Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a Y LR on order since March 6th... with an estimated delivery of April, then May, then June... they lowered the price a couple weeks back and also updated my order with the adjusted prices, I hadn't locked in a loan yet since it wasn't in the 30 day window... once they lowered them, I decided to apply for the loan and my delivery date moved up to May 2nd... now prices have dropped another 3k!! Still showing possible April delivery for brand new orders!! Did anyone who already applied for a loan, get it adjusted when they dropped the prices a couple of weeks ago? Another 3k is worth placing a new order, losing $250 down payment and "maybe" waiting a little longer for the car...

Wow is right. They tried to get me to p/u yesterday. Bullet dodged... again. I wonder how long should I wait now ;)

This does put MYAWD at below release price of $39K once you factor in tax credit

Indeed. The Model Y LR-AWD is below the original release price and near the lowest price of $49K from February to March of 2021.

Tesla Model Y Base Price History (8).png

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (7).png

Link to data. Edit: Added Model 3 chart.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
I am not sleeping tonight. 🤮 Feel terrible that the new order agreement doesn’t reflect the price when the last price drop automatically reflected the change. I bet they are going to say, “cancel and pay for the transport. Plus now go get in the back of the line”…..🥴

It was either 4k or 5k when I ordered in Jan of 2022 and picked up in March of 2022. As prices have been moving around, I dont know if that difference was maintained.
@woolymammoth17

It's been difference of $4K since beginning Feb 2023.
Screenshot_20230418_224716_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230418_225822_Samsung Internet.jpg

See snap shot (from YTs Rob Mauer) and latest Model Y price.

Last edited: