Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discovered a great Model 3 Trunk photo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And THAT would be a deal breaker for me compared to my MS. I use the big opening all the time to load things or just generally help with cleaning, transporting, etc. I could not accept a trunk opening this small...

I use the Model S to carry my Bike around and find that the hatchback is a necessity. Hopefully golf clubs will still fit. Hoping for more detailed information.

Reactions: NeverFollow
That's because tesla chose form over function. That body shape is screaming to be a hatchback. It would have great cargo capacity that way, instead of poor cargo capacity. It feels like another example of tesla intentionally stunting the M3 so they can sell more MS's.
A fancy glass roof isn't worth the tradeoff of poor cargo space.
Will a stroller even fit in that thing?

In this case, form is function. They got more head space for backseat passengers and more range from being more aerodynamic. Seems that no matter how many times people are reminded of this they go back to thinking this change was made for looks. I'll take the headroom in the backseat over the extra trunk space any day. Just because you have a different preference doesn't mean one lacks function.

Yes, thanks. The Motortrend photos remove much doubt about the size.
Comparing the distance from the top of the taillights to the top of the trunk opening, that opening doesn't look much larger than on the initial prototypes. However, wasn't luggage volume originally listed as 13 cu.ft., whereas it's now "15?" (Sorry if this is another of my senior moments.)

Yes, thanks. The Motortrend photos remove much doubt about the size.
Comparing the distance from the top of the taillights to the top of the trunk opening, that opening doesn't look much larger than on the initial prototypes. However, wasn't luggage volume originally listed as 13 cu.ft., whereas it's now "15?" (Sorry if this is another of my senior moments.)

The frunk is being included. The trunk essentially didn't change. Just the seal/lip around it was narrowed.

Also what's the point of larger trunk opening at the top, only to expose the rear shelf (red) blocking the access:confused:.
That opening looks great compared to other small cars. Larger pieces of luggage (or anything else) and ability to stack smaller ones easier. Makes it easier to bend down and see what clearance you have. Bike handlebars entry (when the 2nd row is folded down).

Reactions: scottf200