions laws here, you only get the weak detergent based washer fluids here unless it’s winter and you live in a mountainous region.

For everywhere else, you guys get to spray methanol, otherwise known as liquid smog, at your windshields....

Considering your car is delivered to canada, I would personally just spray out all the factory stuff and replace it with local washer fluid.
Seriously, you can't even get the normal blue bottles at your 'gas' station? :) Good grief, I thought the paint mess was bad enough!

I don't know about spraying it out, I'd suck it out and refill with something that actually cleans the windshield!

Seriously, you can't even get the normal blue bottles at your 'gas' station? :) Good grief, I thought the paint mess was bad enough!

I don't know about spraying it out, I'd suck it out and refill with something that actually cleans the windshield!

Unless you're near Lake Tahoe up in the mountains, the blue stuff is also fake, detergent based, 32F freezing point (gee it's as if it's water…). In my experience, mixing Einzett concentrate yourself is the best way to get effective washing power. Even then, the labeling says you must dilute it 1:20. Any stronger and it's also illegal.

I would tell you what I usually do with the concentrate, but I can't take the chance that you are an undercover CARB agent ;-)

Unless you're near Lake Tahoe up in the mountains, the blue stuff is also fake, detergent based, 32F freezing point (gee it's as if it's water…). In my experience, mixing Einzett concentrate yourself is the best way to get effective washing power. Even then, the labeling says you must dilute it 1:20. Any stronger and it's also illegal.

I would tell you what I usually do with the concentrate, but I can't take the chance that you are an undercover CARB agent ;-)
Around *here* we get real stuff in the blue bottles (now *I* sound like a moonshiner...) :D

• Funny
Reactions: chillaban
Around *here* we get real stuff in the blue bottles (now *I* sound like a moonshiner...) :D
The first time I got really mad about it was when I was going to Tahoe last year. I tried to stop by every single gas station on the way up the mountain and the first one with methanol blue fluid was after half an hour in the freezing cold and by then my nozzles already were heated shut. Had to survive by pouring washer fluid down the sunroof periodically and wiping it….

Fortunately my hotel was absolutely awesome and offered to put my car under the driveway heat lamps to warm it up, and I was able to wash my windshield the next morning.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva