Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they do not fully cover the dead pedal so stuff rolls behind the mat there. The are also not as high on the sides as the MaxPiders.
other option is the TeslaShileds, similar to the MaxPiders but without the huge ugly logo and I think its better coverage. not sure if they have it in stock or not.
Thanks, I'll do some research on the TeslaShields. Their web says "pre-order" for the 2021 model. Much less expensive than the Maxpider too.

Reactions: tshields
Thanks, I'll do some research on the TeslaShields. Their web says "pre-order" for the 2021 model. Much less expensive than the Maxpider too.
Just picked up the TeslaShields. From their website, it says that the estimated shipping date would be around March 26 - April 2. When I get them I'll post some pictures. If I get my Model 3 within these next two weeks.

Last edited:
I just ordered the TShields. Still on pre-order for the 2021 model but I figure that's a good thing as they are taking the time to make them fit. If I like them I'll also order a trunk mat when they are available.
We custom mold our mats by hand and takes many months to develop because we are focused on having the most perfect fitting mats on the market and takes a lot of trial and error to get to the point where we feel confident enough to offer it to our consumers.

they do not fully cover the dead pedal so stuff rolls behind the mat there. The are also not as high on the sides as the MaxPiders.
other option is the TeslaShileds, similar to the MaxPiders but without the huge ugly logo and I think its better coverage. not sure if they have it in stock or not.
We actually custom mold our product by hand and we compared the fitment of the maxpider to improve our product. We actually published an article through TMC to highlight our differences which I have attached the link on this reply.

Don’t let them send you 2020 mats they are not the same as the 2021.
Very close but you will not have that molded fit, specially on the passenger side.
A few other websites have tried to pass the 2020 mats to the 2021 mats.
actually that complaint about the 2020 mats not fitting the 2021 on the passenger side mostly pertains to 3d Maxpiders. According to our research and personal exopericance we found that our front mats fit well, it is the back which fits snug and less than 10th of an inch needs to be slightly tucked under the center console. Many of our customer prefer this fit and some prefer a looser fit which is why we are releasing our 2021 versions in mid to late April of this year.

Don't be so sure ... this was Chat conversation with TS just now

• Greetings. Do you or don't you have the TS Cteslamodel3-2021 in stock presently?
  • Hello, thanks for reaching out. I'll be right with you!
  • Hello
  • We are currently awaiting final production to commence and shipment starts mid to late April. We were supposed to ship out last week but samples came back and did not meet our rigorous quality standards so we had to re do them to make them perfect for our customers
  • Got it. Thx.
  • We do have 2 units left of our 2017-2020 and they do fit quite well on the 21 however the back mat is a little snug but still fits well nonetheless

Don't be so sure ... this was Chat conversation with TS just now

• Greetings. Do you or don't you have the TS Cteslamodel3-2021 in stock presently?
  • Hello, thanks for reaching out. I'll be right with you!
  • Hello
  • We are currently awaiting final production to commence and shipment starts mid to late April. We were supposed to ship out last week but samples came back and did not meet our rigorous quality standards so we had to re do them to make them perfect for our customers
  • Got it. Thx.
  • We do have 2 units left of our 2017-2020 and they do fit quite well on the 21 however the back mat is a little snug but still fits well nonetheless
Was just reading this and appears that we made an error. I was reading through the chat logs and missed the 2021 model 3 and thought that that @DeltaOne was referring to our 2017 - 2020 which we did have 3 in stock. @DeltaOne I would suggest you try it out and if you are not happy with the fitment will grant you a full refund plus return shipping at our expense and will be sending you out a free pair of our 2021 either way when they become available. I personally apologize for this mishap.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Was just reading this and appears that we made an error. I was reading through the chat logs and missed the 2021 model 3 and thought that that @DeltaOnewas referring to our 2017 - 2020 which we did have 3 in stock. @DeltaOne I would suggest you try it out and if you are not happy with the fitment will grant you a full refund plus return shipping at our expense and will be sending you out a free pair of our 2021 either way when they become available. I personally apologize for this mishap.

A few posts up I mention my order of TeslaShields for my soon to be delivered 2021 Model 3. In response to one post, I mention that I was careful to order from the 2021 page.

Well, about 10 minutes ago I received a call from Jason, he identified himself as a co-owner of Tesla Shields. There was some confusion about my order and he wanted to make it right. They're going to send me mats for the 2020 model and later, in April, they're going to send me a set of the 2021 mats, at no extra charge. :)

I'd like to thank Tesla Shields and Jason! This is above and beyond, really great customer service. Tesla Shields...thank you!

Hello All,
Long time lurker,
Just got my tesla last friday. Ordered floor mats from @TeslaShields with the anticipation that it'll be shipped this week. Although as delineated above, the samples didn't meet their expectation of quality. I really admire that they want a quality product out in the market and not trying to capitalize on getting a product out in the market just for money. Also i spoke to Jason the co-owner and not a bot so thats refreshing. Just want to let everyone know the customer support is also above and beyond. So thank you Tesla Shields.

We sincerely appreciate that and we truly put our customers first which is why we decided to re do our mats to make them perfect. Our latest estimated ship date has been moved the end of April and we will know of an exact date in the next couple of days and will keep everyone updated on our profile here and our website.

Reactions: Ron_M3
A few posts up I mention my order of TeslaShields for my soon to be delivered 2021 Model 3. In response to one post, I mention that I was careful to order from the 2021 page.

Well, about 10 minutes ago I received a call from Jason, he identified himself as a co-owner of Tesla Shields. There was some confusion about my order and he wanted to make it right. They're going to send me mats for the 2020 model and later, in April, they're going to send me a set of the 2021 mats, at no extra charge. :)

I'd like to thank Tesla Shields and Jason! This is above and beyond, really great customer service. Tesla Shields...thank you!
Jason, I received the 2020 mats you sent. You were right, they do fit nearly perfectly. As you described, the back mat is a little tight where it meets the center console.

If there's anything wrong with the fit of the front mats, my inspection missed it. I am eager to see how the 2021 mats fit when you can ship them.

Thanks again for the great service!

Jason, I received the 2020 mats you sent. You were right, they do fit nearly perfectly. As you described, the back mat is a little tight where it meets the center console.

If there's anything wrong with the fit of the front mats, my inspection missed it. I am eager to see how the 2021 mats fit when you can ship them.

Thanks again for the great service!
Pics? Love to see close up too

Pics? Love to see close up too
Front driver side seems to fit the best.

Front passenger side has a gap (indicated by arrow).

Back of the console is tight (indicated by arrow).

As for the back driver side, I'm curious why the raised ribbing doesn't follow the edge of the mat along the edge as it goes around the perimeter? Seems to me that would be better.

Just to make sure no one is confused, these are the TeslaShields mats for 2020 in a 2021 Model 3. Jason from TeslaShields said above the redesigned mats for 2021 will arrive later in April.

Attachments

• front driver side.jpeg
    front driver side.jpeg
    886.4 KB · Views: 224
  • front passenger side.jpeg
    front passenger side.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 196
  • back console.jpeg
    back console.jpeg
    991.2 KB · Views: 181
  • back driver side.jpeg
    back driver side.jpeg
    944.2 KB · Views: 201
Front driver side seems to fit the best.

Front passenger side has a gap (indicated by arrow).

Back of the console is tight (indicated by arrow).

As for the back driver side, I'm curious why the raised ribbing doesn't follow the edge of the mat along the edge as it goes around the perimeter? Seems to me that would be better.

Just to make sure no one is confused, these are the TeslaShields mats for 2020 in a 2021 Model 3. Jason from TeslaShields said above the redesigned mats for 2021 will arrive later in April.
We are thrilled to see that this worked out for you. As you can see, they work when in a pinch however, they look absolutely gorgeous in their respective models. Here is a sneak preview of our 2021 model 3 floor mat.

Attachments

• model-3-img3.jpg
    model-3-img3.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 234
  • model-3-img4.jpg
    model-3-img4.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 241
  • model-3-img5.jpg
    model-3-img5.jpg
    762.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited: