Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clearly you're helping Tesla spinning its mouth and doing the non existent PR job for them.

For Costco, if the toilet paper was sold by Costco (Kirkland) not P&G etc, something they have control over, on a good customer relations, they will prob send a coupon / sample back after you complaint for you to try back after disappointing quality, but clearly you don't seem to take / value customers feedback seriously, speaking of entitlement ironically.

Housing is different as most of them are sold by individual home owners, so less structure there.

Aka, not putting words in your mouth, but your altitude is entitled itself, our burgers was too expensive, didn't taste good and was missing cheese at the time, McDonald's don't care about your complaints, go to Wendy's.
A car is not toilet paper. Some stores give generous policies because it is cheap to do so. For example, there are no 30 day return policies for cars, but stores do that for other products.

For your previous vehicles did you ever have a feature that was upgraded in a later model and got the dealer to give you a freebie or the manufacturer to upgrade your car for free to the same spec as a later model? From my understanding, you would be pretty much laughed off the lot of you asked a dealer for something like this. I don't think your expectations are reasonable.

Reactions: Ray_R
More like believe we are entitled to a decent bearable ride quality not trying to break your back for $65K. One may ask, why did you get it then? It's the only viable EV for long road trip imo, which is why I was willing to pay & agreed for that price. Now there's a solution in place and for less, so asking for step 1, an option to upgrade without the need to replace entire vehicle, then step 2, pricing, hoping for some goodwill, if they want to charge for the parts so be it, but need step 1 first. Think we're entitled to have a comfortable ride.

How would you handle the normal occurrence of all technology getting better and less expensive over time?

Did the manufacturers of your phone, TV, computer, etc . give you free upgrades?

Most people buy the best (in their opinion) products for their needs and budget with the full realization that it's their choice to use now vs waiting endlessly without something.

How would you handle the normal occurrence of all technology getting better and less expensive over time?

Did the manufacturers of your phone, TV, computer, etc . give you free upgrades?

Most people buy the best (in their opinion) products for their needs and budget with the full realization that it's their choice to use now vs waiting endlessly without something.

Phone, TV, computer - everything sub 1k… Tesla (esp 2022) > 65k. For most people, second biggest purchase after home.

Plus, given the very nature of EVs and Tesla in general - more people will want to keep their cars for longer (than having to buy “more” and newer tech)

Giving an option to upgrade (exiting 3-5 year old cars) to latest tech (and, or potentially recycle) will help “save” the planet as well :) - we don’t have to nuke Mars or find another planet to inhabit. Why run those giga factories when all you need is may be smaller parts to upgrade. Just a thought.

There’s a total “for profit” aspect (make people throw away “old” stuff and get factories to churn “new” stuff for people to buy more). And then there is practical benefit aspect. AlsoC why in first place give 7500$ rebate if all this is about is to sell more cars.

You got the car you paid for. You test drove it and found it acceptable for the price you paid at the time. If you’re now unhappy with the suspension, there are good aftermarket options available. Tesla owes you nothing.
Test drove 30 mins, roads were well paved as well, hard to stress test everything, guess Tesla owes us nothing, but we owe Tesla (technically the bank) money, back to the lack of good will, customer relations. At this point, why not go woke, start going back to the good old days, charged us for software updates, Tesla / Apple, etc owes us nothing. No need for a good experience / relations.

A car is not toilet paper. Some stores give generous policies because it is cheap to do so. For example, there are no 30 day return policies for cars, but stores do that for other products.

For your previous vehicles did you ever have a feature that was upgraded in a later model and got the dealer to give you a freebie or the manufacturer to upgrade your car for free to the same spec as a later model? From my understanding, you would be pretty much laughed off the lot of you asked a dealer for something like this. I don't think your expectations are reasonable.
Phone, TV, computer - everything sub 1k… Tesla (esp 2022) > 65k. For most people, second biggest purchase after home.

Plus, given the very nature of EVs and Tesla in general - more people will want to keep their cars for longer (than having to buy “more” and newer tech)

Giving an option to upgrade (exiting 3-5 year old cars) to latest tech (and, or potentially recycle) will help “save” the planet as well :) - we don’t have to nuke Mars or find another planet to inhabit. Why run those giga factories when all you need is may be smaller parts to upgrade. Just a thought.

There’s a total “for profit” aspect (make people throw away “old” stuff and get factories to churn “new” stuff for people to buy more). And then there is practical benefit aspect. AlsoC why in first place give 7500$ rebate if all this is about is to sell more cars.
Agreed, car is not like a toilet paper, it's much more expensive actually. I will put it the 3rd most expensive as kids are getting very expensive these days, but how much would it actually cost Tesla to put a cargo cover on? Suspension maybe a bit more expensive than cargo cover, but think we're entitled to suspension not trying to break your back which is the entire point. Not asking for a refund which is how others are trying to frame it, but entitled to a comfortable ride for the price we paid.

Also agreed, not really eco friendly & financial wise to keep replacing EVs for minor things. And also believe Cargo Cover is standard for this price level, but lets go woke and cancel the doors too, we can enter the car through the trunk. Don't need so many doors.

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm aware of technology getting better and better over time, in fact, for EVs, I believe we are in the early days of smart phone eras where each year there is a substantial difference every year. So not trying to chase the latest tech, but how would you feel if your smartphone battery shipped with a really bad battery life? Or that there's screen issues with your folding phone? Recall or maybe some good incentives to trade in, but guess again, no customer relations "Tesla owes us nothing"

Yeah, I'm aware of technology getting better and better over time, in fact, for EVs, I believe we are in the early days of smart phone eras where each year there is a substantial difference every year. So not trying to chase the latest tech, but how would you feel if your smartphone battery shipped with a really bad battery life? Or that there's screen issues with your folding phone? Recall or maybe some good incentives to trade in, but guess again, no customer relations "Tesla owes us nothing"
In your example, those devices would be covered by a warranty, as is your car. If your suspension was defective, it would be covered under warranty. It’s not, so Tesla owes you nothing. If you feel it’s defective, make a service appointment.

I did order a Hyundai Ioniq 5, Lounge almost a year ago. Got a phone call from my dealer 2 weeks ago, it was ready to be delivered.
HOWEVER, the price was up €3.000. If we could settle the bill please.
Long story short, cancelled the Ioniq 5, ordered a MYLR for 5k less. It used to be 10k more a year ago.
Don't know the reasons for Tesla to lower the prices, however for me it worked just fine 🙂
Car is to be delivered in May or June, so no waiting for 12 months!

Reactions: carcrazyguy