Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here at TeslaShields we are currently measuring and custom molding our trunk and frunk mats for both the model 3, the model y, and the model Y 7 seater. Here you can see my other partner measuring out a model y 7 seater trunk. We are currently in production for our model 3 and y mats with a ship date on April 30th to May 5 however we are running pre orders at cost until then.

Anyone have anything definitive they can point me to? Willing to take a chance and pay the shipping but would prefer not to pay the shipping if I'll have to buy 2021 mats in the end.
Scroll back to post #500 on this thread. I took pictures of what I believe to be 2017 - 2019 mats in my 2021 Model 3 (from TeslaShields). For the most part they fit fine, I point out the 1 or 2 places where they aren't a perfect fit.

Also consider the TeslaShields mats. I'm a new owner, just getting in to this, but the TeslaShields mats are similar to the Maxpider mats.

If you have a 2021 Model 3...the TeslaShields mats don't ship until later this month.
Thanks for the mention, we actually took the leading brands of floor mats on the market and compared them and then custom molded a new and improved fit. We just opened up our pre orders for our trunk and frunk mat kits. We have two models for the model 3 one for the (2017-2020) and the other one is (2021)

Is there a difference is the design of the trunk well from 2020 to 2021 SR+? The mat for the 2020s are cheaper so if there's no difference in the wells, I'm just gonna order one for the 2020s
There's no difference in the trunk but for the frunk, there's a difference between 2020 and 2021. I actually purchased the rear and front from an off-brand website (perhaps you'll know where) and they fit perfectly for fraction of the cost.

Yes as we were designing our frunk and trunk mats we noticed there was some discrepancies in the overall fitment between the 2020 and 2021 mats. Even though the difference was marginal (less than a half inch) it was still substantial enough that we came to the decision of having two separate frunk and trunk mats for the model 3 (2017-2019) and (2020-2021)

Yes as we were designing our frunk and trunk mats we noticed there was some discrepancies in the overall fitment between the 2020 and 2021 mats. Even though the difference was marginal (less than a half inch) it was still substantial enough that we came to the decision of having two separate frunk and trunk mats for the model 3 (2017-2019) and (2020-2021)
Is good that you are looking at the little changes made and adjusting to them. I ordered a full set today including the trunk/frunk. No rush though, don't have the car and the winter months are still in the distant future! :) From what I see so far, they look much better than my normal go-to of weathertech or husky liners..

Is good that you are looking at the little changes made and adjusting to them. I ordered a full set today including the trunk/frunk. No rush though, don't have the car and the winter months are still in the distant future! :) From what I see so far, they look much better than my normal go-to of weathertech or husky liners..
We appreciate that! We are a small company based out of miami consisting of my partner and I. We used to ship and operate out of my grandmothers garage but thanks to you guys we have grown tremendously in the last few months and we now have warehouse locations in Los Angeles, Utah, TN, and PA. We are expecting to be fully functional in those locations in the next 3 weeks and will be able to ship anywhere in the US (except AK and Hawaii) in 2 days or less.

This whole journey has been an absolute dream This started out as a project when I was dissatisfied with my unperfct fitting mats for my model 3 and decided to make my own mats to fit as perfectly as humanly possible while I was a sophomore in college and now I am a senior that is graduating next week! You guys on TMC are amazing and am so grateful to be apart of this wonderful community!

• Love
Reactions: TydalForce
I just ordered the trunk mats. I picked up mulch earlier and lined the trunk with plastic and figured I should just get them.

My twin daughters are 24 and I don't see them starting a business anytime soon.
My motivation in starting this company was to have something to get into when I finished college. I have been working since I was 18 and one thing I could not stand was working for someone else. Going to an office everyday at a certain time and having someone breathe down your neck, micromanaging, and telling me what to do was something I completely loathed. The prospect of being independent and self sufficient is something I relished and the only way to achieve that is to get out there and start taking risks and most importantly of all was to start failing and making my mistakes early on because most people including myself learn most quickly when you make mistakes or fail because you have the personal experience of what not to do next time.

Reactions: TunaBug