Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is one of the reasons we test fit after the application is measured and developed.

My guess is that the walls are too wide.

It looks similar to our mats- what's the backing made out of?

Smoother than the top side, but doesn't seem like a different material. I ended up sending them back because of the passenger side and trunk which seems too large and buckles up in the center.

• Helpful
Reactions: TWoodstream
passenger side fits like garbage.
Mine look to fit fine:
Passenger.jpg

Maybe adjust the way they rest on the floor?

I ordered the Tesla mats for both the front and trunk and was very disappointed. The frunk liner was supposed to be custom fit, yet there was over an inch gap, which made it look pretty crappy and the usable area smaller. The trunk mat came with a tear in it, and it only covered the inner portion of the trunk. So back to Tesla they went and time to search for something better.

So I'm looking for a frunk liner that is more durable than just carpet, something that goes up the sides a bit to protect the sides from wheels. For the trunk I'm looking for something that covers the whole trunk, yet is lightweight enough to lift up and access the lower area, and durable enough to handle golf bags and such dragging across it.

What have your experiences been, good and bad?

WeatherTech.com

WeatherTechTrunk.jpg

WeatherTechFrunk.jpg

You can see that my trunk gets most of the storage abuse; I rarely use the frunk to store/transport stuff. The sides do wrap up an inch or two but nothing that will protect wheels on a golf bag / luggage. Access to the sub trunk is easy as long as I move whatever is on top towards the back of the trunk (i.e., front of the car). I store my CHAdeMO adapter and a tripod to support the weight of the adapter in the sub trunk and there's no problem retrieving them. They are a bit expensive but worth it to protect the carpeted interior.

Last edited:
Alright.. I finally bit the bullet and ordered some Floor Mats.

I don't think I've seen them on here yet. They are listed on amazon as a new product, and no reviews.. with a 50% off Amazon Coupon.

Figured I'd give them a try. They look just like the Spyder 3Ds.. I'll post a link below and pics once they arrive.

SUPER LINER All Weather Floor Mats for 2021-2022 Tesla Model 3

If anyone has seen them first hand or purchased them already, any info would be great.
I bought these as well, tempted by the awesome price.

The passenger side fit like total garbage on my 22 M3P. I could have maybe lived with that, but the mats STUNK. They had the worst chemical rubber smell which ruined the new car smell. I pulled them out of the car last week and sent them back - thankfully the terrible smell is gone now but jeez - terrible experience.

I tried to write a review on Amazon, but Amazon wouldn’t let me due to “suspicious activity from the seller” 🤷‍♂️

Not sure where to go next. I want the 3D Maxspider mats but I refuse to have that terrible logo (or holes from removing the logo). Anyone know of any decent knockoff mats? I would also like the velcro-like design on the back like the Maxspiders have. Teslashields look ok, but I think I’ll stay away given all the horror stories I’ve read on here.

Not sure where to go next. I want the 3D Maxspider mats but I refuse to have that terrible logo (or holes from removing the logo). Anyone know of any decent knockoff mats? I would also like the velcro-like design on the back like the Maxspiders have. Teslashields look ok, but I think I’ll stay away given all the horror stories I’ve read on here.
I toned down the logo using a felt-tip marker. After a couple months I didn't notice them any more.

Might be expensive to some but got these for both our M3's. Honestly I didn't know the LR was going to have mats as the SRP didn't but I don't like carpet mats anyway.

The one in the frunk saved us already when some groceries "leaked". YMMV

These cost more than the OEM ones. Are the better?

I think the Model 3 Rugged Textile Interior Mats are a better choice. My son has the carpet mats and they are very difficult to keep clean. Anything fuzzy like dog hair or vegetable matter like grass clippings are difficult to get up even with a powerful vacuum.

Finally, after reading 48 pages of this thread, someone mentions Tesla's Rugged Textile Mat and their positive. I hate, hate the mats that came with my 2022 M3P but I didn't like the look of the all-weather mats. I was leaning towards the Rugged Textile Mats but nervous about ordering. Now, I'm not.

I thank you

These cost more than the OEM ones. Are the better?
I really like them and they fix exactly perfect. Does the OEM come with a full truck + below storage in truck and frunk along with floor mats?
I looked at Tesla but either I found out they didn't or they were out of stock at the time maybe. Either way bought for my wife's and again for mine if that's any indication.